Can the Telegraph sink much lower? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Your attempt at mockery is poor, just review your previous posts in this thread, it's you who misdirects everything. You've moaned that CET haven't printed a story about CCFC's kids party, yet you know they're banned from the club. Beggars belief.

Again, do you really think that people fall for the misdirection? Do you think if somebody mentions Wasps they suddenly think SISU are all ok?

Have you actually seen anybody suddenly completely forget about SISU because they saw somebody say something bad about anybody else? I then gave you an example where misdirection actually worked.

I said I wonder if they would mention it and what the odds are, they still mention other things when they are banned from the club don't they?

Last edited:

Grendel

skybluetony176

Well no Tony as I don't rush into threads criticising fisher with full defence and deflector shields out - do i?

How is criticising Fisher a deflector shield? Are you saying he doesn't deserve criticism?

You don't rush into threads to deflect? Minutes after I point out that the club should be inviting the telegraph to cover stories like the Xmas party (not a subject I brought up by the way) not banning them you're straight on here not to try and discuss the point but deflect from it with some innate shit about me being in bed with SG. If that isn't rushing in to deflect I don't know what is.

I'll try asking you directly and let's see if I can get a direct reply without deflection. Do you accept that it's unlikely that a local paper is going to cover a story that they're banned from attending? Wouldn't the best idea be not only to lift the ban but also invite said paper to such events to cover them and enjoy the positive stories?

Nick

Administrator
How is criticising Fisher a deflector shield? Are you saying he doesn't deserve criticism?

You don't rush into threads to deflect? Minutes after I point out that the club should be inviting the telegraph to cover stories like the Xmas party (not a subject I brought up by the way) not banning them you're straight on here not to try and discuss the point but deflect from it with some innate shit about me being in bed with SG. If that isn't rushing in to deflect I don't know what is.

I'll try asking you directly and let's see if I can get a direct reply without deflection. Do you accept that it's unlikely that a local paper is going to cover a story that they're banned from attending? Wouldn't the best idea be not only to lift the ban but also invite said paper to such events to cover them and enjoy the positive stories?

Were the Telegraph invited to write about the Wasps training things for kids in Birmingham, or Reid buying his new car?

Do they attend via invite everything they cover?

Not too sure what the issue is with half decent things like the kids party and the tifosy stuff, I am not saying they should be out there selling tickets for the club.

There's a thread here about the kids party - http://skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/jsb-christmas-party-22nd-dec.71332/

Interesting people who are quick to slate the club for things haven't even looked at it, would never have guessed.

skybluetony176

Were the Telegraph invited to write about the Wasps training things for kids in Birmingham, or Reid buying his new car?

Do they attend via invite everything they cover?

Probably on the first as Wasps clearly understand the benefit of positive press coverage (a point clearly missed by Tim going by not only his ban on the telegraph but also his recent radio appearances) and seem to actively encourage a working relationship with local press.

I'd guess not on the second one.

Grendel

This thread ia about the CT and negative coverage of the club - not Tim fisher and not the Christmas party.

The ban is justified the lack of coverage of the Christmas party not. These are not mutually exclusive.

Nick

Administrator
Probably on the first as Wasps clearly understand the benefit of positive press coverage (a point clearly missed by Tim going by not only his ban on the telegraph but also his recent radio appearances) and seem to actively encourage a working relationship with local press.

I'd guess not on the second one.

So you think that the "advanced content writer" who wrote it actually went to visit on invitation of Wasps?

Grendel

Top drawer reply, again.

I'm surprised Tony wasn't outside the party with a placard shouting that if the children entered they were the evil spawn of sisu and should instead be at home burning an effigy of Tim Fisher

skybluetony176

A couple of questions for the local newspaper auditors.

Have the Observer covered the Xmas party?

Have the Observer been covering Wasps attending schools?

skybluetony176

I'm surprised Tony wasn't outside the party with a placard shouting that if the children entered they were the evil spawn of sisu and should instead be at home burning an effigy of Tim Fisher

Why would I do that you despicable prick. Do you actually have any points to make or are you just here to insult people with bullshit?

Nick

Administrator
A couple of questions for the local newspaper auditors.

Have the Observer covered the Xmas party?

Have the Observer been covering Wasps attending schools?

Have they been trying to make everything negative about CCFC and not reporting the positives? Or do they always just have about 1 article a week max about it anyway?

PS. They covered the Tifosy stuff, whereas the Telegraph straight up refused *until it was needed to promote a book*.

torchomatic

Grendel

Why would I do that you despicable prick. Do you actually have any points to make or are you just here to insult people with bullshit?

I have made a point in the opening post and you are trying to detail it by any means.

skybluetony176

Have they been trying to make everything negative about CCFC and not reporting the positives? Or do they always just have about 1 article a week max about it anyway?

PS. They covered the Tifosy stuff, whereas the Telegraph straight up refused *until it was needed to promote a book*.

