Clarke hands in transfer request (1 Viewer)

Astute

At least we don't have to discuss making the playoffs anymore.

glancy89

Im sorry but i dont understand this - they are in the same league, Wolves once palmed him off before! He Quote, "im playing the best football of my career and thoroughly enjoying his partnership with Wilson", he is 6 points off play-offs and playing against Arsenal shortly. Where's the sense???? Judas....(and i hate using that phrase but he is behaving like a child)

skybluejelly

seriously what is the point of buying tickets for arsenal if we are not going to have any strikers .. I know he hasn't gone yet but surely he will leave

RoboCCFC90

Well Waggott said he won't let him go cheap, slap £1M on his head, a 20 goal a season striker in his prime shoud easily fetch that figure.

ccfcway

Waggot is right on this one, we need to get tough. Put a price tag on his head to scare off other teams. SISU are losing £300k or so with 2 games at Sixfeilds, so this one cant be about the money !

CCFC

“Of course, it’s deeply disappointing when a player expresses a desire to leave the club in this way – especially when he has become such a firm favourite with supporters because of performances over the past 12 months.That said, when he still has a year-and-a-half left on his contract we are in a position where we will only let him leave if the deal is right for Coventry City Football Club."

LFC

Luis Suarez won’t be sold to Arsenal or anyone else, Liverpool owner John Henry has categorically assured fans. He says it would be ‘ludicrous’ to let him go and it simply won’t happen.

RoboCCFC90

Im sorry but i dont understand this - they are in the same league, Wolves once palmed him off before! He Quote, "im playing the best football of my career and thoroughly enjoying his partnership with Wilson", he is 6 points off play-offs and playing against Arsenal shortly. Where's the sense???? Judas....(and i hate using that phrase but he is behaving like a child)

I reckon he is jealous of Callum personally.

Sky Blue Pete

He needs to strike while he's hot. Done a great job for us but he just be able to see the future as well as us. Slow gradual decline with no investment, no support and shit owners

malkitccfc

Didn't he say he wanted to get 30 goals this season for us last week? Let him go, to Wolves preferably. Have half a season there, then when they get promoted he'll fall down the pecking order.

RoboCCFC90

CCFC

“Of course, it’s deeply disappointing when a player expresses a desire to leave the club in this way – especially when he has become such a firm favourite with supporters because of performances over the past 12 months.That said, when he still has a year-and-a-half left on his contract we are in a position where we will only let him leave if the deal is right for Coventry City Football Club."

LFC

Luis Suarez won’t be sold to Arsenal or anyone else, Liverpool owner John Henry has categorically assured fans. He says it would be ‘ludicrous’ to let him go and it simply won’t happen.

If we get a million for him I'd take that we could go and replace him for that.

Monners

Same old story - how does the transfer window system actually benefit football? One less team able to compete for the rest of the season.

covcity4life

fuck sake....cov will never hit rock bottom, always more pain around the corner :(

only glimmer of light is that we do make quite a lot of chances per game, hopefully someone else in team or a new signing can put enougha way to keep us in playoff contention...but doubtful.

Hobo

As much as I am a critic of SISU, in this case I would say look at the player his record speaks for itself.

I wasn't keen when Clarke arrived as he normally starts well then gets lazy.

I think the last 12 months he has played the best football of his career. Now he wants to go? If he goes to a Championship side fair enough, but if he moves to another League 1 side it will be just for the money.

Not a fan of keeping players who don't want to be here. So bye bye Leon.

RoboCCFC90

No way we will get a million for him.

Why not? Easily 25 goal a season striker, in his peak of his career, with 18 months left to run on his contract? I'd be expecting that as a minimum!

wal3590

I wouldn't give him another minute of game time, he doesn't deserve it, I would rather have Jordan Clarke up front now to be honest. Stuff him, I also think Pressley will think this way. If somebody does not believe in his way he normally gets rid. I have faith in Elvis to bring in a replacement though.

shoesmith81

You can't blame him. If you were to get the chance of playing for your home town club you would take the opportunity. Also Wolves have 20,000 plus most weeks and he will be offered miles more money than he is on with us. He isn't getting any younger so it's a good opportunity for him I feel.

Playing in front of 2500 at sixfields or playing in front of 20,000 at Wolves? I know what I'd prefer.

ConnorDevine

He's in form and with 18 months left we'll get reasonable money, and from watching him play there's no way he will be able to play at this standard in the championship, he's not got a footballing mind, he honestly looks lost for 85 minutes a match and perks up for 5

So selling him now isn't bad IF we get someone who compliments Wilson in

Marty

Back to being an overweight stroppy failure Leon, I hope we screw every last penny out of Wolves, Any chance of Leigh Griffiths in return?

fernandopartridge

He is not irreplaceable. I think the projections of doom are a bit OTT to be honest. It's a testament to the team effort this season that his 18 goals are only a third of the team's total.

skybluesloyal83

Why not? Easily 25 goal a season striker, in his peak of his career, with 18 months left to run on his contract? I'd be expecting that as a minimum!

Because even though he's scoring goals at this level let's face it the bloke can't trap a wet bag of sand and is nowhere near good enough for the championship. There's a big gulf in class between league 1 and the championship in my opinion. I'm not sure why people are surprised about his transfer request though, 13 clubs at the age of 28 says it all. He's just another mercenary clocking up the signing on fees. I put money on him moving to wolves then moving on again next jan

ashbyjan

Personal view - not Trust policy lol. If he is going to go let him go asap and that gives Waggott and SP a couple of weeks of the transfer window to get replacement(s) in. I would hope that any money that comes in (£1m is v v optimistic IMO) would be reinvested in the team as the loss of such a key player without replacement could not only scupper any lingering hopes of play offs but cause a negative ripple throughout the squad and lead to a dangerous slump in form. No Clarke, Wilson out for a couple of months - this will be a real test for SP, will show us if he is a good manager or not.

Nick: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...fer-request-coventry-city-130114-1291069.aspx

Hobo

1 million for Clarke no way. This is a strikers division. Clarke scores a lot but misses a lot also. This is his level. He is not a top Championship striker.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
couple of weeks back Leon Clarke was made Captain for a game wasn't he, before that saying how he was enjoying things ............. what has changed to make him want to leave? or is it just down to the money? (can't blame him looking after himself and family though to be honest)

The CableGuy

I'm sure Wolves and other clubs could pay him a lot more than we are.

Wouldn't you move to another company if they could x3 your wages?

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread