Burton Albion (Home) Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Grendel

You love posting this one after a poor result or when we're low down the form table.

Which has been the last 10 games

SkyBlue_Bear83

Cheers G and Stu.

With the Armstrong news, I forgot the details about Bigi's loan.

Odd that NUFC insisted he stayed here :thinking about:
pretty sure it's bull, the no recall would have been decided between both clubs and its likely we pushed for it rather than Newcastle insisting on it.

ccfc92

pretty sure it's bull, the no recall would have been decided between both clubs and its likely we pushed for it rather than Newcastle insisting on it.

Either way, unless he improves massively, it's a waste of a loan space/wages.

jas365

We were poor. Burton had it easy and won at a canter. Not sure how good they are as we made it easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now they're the best team in the division. They've won more games than anyone else (and have games in hand) and have been top nearly all season.

fernandopartridge

The usual absolute drivel being spoken here. Burton hardly won at a canter. They won as the result of defensive errors. Thought Mowbray got the changes wrong.

stupot07

Stop being so touchy, it was a joke. And anyway it would be more than Newcastle didn't want a recall clause because they insisted on it for Armstrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Performances like today against opposition who are up there with us are the reason I apply caution when I think of us needing a play off final........ :(

First half the only ones in the game were Fleck and Vincelot. Second half Fleck lost his way after his booking and was culperable for the second goal.

Can't really say Mowbray got the starting line up wrong as most called for Maddison to start, and I called for Ruben to start too, but on reflection these two shouldn't have started against a rough and tumble type of team. How many tackles did they miss and how many challenges did they back out of?

Ramage looked rusty and I think we need to address having two right footed CB's playing together. Both he and Ricketts looked dodgy when playing on that side being primarily right footed, even if that means Stokes playing at CB where he's looked useful.

Armstrong is being marked out of games and needs help up top. That said the opportunities he created today he did all on his own because of a lack of support.

Phillips appears to be getting worse by the game. Had high hopes for he lad but they've all but vanished right now.

Murphy had a poor second game in quick succession which is a shame as he normally comes back fighting after a poor game but didn't happen today.

Surprised to hear the stats were 14 shots and 7 on target but guessing they count the back pass like shots we had as shots which would increase the what seemed like a poor stat.

mechaishida

Not sure I understand the RCC, Bigi and Stokes negativity.

I can understand the Bigi negativity; he seems to just lose possession and slow the pace down. Seems pointless having him if he's not contributing positively.

Can't see how anyone can knock Stokes, tbh. Mr Reliable, 99.99% of the time.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Stokes was poor but he had zero support as we had no one playing on the left flank second half.
Cook did ok and don't think bigi did as badly as people make out.

stupot07

Stokes was poor but he had zero support as we had no one playing on the left flank second half.

Bang on that. Especially second half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

If both centre backs are right footed surely Haynes should have started with Stokes and Ramage at centre back and Ricketts at right back.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

stupot07

I thought he was awful on the ball and part of the myriad players culpable for the 2nd goal.

I couldn't believe how bad he was on the ball given the amount of games he's played on the PL.

Nick

Administrator
I.thought ramage was no nonsense, not going to put defence splitting passes together.

Rickets got caught on the ball, there was the the one he got closed down from messing about

SlowerThanPlatt

Burton free kicks and corners were good too. Should have scored from the corner to the edge of the box and hit the bar from a quick free kick with all of our players at sea. Our set pieces are poor in comparsion, just keep going short from corners without any plan.

Otis

Cook did ok and don't think bigi did as badly as people make out.
We kept passing the ball out left to Stokes and then just left him there with ball and every time he therefore just had to keep passing the ball backwards.

As you say, zero support.

Otis

MOTM for me was Vincelot.

Murphy poor, Lameiras poor, dreadful mistake by Phillips when we were very much in the ascendancy and once that goal went in we were always going to struggle.

Walsall a better team for me than Burton, but seemingly Burton keep finding a way to win.

Have thought our defence has needed sorting out for some time. Phillips and Haynes for me are not good enough for what we need, with Phillips especially being responsible for a number of goals this season alone.

Really cross my fingers that Lorentzson is fit very soon.

stupot07

Maybe not much support but still thought he was poor today

Fleck too was dire

I though fleck was one our best players first half, but he was the polar opposite second.

Otis

I though fleck was one our best players first half, but he was the polar opposite second.

Yep. Him and Vincelot were excellent first half.

I thought we started the second half really well too and looked the team likely to score, but that goal out of the blue due to Phillips' dreadful error really seemed to knock the stuffing out of us and we looked clueless from that point on.

Hopefully the clamour for Lameiras to be included will now cease.

covcity4life

Couldn't even trap ball by end

Bigi was only 1 passing it fwd from midfield at end

Users who are viewing this thread