Can the Telegraph sink much lower? (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

they made a mistake by taking a stance as pro council.

now they have no news links to club and have to make their own news. some will fall for it but i imagine alot of fans will start to see them as irellevent

You could look at that from two angles in terms of readership it's a mistake as the club as oppose to trying to engage with them and prove them wrong was always going to just take the easy option if a ban.
The other way if looking at it was as gauntly (I know he is an arse) did. That it was quite a ballsy call. To sacrifice that access for the right reasons
Fairplay

NorthernWisdom

That said, the guys on here winking and nodding about agendas aren't much less embarrassing. The CT's "agenda" is to sell papers and get clicks. And right now, when the team's doing shite, misery sells. It's a trick the Daily Mail learned decades ago.

Don't disagree with that. What it does show is the local news content just isn't there to do it as well as the Daily Mail does mind, when it has a whole world's worth of misery to exploit!

dongonzalos

What does irritate me is with both the CET and Les
You get a paragraph of what the article is about.
Not much if any digging has been done into that paragraph.
With Les it is what the club feeds him. With the CET it's what they pick up off social media.
Then for both of them the remaining three quarters of the article is the SISU out campaign from the CET.
A regurgitated speel from Les about how the owners have been shafted.

Last edited:

Joy Division

But for a local newspaper like the CET surely its its in their best interest for the club to be prospering, playing well and crowds swelling. Feel good factor will sell more papers than disinterested half arsed fans.

SBT

But for a local newspaper like the CET surely its its in their best interest for the club to be prospering, playing well and crowds swelling. Feel good factor will sell more papers than disinterested half arsed fans.

People say this all the time, but in practice the stories that generate most interest are almost always the negative ones. We get the press we deserve.

Nick

Administrator
People say this all the time, but in practice the stories that generate most interest are almost always the negative ones. We get the press we deserve.

Surely it can't be good if the most popular ones are the ones where they say the telegraph is shit and the journalism is awful?

olderskyblue

That said, the guys on here winking and nodding about agendas aren't much less embarrassing. The CT's "agenda" is to sell papers and get clicks. And right now, when the team's doing shite, misery sells. It's a trick the Daily Mail learned decades ago.

Well, your agenda is perfectly clear... Tell us the bleeding obvious..!! ;)

skybluebeduff

We have bigger problems to deal with than the CET and Gilbert FFS!, some of you are absolute doughnuts!
tumblr_lh1sve2s9d1qg3ycwo1_500.jpg

clint van damme

We have bigger problems to deal with than the CET and Gilbert FFS!, some of you are absolute doughnuts!

another one missing the point.
No ones saying there aren't bigger issues, but he printed articles yesterday that warranted discussion and the consensus among many was that he was acting the arse.

Fishers performance on the radio today will soon knock this off the hot topic hot spot, that's how it works.

ajsccfc

There's something more important to talk about than 99% of threads posted, doesn't mean the forum should consist of one giant thread where off-topic posters are killed to death or anything.

torchomatic

So we can only concentrate on one thing at a time?

skybluebeduff

another one missing the point.
No ones saying there aren't bigger issues, but he printed articles yesterday that warranted discussion and the consensus among many was that he was acting the arse.

Fishers performance on the radio today will soon knock this off the hot topic hot spot, that's how it works.
How many of you contributed towards the clicks he wants though?, that's the funny thing...

torchomatic

No it's just an excuse for you to be a bitch, lets get it right...

No, it's not. I have stuff going on which means football really is the least important thing in the world however, I'm sensible enough to know what matters in the football world too. If anyone is being a bitch it is you.

Skyblueweeman

No it's just an excuse for you to be a bitch, lets get it right...

There was a chance to discuss something positive about the club. And do you know what, perhaps a positive spin on it might of added a few hundred on the next home gate and given us some much needed extra cash.

But no, lets stick up for CET who've done exactly the opposite of that...

skybluebeduff

There was a chance to discuss something positive about the club. And do you know what, perhaps a positive spin on it might of added a few hundred on the next home gate and given us some much needed extra cash.

