Can the Telegraph sink much lower? (1 Viewer)

cloughie

I think the telegraph hs become a 3rd rate paper since going to a morning paper with out of date stories.

I have never bothered about gilbert that much until he has been self promoting his book through is day job, shameless and even worse editor to allow him to do so.
Today has gone beyond the line without doubt, he should be ashamed to call himself a journalist , for he certainly is not

skybluetony176

I didn't realise that along with SISU being a bunch of tossers, that Gilbert couldn't be as well.

How about our new manager?

Gilbert being a tosser isn't killing the club. Fisher being one is. You concentrate on the one that isn't killing the club if you want. I'm sure that will work out well for the club. Well done.

Nick

Administrator
Gilbert being a tosser isn't killing the club. Fisher being one is. You concentrate on the one that isn't killing the club if you want. I'm sure that will work out well for the club. Well done.

So not only do you think fans will read this and completely forget about CCFC and what's going on, you also think people can only seem to think or discuss 1 thing and not multiple things.

Well done, you have excelled yourself.

Moff

So I say SISU are tossers, as well as Gilbert, but that's me concentrating on the one who isn't killing the club. What a joke.

You are a bigger Muppet than I thought. Be a drama queen, well done!

Nick

Administrator
Again. It's the thread that's a deflector shield. The problem is at the club not the telegraph. If you spent as much energy on what fisher say's as you do what gilbert says you'd be getting labeled a council lover.

This thread won't deflect anything and it isn't meant to.

People can have more than 1 thing in their brain about different things, you should try it sometime. Especially after you swallowed up the wasps crap and piped down about boycotting them after they put their "look at sisu" statement out.

skybluetony176

So not only do you think fans will read this and completely forget about CCFC and what's going on, you also think people can only seem to think or discuss 1 thing and not multiple things.

Well done, you have excelled yourself.

Said it before but if I was Fisher I'd fucking love you. You would be my JS of SBT.

skybluetony176

So I say SISU are tossers, as well as Gilbert, but that's me concentrating on the one who isn't killing the club. What a joke.

You are a bigger Muppet than I thought. Be a drama queen, well done!

Yeah. When the clubs dead and it turns out not to be Gilberts fault maybe you'll look back at all the wasted pointless energy you spent on him instead of the perpetrators. It will be too late then.

Nick

Administrator
Said it before but if I was Fisher I'd fucking love you. You would be my JS of SBT.

Yeah, a real good reply Tony. Stick to the DIY, because your posts are getting silly. Maybe you can get Gilbert to pop round and help, neither of you will be bothering with the football and you can both discuss shit come backs online.

cloughie

Again. It's the thread that's a deflector shield. The problem is at the club not the telegraph. If you spent as much energy on what fisher say's as you do what gilbert says you'd be getting labeled a council lover.
I agree people shoud spend more time shredding Fishers bullshit, which there is much more of, gilbert would be (and is) an irrelevance as he has no control over the club

Nick

Administrator
Yeah. When the clubs dead and it turns out not to be Gilberts fault maybe you'll look back at all the wasted pointless energy you spent on him instead of the perpetrators. It will be too late then.

It is almost as if you have read somebody say that they think it is all his fault, or you are just making things up.

duffer

Nah mate, we'd be Premier League if only people didn't write bad news stories about Sisu.

I wonder what the crossover between the tin-foilers on here and Jeremy Corbyn fans is, because they have identical excuses for their chosen one's poor performance.

I'll raise your tin-foiler with a giant straw man, because this is the kind of logical fallacy (coupled with an industrial size shoehorn) I'd expect from a frothing, swivel-eyed loon. If we're going to go down the road of the Daily Mail book of insults we might as well get them all in, eh.

The Telegraph used to be a decent local newspaper. It lost its way around the time that it bottled reporting on the ACL bail-out and has gone rapidly backwards ever since. With the odd exception it's mostly click-bait for idiots now, as evidenced by the utter dullards both here and there who think the endless negativity about anything CCFC related will somehow help the club.

The paper isn't directly behind our demise, I can't see that anyone here has said it is. However if anyone here can remember (or even better link to) the last time a new manager was welcomed with such an obvious negative slant from the CET, I'll be impressed.

skybluetony176

Yeah, a real good reply Tony. Stick to the DIY, because your posts are getting silly. Maybe you can get Gilbert to pop round and help, neither of you will be bothering with the football and you can both discuss shit come backs online.

OK Johnathan. I'll do that.

Moff

Yep three posts on what a useless tosser Gilbert is. What wasted pointless time that five minutes was. I suppose I could amuse myself by laughing at your meltdown on this post instead, but no, must concentrate on hate SISU. Hate Sisu. Hate SISU.

