Chaplin Move Completed (2 Viewers)

W

westcountry_skyblue

I like the guy always busy and will score goals with the right partner

Brighton Sky Blue

What a stupid stick to beat him with. He was clearly being light humored. If you genuinely think he doesn't go over the chances he has missed, then I doubt your understanding of football.

Based on what he has missed up to this point I don't think it's stupid at all. He's said before that he rages at missing sitters but nothing about why he thinks it happens.

NortonSkyBlue

He's still a kid. Give him a chance for goodness sake. Things are slowly improving at City. It's not going to happen overnight.
How can you say things are slowly improving. On December 26th before the Charlton game we had no chance, we were shit, they were on a great run and Bayliss is rubbish, Chaplin shit.As for Shipley, Doyle and Burge?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Why do you need your goal threat playing more in midfield than closer to a strike partner/goal? The good strikers target the moves they make, are sharp and quick over less distance in a match, they are not running all over the place

Agree,

It can't be Chaplin's choice to play in midfield /left wing , that's down to Mark Robins.

Hopefully in the second half of the season Robins will tell Chaplin to play in and around the penalty box.

BigadamL

He's been fooling us all, not scored to many in case pompy call him back, however now he can score at will....

I honestly think he will be a good player for us and for robins to apparently splash out 500000 he must think it to

Sky Blue Pete

You know what this is needs a question about how the club can plan for 3 and a half years when they have no plan for where to play next season

skyblue025

Not many transfers are ever the amount quoted. The quoted figure normally includes all the additional payments like appearances, goals, promotion etc. Shame we never actually find out what we pay\get from transfers.

The Reverend Skyblue

I think that now he is our player every supporter has a duty to give him all the support they can.
I feel he will come good but obviously needs time and every striker must go through times where they lack a bit of confidence in front of goal.
The alternative is to boo him every time he touches the ball and how that helps him or the team god only knows.
Get behind the lad and give him time.

skyblueads83

I wish him the best of luck. I am certain he will come good if we give him some support.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

skyblueads83

I think that now he is our player every supporter has a duty to give him all the support they can.
I feel he will come good but obviously needs time and every striker must go through times where they lack a bit of confidence in front of goal.
The alternative is to boo him every time he touches the ball and how that helps him or the team god only knows.
Get behind the lad and give him time.
I couldn't agree more. Support the lad and see how he grows.

Gint11

Are we surprised when players leave when they get written off after 20 odd appearances?

I mean, if he was star quality ready he wouldn’t sign for us would he, he’d be higher up the chain. He’s a younger who will develop. I’m backing him.

AVWskyblue

Hopefully he will start to get some confidence in front of goal but so far i havent anything from him that convinces me he will be a prolific striker for the way we play.

Running around is all well and good but it has to have an end product, a purpose. The team is full of youngsters who should be able to run around a lot. Chaplin was brought in to score goals, he hasnt yet got close to the excitement suggested when he signed. Perhaps those repeated runs actually dull his pace and usefulness rather than enhance it. Why do you need your goal threat playing more in midfield than closer to a strike partner/goal? The good strikers target the moves they make, are sharp and quick over less distance in a match, they are not running all over the place

I do think that too much reliance is focused on him though and the rest of the team need to step up both in creating chances and scoring them.

Hopefully Chaplin will come good, but we shouldnt rely on it
Chaplin will come good, expect 8 more goals this year ,then he will improve next year

Sent from my Alba7Nou using Tapatalk

harvey098

Reminds me a bit of Cody McDonald. I really want him to do well, you can see he’s 100% effort but I just don’t think he’s very effective

higgs

When was the last time we spent 500k on a player? Why didn't joy pocket the cash?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skyblueads83

When was the last time we spent 500k on a player? Why didn't joy pocket the cash?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Agreed. Makes we wonder whether we are about to see the departure of Willis, Burgh or Bayliss.

letsallsingtogether

Now he's our player I like him more, watch the lad go now:)

smileycov

Facebook User
Reminds me a bit of Cody McDonald. I really want him to do well, you can see he’s 100% effort but I just don’t think he’s very effective
The same Cody McDonald that scored shed loads at gillingham but never for us? System maybe? ( I think Chaplin is a far far better player btw)

smileycov

Facebook User
McNulty improved playing with Max, I appreciate MM is a better player but I think Chaplin will come good but needs a strike partner

Sick Boy

He’s young and had not played consistently before coming to us. I’d trust Robins on this one.

skyblueads83

He’s young and had not played consistently before coming to us. I’d trust Robins on this one.
I tend to trust in what Robins says and does. His track record speaks for itself. CC will be an excellent player in the second half of this season.

Grendel

McNulty improved playing with Max, I appreciate MM is a better player but I think Chaplin will come good but needs a strike partner

Mcnulty didn’t improve it’s a fallacy

Grendel

Of course he did. The second half of the season was considerably stronger than the first.

Mcnulty scored an identical number of goals with Biamou in team as he did without

It was the introduction of bayliss that can be linked to his upturn in form

Users who are viewing this thread