Charlie Wakefield (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

The week before they were posting his amazing free kick. How about supporting the players instead of constantly slagging them off. 7 goals, 21 years old, first season as a starter, loads of time to improve and getting into the positions to miss the chances instead of being anonymous.

im convinced he'll come good but we may have to wait until next season to see it happen.

Reactions: vow

clint van damme

Snap. Yes, he could/should have scored more but you can tell he’s got a bit of quality about him (whatever some of our fans think)

he's come away from his home environment and a club he's been at for a long time. Had a (for this league), fair sized transfer fee, he's only young and he's been expected to replace a guy who bagged over 25 goals. Yes, he's missed sitters but e hasn't hid and he's still out top scorer.
Let's give him time and support, I think he'll turn it around.

Otis

he's come away from his home environment and a club he's been at for a long time. Had a (for this league), fair sized transfer fee, he's only young and he's been expected to replace a guy who bagged over 25 goals. Yes, he's missed sitters but e hasn't hid and he's still out top scorer.
Let's give him time and support, I think he'll turn it around.
Or alternatively, we give up on the 500k we paid and give him away for nothing, as per Londonccfc's suggestion.

cc84cov

I think Baka will come good before Chaplin he has the attrubutes...well when I say attributes I mean height & pace lol

Londonccfcfan

im convinced he'll come good but we may have to wait until next season to see it happen.

Jeez
Dobt judge him after 90 mins.
Judge him after a few games.
Judge him after a few months.
Judge him after a season.
Judge him next season.
Judge him after his 3.5 year contract.

He's lucky he's taken the penaltys he hasn't won. Otherwise his goalscoring record would be surely the worst for any striker in the league bar no one in terms of goals per minute.

Londonccfcfan

Yeah. Must remember penalties don't count.

Need to adjust Harry Kane's goal tally, also that of Jesus, Salah and Pogba.

Please don't compare him to strikers or finishers who score 20/30 plus goals a season.
Their penalty to goalscoring ratios are not 50%. And penalty miss ratios 33%.

You seem to rate him very highly.

Can you tell me his strengths? Name one?

Londonccfcfan

Exactly. He hasn't been playing well, but has been scoring.

Wait til he starts playing well.

Very patiently waiting. Really badly would love him to succeed. But unfortunately if I compare to other strikers we have had in last 3 years who were 5 foot 5 or same build or type. Ie Armstrong or McNulty. Just can't see what he potentially brings next year.

Grendel

I think Baka will come good before Chaplin he has the attrubutes...well when I say attributes I mean height & pace lol

He has no attributes at all - it’s a joke signing

Otis

Please don't compare him to strikers or finishers who score 20/30 plus goals a season.

He needs to be given time. He is 21 and hasn't even had a full season yet.

He can use both feet, gets in good positions and is quite a clever little player.

Apparently he bangs them in left right and centre in training and is the best striker of the ball out of all the forwards.

I know it was slightly over the top, but Dele Adebola described him as a great little player.

Otis

He has no attributes at all - it’s a joke signing

It's a worrying signing for me.

I just can't see his qualities.Happy to give him time and I defended him at the start of the season because I felt he hadn't been given much of a chance, but he doesn't seem that quick, doesn't seem to have that good a touch and also seemingly lacks a goalscorers instinct.

Londonccfcfan

On a serious note. Brings fans no joy slagging off all our strikers. Be it Hiwula, Baka, Chaplin etc.

All I know is that i back these guys on the pitch and support them on the pitch.
Clutch at straws every week ..saying this and that should give him confidence but no avail come match day.

Btw I'm one of hundreds who has clapped players team off pitch every game.

Otis

I wasn't comparing him. I was just stating you can't say penalties don't count.

Londonccfcfan

He needs to be given time. He is 21 and hasn't even had a full season yet.

He can use both feet, gets in good positions and is quite a clever little player.

Apparently he bangs them in left right and centre in training and is the best striker of the ball out of all the forwards.

I know it was slightly over the top, but Dele Adebola described him as a great little player.

Otis. Chaplin doesn't have a right foot.
McNulty scored goals left and right foot inside and outside box. Scored every type of goal imaginable. He was a clever tricky little player.

What might be lacking in Chaplin is mental strength. McNulty had it in abundance answered his critics quickly.

cc84cov

McNulty scored goals left and right foot inside and outside box. Scored every type of goal imaginable. He was a clever tricky little player.

What might be lacking in Chaplin is mental strength. McNulty had it in abundance answered his critics quickly.
Yes everything is off the left foot so predictable for defenders add being so small and slow he’s easy work to defend againt.

Otis

Disagree.

You watch Chaplin in the warm up. He fires them in with both feet.

Grendel

Ok question for you mate

Baka or biamou ? Lol

It’s like scraping the barrel or looking underneath it. Biamou was an odd signing due to his age but I’d guess wage wise was very cheap. Bakayoko has had plenty of experience and it’s no suprise what we are witnessing

Users who are viewing this thread