Chaplin Move Completed (1 Viewer)

skyblueads83

Mcnulty scored an identical number of goals with Biamou in team as he did without

It was the introduction of bayliss that can be linked to his upturn in form
That's my point. He improved. The reason why he improved was not in question. You said that he didn't improve. This is wrong.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Grendel

That's my point. He improved. The reason why he improved was not in question. You said that he didn't improve. This is wrong.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

He didn’t improve because of one strike partner over another

Grendel

smileycov

Facebook User
Mcnulty didn’t improve it’s a fallacy
I know the fact I said Max, and that sticks in your throat!! But mcnulty linking up with max over the second half of the season was a deciding factor on the performance in him. It massively assisted him and I feel Chaplin could go the same way if he had a strike partner linking with him. Our forward play was amazing at times

letsallsingtogether

Mcnulty scored an identical number of goals with Biamou in team as he did without

It was the introduction of bayliss that can be linked to his upturn in form
So therefore he did play better with Biamou.
If he scored 50% of his goals with Biamou in the team and 50% with all other combinations up front then obviously that was the best partnership.

Sick Boy

Biamou got better and better towards the end of the season, he was immense away at Notts County. I reckon that is in the top 3 matches in my lifetime

Grendel

I know the fact I said Max, and that sticks in your throat!! But mcnulty linking up with max over the second half of the season was a deciding factor on the performance in him. It massively assisted him and I feel Chaplin could go the same way if he had a strike partner linking with him. Our forward play was amazing at times

Yet he scored as many with other strike partners

Great_Expectations

Chaplin has been disappointing this season, but as has been said numerous times on this forum, I believe it’s due to his positioning. The key question is whether that’s under instruction or his lack of positional awareness.

Biamou jokes aside, the strike partner is also key. Playing with JCH is a pretty thankless task, as unless he’s an impact sub, he adds little and also has poor positional sense or footballing intelligence. Hopefully the Hiwula combination will work, and the two of them can use their movement to trouble defences. Hiwula is the best striker at the club at the minute.

The price tag is high and, unfairly or not, that doesn’t help when judging his contribution so far. His first touch has been poor, and when he does control it, the ball then seems to get caught under his feet, and he’s a lot slower than I imagined. However, at times his movement has looked good and he is obviously keen to do well, so hopefully the ability MR saw in him will come through.

He’s not someone I would have wanted to sign based on his first six months, but from a longer term perspective I believe he’ll prove his worth.

hill83

Because I'm bored.

McNulty league goals last season with strike partner on the pitch, including the playoff games.

HQCkr8p.png

This also takes into account times of substitutions. May be slightly out as I rushed it.

Grendel

Because I'm bored.

McNulty league goals last season with strike partner on the pitch, including the playoff games.

HQCkr8p.png

This also takes into account times of substitutions. May be slightly out as I rushed it.

Incorrect I’m afraid

Edit; I didn’t read the 4 thing - it looks about right then

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Chaplin is a young kid having his first full season playing, he also has a big price tag over him, he I assume feels he has to justify as has lots of players before him.
Hopefully Robins can bring in the right type of player for him to play off in this transfer window

smileycov

Facebook User
f
Incorrect I’m afraid
then show proof of one single strike partner that he scored more goals (or level) with, away from max? You can’t yet you will continue being negative without proving anything - mcnulty scored more while playing alongside Max, therefore my point about Chaplin is valid.

Grendel

f b ting yourself to admi youproo
You just can’tr bigs can you? Y

then show proof of one single strike partner that he scored more goals (or level) with, away from max? You can’t yet you will continue being negative without proving anything - mcnulty scored more while playing alongside Max, therefore my point about Chaplin is valid.

Er he didn’t that proved it - it was about even and I think was even actually - 1 more for Harris and one less Biamou - I think

hill83

Incorrect I’m afraid

Edit; I didn’t read the 4 thing - it looks about right then

Think I was 1 out. Either way it killed a few minutes.

So I've redone it and it's 15 goals with Biamou on the pitch and 10 goals for everyone else.

