Championship 21/22 (6 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

Be lovely to win tomorrow , not just to go potentially joint top .. but to really get people wanting to go Saturday.

Buzzing really, finish work , home , shower ..down to Luton

Got to be in working half of Saturday so can’t go. Got told ‘I don’t think that’s an essential reason’ so just cupped my hands and went ‘boooooooo’

Sky Blue Harry H

My West Brom supporting brother in law just told me they’d done their bit, pressures on us now to keep up.

not once in pre-season did I expect that conversation during this season
My father in law has dementia, but follows the Baggies and always asks me how they're getting on. Told him they were second and we were third. He asked me who was top and when I told him Bournemouth he looked at me as if the earth had stopped turning. He is still stuck in bygone eras of Cyrille Regis, Bomber Brown, Jeff Astle and the like. God knows who he thinks plays for us!

shepardo01

My West Brom supporting brother in law just told me they’d done their bit, pressures on us now to keep up.

not once in pre-season did I expect that conversation during this season
Similar in my household. Mrs/in laws all Albion fans.
Mocked me on Friday, asking if we enjoyed our 15 mins being top,
I replied that having been given 95million for being relegated they should be embarrassed that they have not been top for the whole time!!!

rob9872

My father in law has dementia, but follows the Baggies and always asks me how they're getting on. Told him they were second and we were third. He asked me who was top and when I told him Bournemouth he looked at me as if the earth had stopped turning. He is still stuck in bygone eras of Cyrille Regis, Bomber Brown, Jeff Astle and the like. God knows who he thinks plays for us!
Disappointed in your honesty H. Could've at the very minimum reversed our 2&3 placings.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Not to mention the parachute payments that they were still getting from their last relegation
I live over here too. From what I gather there’s big rumours that the owner has had all the money. That being said the squad is still light years in terms of value ahead of us.

I keep saying “we were in league two 4 years ago… this whole thing says more about them than it does us”

fernandopartridge

I live over here too. From what I gather there’s big rumours that the owner has had all the money. That being said the squad is still light years in terms of value ahead of us.

I keep saying “we were in league two 4 years ago… this whole thing says more about them than it does us”
Aye, tbf to them they're quite a likable club really and don't have the delusions of grandeur that Wolves and Blues have in my experience despite being certainly more successful than the latter

Sky Blue Pete

Be lovely to win tomorrow , not just to go potentially joint top .. but to really get people wanting to go Saturday.

Buzzing really, finish work , home , shower ..down to Luton
They’ve only won 2 games I realised tonight. Crazy times. As mark says lowest we can be after 10 games is 4th

Sky Blue Harry H

Do you think he was going to go straight for Ben Diaz, but was worried about homophobic chants?

Evo1883

West brom with a huge let off , calamity own goal but foul in the build up which most certainly was extraordinarily soft

ccfc92

Weird, ref played an advantage then and when the Stoke player shot on goal, didn't pull it back for the foul... 🤔

Evo1883

Explained that terribly so deleted

You get an advantage and take a shot , that's seen as your advantage over ..

Can't call back the foul anymore

Frostie

Except if you play for Luton

One of my biggest issues with refereeing this season is how badly they've been implementing the advantage rule.

We've had numerous occasions where the ref has tried to play advantage (which is great) but then when no advantage has accrued he's not pulled it back for the free-kick.
There was a great example in the Peterborough game where there was a cynical foul (probably on O'Hare, can't remember) level with the left side of the penalty area, ref signalled advantage as ball broke for Maatsen but he was surrounded & could only go backwards to Hyam in our own half. No card was shown. How is that "advantage"?

Then there's the obvious inconsistency with Luton's 2nd goal on Tuesday, not only do they manage to play forward after Hamer's foul but they actually get a good chance & shot at goal. After they fail to score they then get the free-kick as well + yellow card for Hamer 🤷🏼‍♂️

Frostie

West brom with a huge let off , calamity own goal but foul in the build up which most certainly was extraordinarily soft

I've only just seen this replay from another angle, actually a really good decision, clear foul.

Users who are viewing this thread