AFCCOVENTRY
Highfield Road Hero
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2011
- Messages
- 21,752
- Reaction score
- 22,695
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
in for one of the 3 and playing as a 10.Where does Rudi fit into the team if our 3 is Grimes, FTT and CY,
I dunno, i doubt we start the same midfield every game. I do know Lampard rates Rudoni very highly, that is clear.Where does Rudi fit into the team if our 3 is Grimes, FTT and CY,
think he could do a job deeper as an 8I dunno, i doubt we start the same midfield every game. I do know Lampard rates Rudoni very highly, that is clear.
Guess results will tell. Fans like a new signing especially a striker. No doubt we’d all enjoy the buzz initiallyfor 30m? only if you are an idiot
he's an attacking midfielder/10 rather than a striker to be fairGuess results will tell. Fans like a new signing especially a striker. No doubt we’d all enjoy the buzz initially
Gary O'Neill's old team? Look to have overpaid on both.That’s €50m Ipswich have spent today on 2 players from Strasbourg
Ipswich spending now past £150m
Very original from The Athletic…
I'm basing Enciso on his whole career, you've massively overpaid but if you are happy then so be it.With limited knowledge of Encisco £26M may sound like a lot of money however as an Ipswich supporter I should point out that in my 35 years of supporting us home & away Enciso is without question the most talented player we’ve EVER had play for us in that time! We only had him for three months on loan , half of that time he was injured but during the other 6-8 weeks I saw enough to be able to see that he has the potential to become truly world class ! He has incredible balance , excellent close control , can score from anywhere , has pace and is more than happy to get stuck in and do the dirty side of the game ! He has a great relationship with our new manager already and had a strong World Cup scoring and assisting for an average side ! So on the face of it you may think we have overpaid but I am confident we haven’t and I think by the end of next season his value will be increased further !
In terms of the Cov v Ipswich signings I’m sure both of us have made some good ones and some others won’t be as good , I am extremely happy with Lukic & Diop who both have hundreds of top flight experience, Luis has PL experience , Maeda looks like a good team player , Enciso as above , Fatawu all look exciting signings, Emerson is very much the unknown for me , his looked pretty good pre season against some good sides but we will have to wait to see on him ! I think we will end up getting another expensive striker in before the end of window as well
You guys seem to have made a few good signings as well and others I’m less sure off but the only way we will known is once the season gets underway , from recent experience we were relegated very easily because we signed championship quality players with little to no PL experience, this time around we have clearly learnt and the players we have brought in are more experienced at PL or top flight level around Europe so on paper we should have a better chance this time but the league is relentless as you will also find out and as a newly promoted side you have to perform at 100% for every second of every game and even if your at 99% it won’t get your results most weeks !
Personally would be great if all 3 Promoted aides stayed up however I think Hull’s business seems to be far weaker than the other two sides so I think the two of us will probably be competing for 17th place !
Yes I like the Encisco signingI think Enciso is a good signing personally. Ouattara I'm not so sure about.
nah, absolutely not at 30mI think Enciso is a good signing personally. Ouattara I'm not so sure about.
No, I think its a good signing? As does Mark it seems. Not everyone will see things from your point of view Davidfor 30m?
Trolling again are we
If you say so, most won't believe you though.No, I think its a good signing? As does Mark it seems. Not everyone will see things from your point of view David
I don't think it's a massive overpay personally. Neither is it a bargain. They've probably paid a touch over market value. Really liked the look of him at the World Cup.nah, absolutely not at 30m
Im sure quite a few people doIf you say so, most won't believe you though.
At Home especially id expect to see Rudoni/Hamer to start in place of either Onyenka or Grimesin for one of the 3 and playing as a 10.
Probably play Rudoni infront of FTT and CY
Another football fan with a shit take. This just proves the point, fans are useless at judging players. Particularly when they sign for other clubs.so when you say his whole career your talking about a player that’s only 22 years old , what can you really take from that which makes you so sure he won’t improve ? His already improved a lot since we had him on loan 18 months ago !
You guys have paid £20-£25m for a goalkeeper who had almost identical stats last season to Christian Walton who is now our third choice goalkeeper and who we paid a couple of million for , it may be that you have well overpaid for him have you considered that?
Yes I agree, you really need a CF. Like us you must have a few players you can now offload for a few million each to allow a bit more wiggle room.We have spent £150m , we badly need a quality striker and one more defender , we may also get a midfielder but less essential IMO , we will be at £180-£200m once all said and done
I think most would recognise Rushworth as the best keeper in the Championship last season, and one quite likely to step up at a higher level. For a team that’s going to be under pressure a lot it makes decent sense to spend big on an excellent shot stopper.so when you say his whole career your talking about a player that’s only 22 years old , what can you really take from that which makes you so sure he won’t improve ? His already improved a lot since we had him on loan 18 months ago !
