Chaplin Move Completed (1 Viewer)

fatso

Tbf, I think we all agree we are lacking in talent up top. I like hiwula as a No9 but not wide Baka is not great JCH is okay but never will be prolific. Would swap any out for max imo
Tbh, I’d replace them all.
Put it this way, if they weren’t at the club now, and you had money available, would you go out and buy any of them. I know I wouldn’t.

smileycov

Facebook User
No he scored 15 against 13 - actually I think it’s 14 each
So In your own admission, he scored 14 (or 15) with Max alongside, and 14 (or 13) with loads of others??? So you have admitted he scored more with max than any other individual player. As first said. Cheers

Grendel

So In your own admission, he scored 14 (or 15) with Max alongside, and 14 (or 13) with loads of others??? So you have admitted he scored more with max than any other individual player. As first said. Cheers

It just proves he scored whoever he played with - it made no difference and shows your statement he improved with Biamou alongside him was a false claim

smileycov

Facebook User
It just proves he scored whoever he played with - it made no difference and shows your statement he improved with Biamou alongside him was a false claim
I don’t have the skilled training to deal with special needs people, so I will gracefully bow out.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I don’t have the skilled training to deal with special needs people, so I will gracefully bow out.

Ouch !

giphy.gif

Hobo

Tbh, I’d replace them all.
Put it this way, if they weren’t at the club now, and you had money available, would you go out and buy any of them. I know I wouldn’t.

Would you be happy with a front two who had scored 11 and 8 goals at this stage of the season?

higgs

One thing that can't be disputed about max is he always gave 100% he ran and chased all day long for us

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Hobo

If those totals were from a similar number of chances that our strikers had then yes.

At this levels strikers take about 1 in three chances. Leon Clarke was a good example of that. But our strikers between them have bagged 19 goals so not a disastrous return at this stage of the season. We are still in a reasonable position considering we were promoted via the play offs. Also remember how poor we were wen relegated from this league. Things are going in the right direction.

skyblueads83

At this levels strikers take about 1 in three chances. Leon Clarke was a good example of that. But our strikers between them have bagged 19 goals so not a disastrous return at this stage of the season. We are still in a reasonable position considering we were promoted via the play offs. Also remember how poor we were wen relegated from this league. Things are going in the right direction.
Finally, a voice of reason.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Grendel

No it’s just you seem to lack the mental capabilities to comprehend the argument. Or (more likely) you realise you were talking bollocks and have bidded a hasty retreat

I suggest you join the reading forum and tell them that the reason mcnulty isn’t scoring is nothing to do with the fact that he is above his natural level but that he needs Max Biamou as his striking partner. See what response you get.

smileycov

Facebook User
Just to help you out petal....it”s mainly because he isn’t on the pitch. But you crack on with spinning your reason as fact x

Londonccfcfan

On the way out the stadium a fellow fan said to me the team has to play to chaplins strengths and compared him to Adam Armstrong ...my jaw hit the fucking the ground. Thinking are u fucking mental doing a disservice to AA. Chaplin has ZERO pace. Has first touch worse than Baka. Wtf! ??????? Please don't compare chalk and cheese. Lmfao

capel & collindridge

No it’s just you seem to lack the mental capabilities to comprehend the argument. Or (more likely) you realise you were talking bollocks and have bidded a hasty retreat

I suggest you join the reading forum and tell them that the reason mcnulty isn’t scoring is nothing to do with the fact that he is above his natural level but that he needs Max Biamou as his striking partner. See what response you get.

I thought this was the reading forum. I do it all the time. Are you suggesting we are all illiterate as well as lacking in mental capabilities?

Londonccfcfan

Is this really the guy the guy we wanna be signing for next 3.5 yrs???

Please someone point out his strengths that's gonna make us fight for autos next year.

ccfcway

Is this really the guy the guy we wanna be signing for next 3.5 yrs???

Please someone point out his strengths that's gonna make us fight for autos next year.

he's a 21 year old striker that our manager (who was also a striker) see's something in. that's good enough for me,

At 21, Jamie Vardy was playing for Stocksbridge Park. Investing money in a 21 year old is back to the original SISU stance of investing in youth (Dann and Fox etc).

Some we will get right, some we won't. It has to be better than the journeymen dross that we have signed in the past ?

oucho

Wasn't impressed with him today despite the poacher's goal. As has been said he is crying out to be played as a number 9, not being made to go deep or out wide to look for the ball. Neither he nor Hiwula could hold the ball up which meant they were able to regain possession and keep coming back at us. It is clear to me we are not playing to his strengths.

Londonccfcfan

Wasn't impressed with him today despite the poacher's goal. As has been said he is crying out to be played as a number 9, not being made to go deep or out wide to look for the ball. Neither he nor Hiwula could hold the ball up which meant they were able to regain possession and keep coming back at us. It is clear to me we are not playing to his strengths.

Football is a very simple game. Well spotted Sherlock. If you can't do the basics may the Lord help you.

cc84cov

Robins should just give Chaplin homework of watching Kevin Phillips play.

oucho

Robins should just give Chaplin homework of watching Kevin Phillips play.
Maybe we should just sign Kevin Phillips instead. Who cares he's in his 40s, he was lethal in his late 30s so probably could do a job for us even now.

Anyone else remember he was rumoured to be joining us abiut 5 years ago?

oucho

In all the events and excitement of the last 12 months, I just realised I had totally forgotten of the existence of Duckens Nazon, until reminded of him in this thread.

cc84cov

Maybe we should just sign Kevin Phillips instead. Who cares he's in his 40s, he was lethal in his late 30s so probably could do a job for us even now.

Anyone else remember he was rumoured to be joining us abiut 5 years ago?
Niall Quinn was his best partner what’s he doing now ? I would take him over JCH

Nonleagueherewecome

2 goals in 2 games. Ah but one was a pen and the other a tap in, so it doesn't count...

oucho

Biamou got better and better towards the end of the season, he was immense away at Notts County. I reckon that is in the top 3 matches in my lifetime

Best away game I have ever been to. Second best game ever the Ricoh return game against Gillingham in 2014.

oucho

Really thought there was a book section of this site then.

No but we do have a thread about women who grow their own armpit hair, so let's not pretend that there isn't a highbrow element on here.

Users who are viewing this thread