I was looking for a yes or no. Why have you refused to answer the two basic questions and deflect instead? I'm guessing its because no they haven't covered the Xmas party and yes they have been covering Wasps visiting schools. Is that about right? I'm surprised you're not claiming that the observer will do anything to put the boot in if that is the case.

Grendel

I was looking for a yes or no. Why have you refused to answer the two basic questions and deflect instead? I'm guessing its because no they haven't covered the Xmas party and yes they have been covering Wasps visiting schools. Is that about right? I'm surprised you're not claiming that the observer will do anything to put the boot in if that is the case.

The thread is about CT and it's appalling negative press Tony so, with respect, you should actually address that as the central topic.

For some reason you will not.

Nick

Administrator

I don't know if they have, have they covered Wasps going into schools?

Nothing there that I can see about the party either, also nothing trying to stir up shit about players buying cars to make CCFC look bad (not SISU, CCFC).

Nick

Administrator
I've already agreed with you on that one. Why bring it up as a deflection again?

Ah deflection. The only deflection was when you went mental about Wasps Boycotts when the academy news came out and then piped down when they said it was all sisus fault.

It's amazing that people worry about all of this misdirection and deflection stuff so much, almost as if they can't think about multiple things.

"Arggghhhh so everything is now gilbert's fault"

Your posts are getting as desperate as people like Captain Dart / Jack Griffin and Oucho and his other multiple identities.

As for the invitiation, I said I'd donate £35 to a decent charity and then donate the football to the raffle to raise more money if the telegraph could do a little article about the Tifosy stuff. Pretty decent invite.

I also didn't invite them to use my images from the guess the footballer thread ;) another one you strangely haven't looked at.

Last edited:

SBT

There is nothing - NOTHING - better than another extended media critique on these forums. No-one knows more about the inner workings of newspapers, or the machinations of how top-level editorial decisions get made than people like Nick or skybluetony176. It's the insight from titans of media like them that keep me coming back.

Nick

Administrator
There is nothing - NOTHING - better than another extended media critique on these forums. No-one knows more about the inner workings of newspapers, or the machinations of how top-level editorial decisions get made than people like Nick or skybluetony176. It's the insight from titans of media like them that keep me coming back.

What top level decisions are they? Which barrel to scrape?

Football Manager wonderkid copy and pastes or stories about footballers buying a car?

SBT

What top level decisions are they? Which barrel to scrape?

Football Manager wonderkid copy and pastes or stories about footballers buying a car?

Well you've got to make some pretty top-level decisions to make sure The Agenda is adhered to at all times.

Thankfully you blew the lid off this one months ago. Amateurs like Les Reid were left trailing in your wake. I'm sure they'll make a Spotlight-esque film about you in time for Oscars season.

Nick

Administrator
Well you've got to make some pretty top-level decisions to make sure The Agenda is adhered to at all times.

Thankfully you blew the lid off this one months ago. Amateurs like Les Reid were left trailing in your wake. I'm sure they'll make a Spotlight-esque film about you in time for Oscars season.

I don't think their budget would be big enough to be honest. They can just donate all of the money to decent charities and be done with it.

It doesn't help when you keep coming on especially to sit on the lid everytime it tries to get blown off :(

olderskyblue

Oh my, this thread gives me deja vu about GMK when certain individuals decided to "team up" and "attack" other posters, not just agreeing or not, but nasty and patronising shit that spoilt the whole site, and was part of the reason that it dropped down a hole, never to be seen again.....

skybluebeduff

Oh my, this thread gives me deja vu about GMK when certain individuals decided to "team up" and "attack" other posters, not just agreeing or not, but nasty and patronising shit that spoilt the whole site, and was part of the reason that it dropped down a hole, never to be seen again.....
This site has been like it since 2015, dross, but addictive dross.

olderskyblue

This site has been like it since 2015, dross, but addictive dross.

It's gotten worse very recently. I could put up with all the accountants and legal eagles on here, and the arguments to and forth, it was quite amusing really. The only decent thread lately is Torch's counselling thread, and I must admit, when I first saw that, I thought it was to do with his obsessive hate for Coventry City Council... ;)

Nick

Administrator
It's gotten worse very recently. I could put up with all the accountants and legal eagles on here, and the arguments to and forth, it was quite amusing really. The only decent thread lately is Torch's counselling thread, and I must admit, when I first saw that, I thought it was to do with his obsessive hate for Coventry City Council... ;)

Have a look at the guess the player thread ;)

http://skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/i-might-be-being-thick-but-who-is-this.71359/

The internet really is there to be won with that.

skybluetony176

I don't know if they have, have they covered Wasps going into schools?

Nothing there that I can see about the party either, also nothing trying to stir up shit about players buying cars to make CCFC look bad (not SISU, CCFC).

Had five minutes to have a look and as far as I can tell no story on the Xmas party and yes they do seem to cover stories of wasps visiting schools and doing other things in the community. I'm guessing your piss is boiling at the observer to now.

Users who are viewing this thread