I hate SISU like you do, but what fucking difference has that made since this post began?

Nick

Administrator
OK Johnathan. I'll do that.

Worrying thing is, I bet even he knows more about the football than you.

What's with the weird obsession that "wasted pointless energy" from typing a few posts?

The tunnel vision is hilarious, no wonder he thinks people will want to buy a signed copy of his book with a personal message with people like you about.

What is with the weird posts the last few weeks? You used to make points and back them up but now it' smacks of desperation and a little bit crazy.

fernandopartridge

You probably think that makes you look smart pointing out meaningless things like that. It doesn't. It makes you look like an ignorant prick who misses the important stuff.
Tony, I understand Fisher is a prick. I don't need to keep posting about it as he doesn't make public statements showing as such on a daily basis. He doesn't pretend to be anything he isn't either.
Gilbert, on the other hand, spends all his time trying to whip up a frenzy against CCFC, not just SISU. He makes himself look like a tit most of the time, you must be kindred spirits.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

It's pretty much being pushed as negative.

The Reid article is just embarrassing! Desperate to continue with their negativity and to use something as daft as that!

How do they know it was £40k? How do they know he paid out the entire £40k? Is it not likely that he's leasing it like most footballers do (or are reported to do....)?

Anything to get a few clicks!

Great_Expectations

Bonkers and pathetic article, but it has generated reaction which is probably the plan. It's the TalkSport approach.

I get this article is shit, but there's been anomosity to Gilbert for a while and I think I missed how/when/why - can someone update me please? (I appreciate that may sound sarcastic but it's a genuine question!).

Terry Gibson's perm

The Reid article is just embarrassing! Desperate to continue with their negativity and to use something as daft as that!

How do they know it was £40k? How do they know he paid out the entire £40k? Is it not likely that he's leasing it like most footballers do (or are reported to do....)?

Anything to get a few clicks!

As you say lots lease them though the Pfa at good rates, if he bought it good on him he can obviously afford it.

Nick

Administrator
Bonkers and pathetic article, but it has generated reaction which is probably the plan. It's the TalkSport approach.

I get this article is shit, but there's been anomosity to Gilbert for a while and I think I missed how/when/why - can someone update me please? (I appreciate that may sound sarcastic but it's a genuine question!).

Is it still a good thing if the reaction is all against the telegraph?

Great_Expectations

Is it still a good thing if the reaction is all against the telegraph?

Playing devils advocate; there's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently.

In all fairness I don't read the CT, but when they publish something that sparks outrage on here I'll sometimes click on the article link to find out why. That's more clicks for them.

What's the history of general Gilbert dislike?

Nick

Administrator
Playing devils advocate; there's no such thing as bad publicity, apparently.

In all fairness I don't read the CT, but when they publish something that sparks outrage on here I'll sometimes click on the article link to find out why. That's more clicks for them.

What's the history of general Gilbert dislike?

If I drew so much negative attention to my work I think my boss would have something to say and wouldn't say it's a good thing if the general consensus was that my work was awful and the staff didnt know what they are doing.

I think the leading on of the fans to promote his book was a bit out of order, as well as the general negative spin against CCFC. He did have a bit of an attitude when he posted on here as well. There is also the refusal to mention a little article for the legacy fund in the telegraph, then using it to try and sell some of his books ;)

Last edited:

Great_Expectations

If I drew so much negative attention to my work I think my boss would have something to say and wouldn't say it's a good thing if the general consensus was that my work was awful and the staff didnt know what they are doing.

I think the leading on of the fans to promote his book was a bit out of order, as well as the general negative spin against CCFC. He did have a bit of an attitude when he posted on here as well.

I don't disagree, but there's obviously a market for it. The majority of national tabloid papers are full of exaggerated and dramatised rubbish, that's lapped up by some and hated by others. It all generates a reaction. People who hate SISU will be loving the articles.

We live in a world of Brexit and Trump. Proof that dramatising and playing on negative emotions (e.g. Hate) works.

Nick

Administrator
I don't disagree, but there's obviously a market for it. The majority of national tabloid papers are full of exaggerated and dramatised rubbish, that's lapped up by some and hated by others. It all generates a reaction. People who hate SISU will be loving the articles.

We live in a world of Brexit and Trump. Proof that dramatising and playing on negative emotions (e.g. Hate) works.

I agree, people aren't interested in how true it is. There have been completely made up articles to get people worked up.

Great_Expectations

I hate Sisu but I'm not loving the articles.

That's because you are rational. Everyone hates SISU, but certain posters have still managed to turn the good news of Slade into a negative about SISU. Articles criticising him before he even starts are just fuel to those types.

Yes, I'm generalising.

Users who are viewing this thread