Bright (3 Viewers)

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I’m still hoping SBK finds his way back one day. Comedy gold

giphy.gif

Brylowes

I remain highly dubious of Bright's ability to be sufficiently disciplined to fit into 2355"]
I remain highly dubious of Bright's ability to be sufficiently disciplined to fit into a team framework. Previously we were mid ranking L 1 and it could be indulged. Now we are scraping along at the bottom of the Championship, I'm not so sure....but I know nothing.

He will be cheap, so the risk is minimal, and the deal cannot have happened without Robins' sign off. I draw some comfort from that.
scraping along at the bottom, I thought we finished 16th.

Last edited:

Fergusons_Beard

Rapidly changing my opinion of the Bright signing was really worried about his impact on the team morale and whether we have the capacity to include such a luxury player.

Looking at the highlights from his last team (and admittedly against a lot poorer opponents ) I now feel hopeful that he will defo bring something to the team.

He’s got pace which we really haven’t got, he’s got the ability to carry it up the pitch taking players on and he’s got the flair to really create things in the opposition’s half.

If he can add a little of O’Hare’s tenacity and never ending energy to chase players down-I really feel that Bright could be a brilliant signing and for me is a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sick Boy

Tbf it was a lot more comfortable than most on here were claiming it was going to be (sleepwalking to relegation) or that was expected of us

We were only in the relegation zone for a brief time in the whole of last season
Yeah but let’s not pretend that we weren’t in the thick of it for a lot of the time. Finishing around 16th again would be an excellent achievement.

mr_monkey

Yeah but let’s not pretend that we weren’t in the thick of it for a lot of the time. Finishing around 16th again would be an excellent achievement.

I get that and I know I'm the forum optimist but I genuinely was not worried at any stage last season that we were going to get relagated

16th or higher for me too this season and I think we'll easily achieve it

vow

I get that and I know I'm the forum optimist but I genuinely was not worried at any stage last season that we were going to get relagated

16th or higher for me too this season and I think we'll easily achieve it
Fair play as I'm quite the optimistic type also (when it comes to city) but I've gotta say, my sphincter was a bit squeaky during the Rotherham game

Not even a slight twinge m8?

edgy

So we think Bright is training with the u23's as he missed the Spain trip.

Wonder if he'll play in the u23s game at Warrington tomorrow? Would make sense to keep him on some par with the first team in terms of match minutes.

procdoc

So we think Bright is training with the u23's as he missed the Spain trip.

Wonder if he'll play in the u23s game at Warrington tomorrow? Would make sense to keep him on some par with the first team in terms of match minutes.
I can see him being involved

skybluesam66

You are the most glass half empty on the site. Forget the Mediterranean caution and enjoy yourself. In the thick of it is a bit of an exaggeration. It was really our fear. We generally had a comfortable margin so long as we didn’t self destruct which is where the fear was every time we lost

covcity4life

But would you moan all season until we finish 16th? That's the question. And not just of you either

Sick Boy

You are the most glass half empty on the site. Forget the Mediterranean caution and enjoy yourself. In the thick of it is a bit of an exaggeration. It was really our fear. We generally had a comfortable margin so long as we didn’t self destruct which is where the fear was every time we lost
You can rewrite history all you want but it doesn’t change the fact that we were involved in a relegation battle for most of the season.
Ahead of the Rotherham game they were 3 points behind with 2 games in hand and in the relegation zone - hardly a ‘comfortable margin’.

Mucca Mad Boys

I expected us to be relegated last season, so was very happy overall. Personally I’d also be happy with 4th from bottom.

The amount of people who said they’d be happy with this last season almost lost the plot when we were there in reality.

We were pretty safe for almost the entirety of last season. The only exception being was the loss to Bournemouth (A) and Rotherham’s win v QPR leading up to our fixture with them.

Our home record last season was v good (relative to our position). If we can keep close to that standard and whilst slightly improving our away record this season, we won’t be any trouble whatsoever.

COV

The amount of people who said they’d be happy with this last season almost lost the plot when we were there in reality.

We were pretty safe for almost the entirety of last season. The only exception being was the loss to Bournemouth (A) and Rotherham’s win v QPR leading up to our fixture with them.

Our home record last season was v good (relative to our position). If we can keep close to that standard and whilst slightly improving our away record this season, we won’t be any trouble whatsoever.

I think the Ricoh in front of more fans brings a lot more pressure… away form will be critical as I think we’ll find it harder at home than we did last season

Edit: sorry the CBS not the Ricoh

Last edited:

slowpoke

You can rewrite history all you want but it doesn’t change the fact that we were involved in a relegation battle for most of the season.
Ahead of the Rotherham game they were 3 points behind with 2 games in hand and in the relegation zone - hardly a ‘comfortable margin’.
Don’t think we were in the relegation zone but were certainly too close for comfort but we did climb well clear in the end and I thought we improved and shown enough that with a few better players added to our squad can improve on last seasons effort 10th or above would be decent for our second season in the championship

steve cooper

I don't think that tells the whole story though. We had a bad start, partly because we played a lot of the top teams in quick succession, and partly (more importantly) we played naive football thinking we could play in the Championship like we did in League 1.
If you look at any form table from Christmas on we were mid table, and from memory I think those teams we lost heavily or convincingly to in the beginning part of the season, we did quite well against in the "deadly February" fixtures.

Grendel

I don't think that tells the whole story though. We had a bad start, partly because we played a lot of the top teams in quick succession, and partly (more importantly) we played naive football thinking we could play in the Championship like we did in League 1.
If you look at any form table from Christmas on we were mid table, and from memory I think those teams we lost heavily or convincingly to in the beginning part of the season, we did quite well against in the "deadly February" fixtures.

It was the last six games when we were averaging the same points as a winner in the league 13 from 6 matches wasn’t it which was a Mowbray like league finish - if we’d average our points tally without that it would have gone to the last game or two

Grendel

From your last love affair.

£1 to a charity of my choice every time you mention Bright.

The reality is he used the club last time to try and get some better deal elsewhere - no one wanted him and he’s here as — no one wants him

Users who are viewing this thread