You guys have paid £20-£25m for a goalkeeper who had almost identical stats last season to Christian Walton who is now our third choice goalkeeper and who we paid a couple of million for , it may be that you have well overpaid for him have you considered that?
We dominated Monaco. We ain't going down wooohI think most would recognise Rushworth as the best keeper in the Championship last season, and one quite likely to step up at a higher level. For a team that’s going to be under pressure a lot it makes decent sense to spend big on an excellent shot stopper.
I maintain at the moment that CCFC and Ipswich are still bald men fighting over a comb in this debate. I don’t expect either to stay up as they stand.
Comparing Patterson to Rushworth is certainly a take.I also recognise him as the best keeper in the division last season , he looked class and without him our 5-0 home and away wins against you would have been double figures , the save he made from Jack Taylor was unreal and I still don’t know how he kept it out !
That said £25m for any keeper untested at PL level is a huge commitment and as I mentioned I think Walton had as many clean sheets or very close to last season from memory ! I also really liked the look of Patterson last season who Millwall had on loan he looked very exciting and just went for £8m I believe , would I have paid 2.5 times more for Rushworth over him no I wouldn’t have but you guys did and as with Enciso and all of these signings time will tell !
Burnley paid a fair whack for James Trafford who hadn’t even played in the Championship. He ended up doing alright!I also recognise him as the best keeper in the division last season , he looked class and without him our 5-0 home and away wins against you would have been double figures , the save he made from Jack Taylor was unreal and I still don’t know how he kept it out !
That said £25m for any keeper untested at PL level is a huge commitment and as I mentioned I think Walton had as many clean sheets or very close to last season from memory ! I also really liked the look of Patterson last season who Millwall had on loan he looked very exciting and just went for £8m I believe , would I have paid 2.5 times more for Rushworth over him no I wouldn’t have but you guys did and as with Enciso and all of these signings time will tell !
Oh and don't come here trying to flex your wins, which seems to be a really odd thing your fanbase is doing atm. I know you had a little second place trophy parade but all said and done we absolutely walked to the title under almost zero pressure from a team put together with significantly higher resources. Hold it.I also recognise him as the best keeper in the division last season , he looked class and without him our 5-0 home and away wins against you would have been double figures , the save he made from Jack Taylor was unreal and I still don’t know how he kept it out !
That said £25m for any keeper untested at PL level is a huge commitment and as I mentioned I think Walton had as many clean sheets or very close to last season from memory ! I also really liked the look of Patterson last season who Millwall had on loan he looked very exciting and just went for £8m I believe , would I have paid 2.5 times more for Rushworth over him no I wouldn’t have but you guys did and as with Enciso and all of these signings time will tell !
Dasilva cannot be starting for us in the Prem. Ok for a game or 2 but anyone happy to stay with it is deranged, he'll get torn apart.Burnley paid a fair whack for James Trafford who hadn’t even played in the Championship. He ended up doing alright!
I’ve no real comment to make on Enciso or the other Ipswich signings except to say I don’t think they’ll be enough, likewise our own. I’m not exactly looking forward to seeing Dasilva start on Friday because we haven’t signed a left back, but besides that I think we’ve done good business.
Not a statement that can be made at this point.you've massively overpaid
I can only assume we’re planning something special at LB as there’s quite a few reasonably priced options we could’ve gone in for early on.Dasilva cannot be starting for us in the Prem. Ok for a game or 2 but anyone happy to stay with it is deranged, he'll get torn apart.
The Forest fans aren't too bad in all honesty. Ipswich fans were unbearable all throughout last season too so not much changed in that regard. At least there's no Southampton fans to worry about.What’s with all the cunty fans of other teams recently? Not a PL thing cos they’re Forest and Ipswich. Just people scared we’ll finish above them?
Patterson is shite, getting £8m + for him is daylight robberyI also recognise him as the best keeper in the division last season , he looked class and without him our 5-0 home and away wins against you would have been double figures , the save he made from Jack Taylor was unreal and I still don’t know how he kept it out !
That said £25m for any keeper untested at PL level is a huge commitment and as I mentioned I think Walton had as many clean sheets or very close to last season from memory ! I also really liked the look of Patterson last season who Millwall had on loan he looked very exciting and just went for £8m I believe , would I have paid 2.5 times more for Rushworth over him no I wouldn’t have but you guys did and as with Enciso and all of these signings time will tell !