Charlie Wakefield (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Exactly this, as i said not naive people wanting a goalscorer now then is it.
it is because no guarantees a goalscorer hits ground running, also they cost money and we have a budget and like i said if one of our current strikers hit form then new striker not needed anyway

a new signing would mean less gametime for current strikers

fatso

it is because no guarantees a goalscorer hits ground running, also they cost money and we have a budget and like i said if one of our current strikers hit form then new striker not needed anyway

What makes you think any of our current strikers are about to hit form???
If we can't afford to buy a decent striker, maybe we should invest in a couple of banjos!

Nick

Administrator
What makes you think any of our current strikers are about to hit form???
If we can't afford to buy a decent striker, maybe we should invest in a couple of banjos!

What makes you think that if we were to bring in a striker they would come in and start scoring loads from the off?

fatso

What makes you think that if we were to bring in a striker they would come in and start scoring loads from the off?
Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't, but our current strikers can't score, so I'd happily take a 50:50 punt right now.

Nick

Administrator
Maybe they would, maybe they wouldn't, but our current strikers can't score, so I'd happily take a 50:50 punt right now.

We have strikers who haven't been given a chance to play as strikers.

There isn't a conveyor where you can just get a striker and if he doesnt score in a couple of games get another and leave the other one out of the squad.

fatso

We have strikers who haven't been given a chance to play as strikers.

There isn't a conveyor where you can just get a striker and if he doesnt score in a couple of games get another and leave the other one out of the squad.
I realise that, but given that Robins clearly has his favourites and is clearly reluctant to give others (e.g. ponticelli) a run (when he was fit)
It leaves us very few options but to have a gamble on a loan striker.
Let's be honest here, if we'd of brought in a new centre forward last night, this forum would be in melt down by now.

Nick

Administrator
I realise that, but given that Robins clearly has his favourites and is clearly reluctant to give others (e.g. ponticelli) a run (when he was fit)
Let's be honest here, if we'd of brought in a new centre forward last night, this forum would be in melt down by now.

The issue is that people forget the players we have already and keep demanding more. It was the same when McNulty was written off.

We had a fair few strikers (more than the top few teams in the league) and 1 left.

Brighton Sky Blue

LOL, funny as fuck m8

We're both being sarcastic yet just 1 of us has a point

WATCH: Conor Chaplin's dreadful miss for Coventry

Coventry's Conor Chaplin squandered a superb chance as he headed wide from six yards in their defeat to Blackpool.

Chaplin seemingly could not miss after the ball was put on a plate for him in the box, but somehow he managed to waste the opportunity at the Ricoh Arena.

One a week from the golden boy

chiefdave

Ever manager we've had over the last few years has commented about how hard it is to recruit forwards who can score at this level yet the fans still believe there's a massive pool of forwards out there and we can just go out and get whoever we like.

Robins is not going to come out in public and says we were desperate to sign a forward but nothing came through is he? What would that do to the confidence of the players who are here.

Brighton Sky Blue

Chaplin is now starting to score goals regularly.

I think the goals will come with more quality there to create the goals.

We've been creating chances all season, and putting the vast majority straight at the keeper or wide. Gilt edged stuff from 6 yards, 1 on 1s, free headers, you name it he's flapped it

Brighton Sky Blue

Ever manager we've had over the last few years has commented about how hard it is to recruit forwards who can score at this level yet the fans still believe there's a massive pool of forwards out there and we can just go out and get whoever we like.

Robins is not going to come out in public and says we were desperate to sign a forward but nothing came through is he? What would that do to the confidence of the players who are here.

Give them a kick up the arse and score just 1 of the many sitters presented.

Brighton Sky Blue

Got 1 scoring for fun in Scotland, was available at less than Hiwulla, Bakafuckwit or Craplin

OK I'll stop.

stevefloyd

He sent Ponticelli out on loan but he got injured, that was for someone else to develop him for us, its a shame as it would have shown if he was ready or not for playing for us and being our saviour at least then the clamour for him to play would have some sort of defence

Liquid Gold

We're both being sarcastic yet just 1 of us has a point

WATCH: Conor Chaplin's dreadful miss for Coventry

Coventry's Conor Chaplin squandered a superb chance as he headed wide from six yards in their defeat to Blackpool.

Chaplin seemingly could not miss after the ball was put on a plate for him in the box, but somehow he managed to waste the opportunity at the Ricoh Arena.

One a week from the golden boy
The week before they were posting his amazing free kick. How about supporting the players instead of constantly slagging them off. 7 goals, 21 years old, first season as a starter, loads of time to improve and getting into the positions to miss the chances instead of being anonymous.

Otis

The week before they were posting his amazing free kick. How about supporting the players instead of constantly slagging them off. 7 goals, 21 years old, first season as a starter, loads of time to improve and getting into the positions to miss the chances instead of being anonymous.
Couldn't agree more and if you look back at the Plymouth thread it's quite telling the amount of people who either just said it was a 'good' goal or merely mentioned that he scored.

That was a brilliant free-kick. Terrible miss last week, but brilliant goal the week before. Let's at least be consistent.

Liquid Gold

Also calling Chaplin Charlie makes you look like a waste of oxygen. I hope it makes people look like bellends the way McWankty did.

Nick

Administrator
Also calling Chaplin Charlie makes you look like a waste of oxygen. I hope it makes people look like bellends the way McWankty did.

I called him much worse last week when he missed that chance*

*In my head.

I'm not sure calling him Charlie is much of an insult, may as well call him ChaplOUT as he keeps missing.

giphy.gif

Otis

Hopefully a whole ginormous humble pie to go round rather just a slice or two.

Londonccfc even said we should just forsake the supposed £500k we spent on him and now give him away for nothing.

shmmeee

“This confidence player seems low on confidence. Better boo him and constantly go on about how he’s shit and remind him of all the misses he’s had”

It’s crazy.

stevefloyd

I initially had a go at him for THAT miss but after coming to my senses I have posted a few times now he is a young lad and his confidence must be very low atm, lets hope the new players feed the Chap and he will score

Brighton Sky Blue

You think people want him to fail? How can he simultaneously be so devoid of confidence that he misses routinely from point blank, but is able to put long range free kicks into the corner? If he's having trouble with sitters pull him out of the firing line and let someone else have a go while he does more work on the training ground. You don't tell a kid getting the same thing wrong every week just to keep doing it in the hope they somehow click with the answer.

This is what happens when you front load a team with youngsters.

Brighton Sky Blue

“This confidence player seems low on confidence. Better boo him and constantly go on about how he’s shit and remind him of all the misses he’s had”

It’s crazy.

Yet he can put it in the corner from 30 yards. Does the low confidence come in fits and spurts?

Otis

Yet he can put it in the corner from 30 yards. Does the low confidence come in fits and spurts?

Doesn't that show that he has some technical ability about him and as it's a dead ball there isn't the immediate, instant pressure of a snap chance in the area.

Free-kick = time to think and get your balance and stance right and to assess where you are going to put it.

Never remember you being so cynical before, Brighton.

Users who are viewing this thread