Clarke hands in transfer request (1 Viewer)

RoboCCFC90

Because even though he's scoring goals at this level let's face it the bloke can't trap a wet bag of sand and is nowhere near good enough for the championship. There's a big gulf in class between league 1 and the championship in my opinion. I'm not sure why people are surprised about his transfer request though, 13 clubs at the age of 28 says it all. He's just another mercenary clocking up the signing on fees. I put money on him moving to wolves then moving on again next jan

Maybe not but we should do what we can to get the right fee so Pressley can tinker in the transfer market.

Plymouth Sky Blue

Players come, players go. If he wants to go, let him! No point keeping a player who's heart is elsewhere. If we can get a decent wedge for him and hopefully use that to replace him we'll do just fine, maybe better. Thanks for the goals Leon, hope the bench is warm at Wolves for next season!!!

Gint11

He is a club hoar. I can see why he would want to, they are going up and he will get more money and we all know there is no loyality anymore. How about a straight swap with Kevin Doyle?

italiahorse

Players come, players go. If he wants to go, let him! No point keeping a player who's heart is elsewhere. If we can get a decent wedge for him and hopefully use that to replace him we'll do just fine, maybe better. Thanks for the goals Leon, hope the bench is warm at Wolves for next season!!!

Yes, no point keeping Suarez was there either.

He's under contract so tell him no.

RFC

All about an Agent's influence and ££££££££££££££'s, also a player that's hardly spent a year at any club he's played for!

The writing was always on the wall.

AFCCOVENTRY

What happens is that his agent has probably gone around clubs offering Clarke. Clarke finds out there's a club that interests him and can offer double his wages and then he slaps a transfer request in.

It's the way footy is now. Players aren't loyal to a cause. They want there next big pay day.

stupot07

1 million for Clarke no way. This is a strikers division. Clarke scores a lot but misses a lot also. This is his level. He is not a top Championship striker.

Wells went for over a £1m, Rhodes went for what £6-7m, Southampton paid £1.5m for Lambert and £1m for Bernard, west ham paid £2.5m For Baldock, palace paid £4.7m for Gayle.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/league-one/transferrekorde/wettbewerb_GB3.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Hobo

Just tell him no unless we have some one else lined up.

Too be honest we are already short so we need 2 maybe 3 if we think we can challenge for promotion.
Have you not seen Clarke play in a sulk? Has been very lazy in his early career!

Sky Blue Kid

Wolverhampton is his "Home Town." As such he will be "Home" on much better wages, and playing in a Proper Stadium. Can you blame him? because there's no such thing as loyalty anymore. Didn't Marlon King prove that to you? Anybody still think we'll finish in the top half this season?...I don't!

stupot07

Yes, no point keeping Suarez was there either.

He's under contract so tell him no.

It's a different kettle of fish, we've got a young impressionable squad, you don't want your star player being moody and effecting the other players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Astute

Wolves will get promoted if he goes there. That is worth much more than 1m to them. They are a bigger club than us. And he won't be wasting his time scoring goals just to watch a poor defence leak goals at the other end.

I wonder if he has had the nod from someone at another club? Yes I know it is illegal, but bit of a strange time to hand in a request. He could have shown what he could do against Arsenal and straight after a training injury keeps him out of playing our last game.

Hobo

skybluejelly

ok so you can not blame sisu for Clarke leaving ... but we can blame them for having such a thin squad that we now have no recognised strikers if he leaves .. even if Wilson comes back sooner than anticipated he may have lost his form..come back roy o'donovan all is forgiven.

RoboCCFC90

Rob how much of a million would sisu reinvest?
£50,000?

That's not my point, Leon is a striker that gets us goals, he is vital to any team I wouldn't sell him cheap, not when there are clubs sniffinf who could afford that sort of figure!

ricohroar

You can't blame Sisu for letting Clarke go if he choses to go. But its there fault in away, whos to say if we were playing in front of 15,000 - 20,000 at the Ricoh without a -10 point deduction, heading for the play offs??? maybe wolves wouldn't seem such a better thing??

dongonzalos

I suppose we find out now if SISU
Really did learn the lesson they claim to have.

Top scorer n league one
28 so still at his prime in contract.

We were told it would have to be a ridiculous offer.

I don't buy that you can't keep an unhappy player.

If e don't get a ridiculous offer Cov can say no.

They can say to Leon they Weill sell him in 5 months time if we are not promoted.

It is then down to Clarke keep doing what he is doing to get the best move in the summer.

There would be absolutely no benefit to him to drop his form.

So for me SISU need to consider the cost if missing out on promotion.

They will still get good buds for Leon in the summer possibly more.

wal3590

I suppose we find out now if SISU
Really did learn the lesson they claim to have.

Top scorer n league one
28 so still at his prime in contract.

We were told it would have to be a ridiculous offer.

I don't buy that you can't keep an unhappy player.

If e don't get a ridiculous offer Cov can say no.

They can say to Leon they Weill sell him in 5 months time if we are not promoted.

It is then down to Clarke keep doing what he is doing to get the best move in the summer.

There would be absolutely no benefit to him to drop his form.

So for me SISU need to consider the cost if missing out on promotion.

They will still get good buds for Leon in the summer possibly more.

Do you really want Leon Clarke playing for us anymore? Let him rot

James Smith

What happens is that his agent has probably gone around clubs offering Clarke. Clarke finds out there's a club that interests him and can offer double his wages and then he slaps a transfer request in.

It's the way footy is now. Players aren't loyal to a cause. They want there next big pay day.

Sad but true.

Hugh Jarse

Look at all the ones who have gone before him in his kind of situation (half a decent season and a 'star' in the lower leagues) and tell me how many have gone onto bigger and better things long term?

dongonzalos

Do you really want Leon Clarke playing for us anymore? Let him rot

Yes I do
He will get on with it and score goals.
If at work another department doing better than ours told me we can double your wages if you come here and do the same job.
I would fancy it and so would 99% of people.

I just hope SISU realise the pay off may actually be a deficit if it costs us promotion and they can say no.

fernandopartridge

Yes I do
He will get on with it and score goals.
If at work another department doing better than ours told me we can double your wages if you come here and do the sane job.
I would fancy it and so would 99% of people.

I just hope SISU realise the pay off may actually be a deficit if it costs us promotion and they can say no.

No he won't, most of his career he's been 'unsettled' and full of attitude and achieved fuck all.

I personally don't think having mercenary cunts like him around influencing our young players is a good thing, get a decent fee for him and let him go.

Ashdown1

I don't know why some posters sound surprised and angry by this issue. This has been happening to Coventry City since year dot, every season since I can remember we have had a problem hanging onto players. Of course with this idiotic hedge fund at the helm, the danger is 'The cascade effect' on the rest of the better players as they wonder if now could be the right time to make their move.
It was this time last year our season fell apart once and for all !

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
So having received the transfer request does Pressley adopt the "bomb squad" policy or keep Leon Clarke in the squad (subject to injury)?

Personally I would leave him out of the squad. I would also move him on as quick as possible subject to getting bids of course, and hope to get a couple of strikers in (not to mention a CB, and ball winner and a winger) ........ assuming FL regs permit

Users who are viewing this thread