Match Thread Cardiff (2 Viewers)

cc84cov

After last weekends panic postings, banging on about our 6 goals in 10 games and the likelihood of relegation you're going to tip us to beat Cardiff aren't you??
After seeing them play mid week yes I think if we use pace with the box we can hurt them

Still think we will end up going with Wycombe and Wednesday as I said would loved to be proved wrong 😑

fernandopartridge

After seeing them play mid week yes I think if we use pace with the box we can hurt them

Still think we will end up going with Wycombe and Wednesday as I said would loved to be proved wrong 😑

What pace is that? I think Baka is the fastest fit player in the squad

Brighton Sky Blue

Amazed you haven’t had CC4L arrive and accuse you of wanting us relegated and being happy at our defeats.

johnwillomagic

Well if we want to play the box and with pace Baka has to start over Biamou who is very slow and Gyo who is fairly slow -Baka has the drop over those two comfortably in the pace department......having said that I disagree and think we will need two up front on this game to trouble their defence at all - I see this one as a very tough game tbh and am expecting nothing from it sadly as they have the new manager bounce currenty too.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Any pace we have seems to get expended in front of opponents defence. We dont make enough runs at the defence, breaking their lines. But to be honest there isnt great pace in the players available at the moment and the squad is lacking that extra confidence that makes them believe they can win

Brighton Sky Blue

Any pace we have seems to get expended in front of opponents defence. We dont make enough runs at the defence, breaking their lines. But to be honest there isnt great pace in the players available at the moment and the squad is lacking that extra confidence that makes them believe they can win

Yep that's it

Cov kid 55

I agree that we don’t have a lot of pace in the side, but I felt that against both Forest and Watford, we played on the front foot, and I didn’t sense any lack of confidence?

cov donkey kick

We need a game changer that can work in the tacticul formation all teams now no we are strong in midfield, maybe throw bapaga in as a surprise it might just be the unexpected we need to get a win in a tough run of fixtures.

cc84cov

We need a game changer that can work in the tacticul formation all teams now no we are strong in midfield, maybe throw bapaga in as a surprise it might just be the unexpected we need to get a win in a tough run of fixtures.
Robins doesn’t seem to think he’s ready yet my worry is his work off the ball when games are in the balance

fernandopartridge

He's looked very raw. It isn't the time to throw him in, especially against a side like Cardiff. I think people have got a bit over excited about a couple of runs in a pre season game.

Agree with @cc84cov - you've also got to look at what he's doing when we don't have the ball. There is a lot of running and pressing.

shmmeee

The cry for Bapaga is just a cry for something a bit special from somewhere other than O’Hare. I know, I’ve made it often enough. But he’s unbelievably raw from what I’ve seen TBF.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I agree that we don’t have a lot of pace in the side, but I felt that against both Forest and Watford, we played on the front foot, and I didn’t sense any lack of confidence?

not alluding to a total lack of confidence, they played good football up to the penalty area and yes played confidently to a degree. It is the final 5% of confidence that was missing it seemed to me. The bit that leaves you no doubt that as a player you will score and that as a team they will win. It is the bit that comes with a good run, or a streak of luck. Allows them to be incisive, quick of thought, do things without thinking about it too much. This is still a young largely inexperienced and low cost team that try hard, play decent enough football without being threatening enough. Its more of an observation than criticism though

TomRad85

Don't tend to get nervous like i used to before games but I'm feeling it before this one. Feel like we need something having made things difficult for ourselves with the Forest debacle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Magwitch

With the Rotherham and Sheff. Wed. games off any result for us will do my goal for this very tough month is to just keep out of the bottom three by the end of the month, no easy games but there are easier and hopefully by March we will be almost upto full strength.

TomRad85

What's that? Our players? Pretty laughable if they can get done for breaching covid rules by spending time together (but are allowed to sit side by side in a changing room in the course of their profession)
OK so I followed up. 7 of them caught at a house party in Southam and reported to FA, no idea whether first teamers or under 23s or whatever. He assumed it would at least hit local news but seemingly not.
Hopefully all blown over.

Rugby Sky Blue

I think this is a huge game for us if we don't pick 3 points up I will be worried as you would have to say the likelihood is we will not pick up any in our following fixtures. Like others have said if we move the ball around at pace we could hurt them but they are a big physical side and our defence will need to be on it.

Magwitch

OK so I followed up. 7 of them caught at a house party in Southam and reported to FA, no idea whether first teamers or under 23s or whatever. He assumed it would at least hit local news but seemingly not.
Hopefully all blown over.

What could the FA do is it in their remit ? If fines have been dished out that will be the business of the local old bill surely.

cov donkey kick

Worried this game has come at wrong time with Mccarthy now in charge just now a really difficult game that we will get a result of any sort out of.
We need some thing not seen by them over looked ability wise from the squad, also a finisher in front of goal.
Going to be tense!

AOM

This is a different Cardiff side that we beat at StAndrews. Mccarthy has galvanised them, think they've just won 3 on the bounce and could go 7th with a win....
The tough games just keep coming ....

Thought they looked shocking when we played them before, but they did have a perfectly valid goal ruled out (for a foul I think?)

Would we take a draw here?

Sky Blue Harry H

Not expecting anything other than a 'hoof it up to Moore' from Cardiff, plus kick anything that moves from their defence. We can outplay them on the deck, just hoping that Osti doesn't overdo his salmon like leaps trying to jump over the top of Moore, as the lad is going to hurt his back one day. Love him to bits though, and we need him safe and well, plus he won't back down against these cloggers. Needs a bit of support, though!

Great_Expectations

Play like we have the last two games and we’ll get a result.

No idea how Cardiff play now, but if it is direct then Ostigard has proven himself against more experienced strikers than Moore. Don’t know if McFadzean is available, but if so I would be tempted to put him for the aerial battle.

Striking wise we’ll have to go with the non-league, fluke scoring, strikers are only measured by goals so he’s rubbish, Biamou. Hoping the two behind him have good games - I like Allen, but he is frustrating me this season, shows glimpses of ability, but not involved enough and at times looks rushed on the ball (nervousness?). He really needs to do more.

James and Hamer is a strong two. Even if James doesn’t single handedly win us games.

I don’t think we’ll go down, but we need a result today as we are getting further and further into the relegation battle.

We’ve also had a week between games for the first time in a while so let’s hope we see the benefit of that too.

Hope DaCosta doesn’t break a nail and have to come off today too - he’s an important player for us.

stay_up_skyblues

Marosi

Rose
Osti
Hyam

DaCosta
Hamer
James
McCallum

Ohare
Allen

Gyo

1-0 City with a Gyo goal. cc84 to declare Gyo “at the level” and MR’s January business the best in recent history.

Liquid Gold

I’m going draw today. Our away record isn’t up to much. We’re capable of a win, especially if we have some players back but were equally capable of taking a spanking.

Users who are viewing this thread