Last edited:

fatso

This is complete rubbish, The reason MM started scoring was due to the tactical change that was forced upon us when Jodie Jones got injured!
Baylis came into the team and we were forced to start playing the ball into feet, instead of relying on aimless crosses into the ineffective Biamou.
The reason Chaplin isn’t scoring is because MR has brought Thomas into the team and reverted back to crosses into the box (to the ineffective JCH).
It’s no suppress that we look more potent with Chaplin and Hiwula up front and balls into their feet.

Covstu

Chaplin is a young kid having his first full season playing, he also has a big price tag over him, he I assume feels he has to justify as has lots of players before him.
Hopefully Robins can bring in the right type of player for him to play off in this transfer window
Yep big weight on his shoulders and shoes to fill nevermind the step up in league status. I think we have the strike partners there if fit it’s more the delivery coming from out wide and the midfield which has been limited

Ricketts

I have it on good authority that Chaplin has been missing his chances so that Portsmouth wouldn't end the loan spell or would refuse to sell him.

Now that he is our player he will bang them in left right and centre.

Starting with a hat-trick today. Facetwatbook will be in meltdown, and Grendel will be admitting he was wrong yet again.

Remember who told you first.

duffer

He's certainly not going to score many if he's being pulled back into midfield or over to the wing.

To me he looks like the kind of striker who needs to be on the last defender's shoulder and getting on the end of fast low crosses and cutbacks in the box.

Lobbing it up to him on the far stick isn't going to work and there aren't many strikers at any level who are going to score if there are four defenders between them and the goal every time they get the ball.

The lad needs a bit of confidence and a system that lets him play higher up and through the middle a bit more, perhaps. If he gets the latter then maybe we can make a more reasoned judgement on whether he's any good as a striker.

In the meantime if he's good enough for Robins then he's good enough for me.

ccfcchris

How can you say things are slowly improving. On December 26th before the Charlton game we had no chance, we were shit, they were on a great run and Bayliss is rubbish, Chaplin shit.As for Shipley, Doyle and Burge?
We got promoted last season. Not progress enough for you?

smileycov

Facebook User
This is complete rubbish, The reason MM started scoring was due to the tactical change that was forced upon us when Jodie Jones got injured!
Baylis came into the team and we were forced to start playing the ball into feet, instead of relying on aimless crosses into the ineffective Biamou.
The reason Chaplin isn’t scoring is because MR has brought Thomas into the team and reverted back to crosses into the box (to the ineffective JCH).
It’s no suppress that we look more potent with Chaplin and Hiwula up front and balls into their feet.
Max is one of our better strikers in the air for winning high balls and flick ins, disagree totally mate

Grendel

Max is one of our better strikers in the air for winning high balls and flick ins, disagree totally mate

Again subjective with zero statistical evidence

smileycov

Facebook User
Again subjective with zero statistical evidence
He scored 15 alongside max 10 alongside multiple others!!! You still can’t agree to the facts. But you go on about statistical evidence lol

NortonSkyBlue

We got promoted last season. Not progress enough for you?
The point I was trying to make is that less than two weeks ago nobody was saying anything about progress and most were super critical of the aforementioned players.
For my part I see that we are probably not going to go up but we are light years away from this time two years ago and the Slade regime.

covhead1

Chaplin has been disappointing so far but now he has signed it will be interesting to see if he shows his potential as much as many here are predicting.
Just hope he's not another Freddy Eastwood.

fatso

If max is one of our better strikers it dosnt say much for the others mate.
I can’t knock his work rate or effort etc, but he dosnt score enough goals, or create enough for others imho.

stevefloyd

Love Max or hate him his 7 goals in the league and 5 assists helped last season and if we had that this year from whoever would be fantastic

smileycov

Facebook User
If max is one of our better strikers it dosnt say much for the others mate.
I can’t knock his work rate or effort etc, but he dosnt score enough goals, or create enough for others imho.
Tbf, I think we all agree we are lacking in talent up top. I like hiwula as a No9 but not wide Baka is not great JCH is okay but never will be prolific. Would swap any out for max imo

Grendel

He scored 15 alongside max 10 alongside multiple others!!! You still can’t agree to the facts. But you go on about statistical evidence lol

No he scored 15 against 13 - actually I think it’s 14 each

Users who are viewing this thread