Think you've got me mistaken to someone who cares about what that rag publish, 5 pages on here clearly shows people like you actually seemed bothered by it all.

Why? Who the fuck cares what they publish? The less you bother, the less clicks they get, the quicker Simon will have to re-think.

Grendel

at least simons not up SISU's arse like some others have been

No he's up wasps arse and will gladly rubbish all things CCFC if that's what they tell him to do.

skybluebeduff

skybluebeduff and tony, am I allowed to talk about other issues apart from SISU in my day to day life?

It's going to be a right laugh around your Christmas dinner tables isn't it? Or have you cancelled Christmas to focus on the task in hand?
Do what you like, just remember that you help Simon with your clickity clicks....

torchomatic

Think you've got me mistaken to someone who cares about what that rag publish, 5 pages on here clearly shows people like you actually seemed bothered by it all.

Why? Who the fuck cares what they publish? The less you bother, the less clicks they get, the quicker Simon will have to re-think.

Well they're attacking your team so you should care.

torchomatic

Exacly. But it seems we have to let them off and ignore them.

skybluebeduff

Well they're attacking your team so you should care.
No I shouldn't, because people like you think NOPM have ruined the club anyway... so on that note.

You all know my motive by now, and it doesn't involve a local rag, to me they're not harming the club as much as the owners, that's what I care about.

skybluebeduff

Exacly. But it seems we have to let them off and ignore them.
What have you actually done to prevent it then? Instead of needlessly talking about it bitching way on a forum?

How many of you helped Simon by clicking his stories?

Least it's off your chest though eh? Just like the people who shout SISU OUT to make themselves feel better without getting off their arse to do something about it...

Skyblueweeman

You're missing the point. Wouldn't you like to see the club get more money from more people going to games?

skybluebeduff

You're missing the point. Wouldn't you like to see the club get more money from more people going to games?
Who wouldn't, but you're talking about nearly 8000-10,000 missing fans, why are they missing? who is solely to blame for it?

You really think people want to come back under the ownership of SISU still?

Grendel

The bottom line is Gilbert isn't going any of this as he is some kind of flag bearer for the anti sisu brigade.

Wasps have a mission to be THE club in town. Using the local media to rubbish the rival is an obvious tactic.

It's been ongoing for months. Gilbert seems to relish the task.

Grendel

Who wouldn't, but you're talking about nearly 8000-10,000 missing fans, why are they missing? who is solely to blame for it?

They don't want to come back as the team is doing poorly. If it wasn't ownership wouldn't be a major concern.

skybluebeduff

The bottom line is Gilbert isn't going any of this as he is some kind of flag bearer for the anti sisu brigade.

Wasps have a mission to be THE club in town. Using the local media to rubbish the rival is an obvious tactic.

It's been ongoing for months. Gilbert seems to relish the task.
He also must relish SBT having threads like these that will generate clicks for him, not just people who frequently use this site, but look how many have read this thread already, 277 it says, currently 17 guests here too, most will have clicked to find out what Simon has wrote on the CET, thus giving him what he wants.

That's all my point is so I'll end it at that.

Skyblueweeman

The first two words of your post above illustrate the point that many are making. Yes, there are 8-10k missing fans. I don't think we'll get thousands back until SISU are gone but whilst they're here, I still want to see CCFC prosper on the pitch as much as possible. The CT had an opportunity to show a little positivity yesterday and potential coerce a few hundred to the next game...small steps and all that

They chose not to. That's it for me. Your honour, I rest my case.

letsallsingtogether

They don't want to come back as the team is doing poorly. If it wasn't ownership wouldn't be a major concern.
Tbf I think it's a bit of both.
I personally am not enjoying it anymore so may not renew next year 2 of the others in our party don't want to go as they have had enough of the owners and their false promises my brother however will still renew.
Thing is it doesn't matter what is keeping the fans away whatever it is needs fixing and fixing quick.

Users who are viewing this thread