Bright (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

As Robins said about this transfer, it’s very much a wild card signing.

At 23, Bright could get better and he’s naturally talented. But, he’s got to prove his worth this year and highly doubt we’ll put up with his past antics now he’s contracted to us.

He’ll either be a transformative player for us a complete bust. Obviously hoping for the former, but I’ll remain sceptical.

Mucca Mad Boys

All the talk of the risk of signing him etc.
Did he actually do anything to let us down when he was last here other than not sign for us after his loan ended?

No and he was great for us.

That being said, if you’ve got a maverick who does whatever they want, doesn’t show up to team meets and skips training... They’re red flags. Back then, he was a loanee who was going back to Wolves and a high performer in a decent team (top half). Now, we’re probably going to be a bottom half team with bad patches and he’s now our player. If he doesn’t perform and behaves like a maverick, he’ll cause a lot of resentment in the squad.

Tommo1993

All the talk of the risk of signing him etc.
Did he actually do anything to let us down when he was last here other than not sign for us after his loan ended?

Too much focus on what he’s done since leaving, rather than the spectacle he was when he was here.

Great_Expectations

Not sure this warrants any negativity. Perhaps a slight concern but the pros by far outweigh them.

He left a bitter taste last time round with the way he left, but I think that was just immaturity, perhaps mixed with narcissism. He’s had a reality check the last few years and has hopefully realised MR was the manager to get the best out of him.

He has the ability to win games, and excite the crowd. And most importantly you’d imagine we’ve got him on favourable terms and for free.

I’d feel a bit disappointed if he has a storming first half of the season and shows signs of wanting to leave as soon as any interest starts. But that’s football.

Looking forward to seeing him play and I fully trust MR to manage him and any negative personality traits he may display, but I truly think he’ll have changed.

slowpoke

No concern at all, natural talent and bags of it. Once Robins gets the forwards sorted and him fitted into the system the thoughts of Bright, O’Hare and Hamer gives goose bumps. All Bright did was chose to stay at Wolves can’t blame him for that. Bright will be a star for us.

Sky Blue Pete

No concern at all, natural talent and bags of it. Once Robins gets the forwards sorted and him fitted into the system the thoughts of Bright, O’Hare and Hamer gives goose bumps. All Bright did was chose to stay at Wolves can’t blame him for that. Bright will be a star for us.
Not quite true I think he pissed off people changing his mind but it should be water under the bridge now he’s signed a 2 hopefully 3 year deal and the people who need to forgive and forget have done so

Alkhen

The ONLY relevant question in amongst all this mass of analysis is “is he better than we already have?” The answer is yes, therefore it’s a positive signing.

Doesn’t matter where he was or what he was doing or which direction he’s gone- does he improve the team is the only thing that matters

Not really the ONLY relevant question tho is it.

Plenty of people from within the club have said he was fucked around and wasn't professional during his 6 months here. Granted that was a couple of years ago now but it's seems he hardly made friends iat his other loans.

The REAL question is can he make the most of the opportunity we have given him? He needs to grow up a bit, it's a short careerand time is running out for him to make the most of he exciting skill and ability. We can't carry him tho and we shouldn't allow him to ignor team rules or set a negative influence.

I back Robins and I'm sure all this has been firmly set to Bright. I think he will do well

COV

Not really the ONLY relevant question tho is it.

Plenty of people from within the club have said he was fucked around and wasn't professional during his 6 months here. Granted that was a couple of years ago now but it's seems he hardly made friends iat his other loans.

The REAL question is can he make the most of the opportunity we have given him? He needs to grow up a bit, it's a short careerand time is running out for him to make the most of he exciting skill and ability. We can't carry him tho and we shouldn't allow him to ignor team rules or set a negative influence.

I back Robins and I'm sure all this has been firmly set to Bright. I think he will do well

But we already know he’s a risk, everyone knows it, that’s not really a question that needs asking- he’s a risk.

If we are ok with taking that chance (and people say Robins is ruthless so we obviously are) then the only relevant question remaining is does he improve the team

usskyblue

Back in the days when I couldbefuckingarsed to argue, I remember spending the best part of two days arguing with @Grendel about the merits of Sheffield Wednesday’s training room equipment…

… two fucking days

tenor.gif

higgs

I get that and I know I'm the forum optimist but I genuinely was not worried at any stage last season that we were going to get relagated

16th or higher for me too this season and I think we'll easily achieve it
Not even before the Rotherham game when if we lost they would of leapfrogged us?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

steve cooper

Not even before the Rotherham game when if we lost they would of leapfrogged us?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
It was never just between us and Rotherham to go down. Most people had written Wycombe & Sheff W off although it turned out to be close.
but Derby got just 6 points from the last 12 games.
Losing to Rotherham would not have sent us down, and there was no reason to think it would have at the time.
Very few people seemed to realise how much trouble Derby were in.

Sky Blue Pete

It was never just between us and Rotherham to go down. Most people had written Wycombe & Sheff W off although it turned out to be close.
but Derby got just 6 points from the last 12 games.
Losing to Rotherham would not have sent us down, and there was no reason to think it would have at the time.
Very few people seemed to realise how much trouble Derby were in.
Rooney especially

Brylowes

Yeah but let’s not pretend that we weren’t in the thick of it for a lot of the time. Finishing around 16th again would be an excellent achievement.
I just don’t get this at all, please forgive me if I’m missing something glaringly obvious :unsure: but last season ‘our first season’ back in the championship, we managed a respectable 16th place finish which has been described as ‘scraping along the bottom’ …..Yet a repeat 16th place finish this season would be considered an accomplishment.

Users who are viewing this thread