Brexit Benefits (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

I would love Labour to start a rejoin campaign - what a vote winner

As for voting for change we've in reality had a Tory government for 4 elections in a row
They’re more likely to advocate EEA membership at some point in the medium-term. I don’t think the UK would ever re-join now.

torchomatic

But it’s not really an issue is it? The notion she’s an example of why people voted leave is absurd.

I heard people say they were voting remain as they thought we’d not be allowed to play in the euros anymore

I heard people voted leave as they thought it would mean the NHS would get £350M a week.

Grendel

I heard people voted leave as they thought it would mean the NHS would get £350M a week.

Some voted remain as they thought they'd be £4,300 a year worse off if they did not

torchomatic

Some voted remain as they thought they'd be £4,300 a year worse off if they did not

That was silly as things are going really, really well, aren't they?

Grendel

That was silly as things are going really, really well, aren't they?

Well yes for me and my company very well as we have picked up orders from companies who used to get work from mainland Europe so I am doing very well out of it. As for the lies lets look to the Guardian as I am sure you believe them - load of shite wasn't it?

torchomatic

Well yes for me and my company very well as we have picked up orders from companies who used to get work from mainland Europe so I am doing very well out of it. As for the lies lets look to the Guardian as I am sure you believe them - load of shite wasn't it?

As long as you're doing OK then I'm happy.

Grendel

As long as you're doing OK then I'm happy.

Well you should be if its only me as Labour will win a landslide victory at the next general election

JAM See

But it’s not really an issue is it? The notion she’s an example of why people voted leave is absurd.

I heard people say they were voting remain as they thought we’d not be allowed to play in the euros anymore
I wasn't too bothered about the Euros.
It was the thought of never winning Eurovision again that swung it for me.

Grendel

I'm alright Jack, fuck the rest of the population.

Classic Tory.

But Labour will romp to victory as everyone else is living in misery and despair

PVA

But Labour will romp to victory as everyone else is living in misery and despair

Unfortunately the majority won't care, they're happy to live in despair as long as Brexit 'got done' and the 'forriners get kicked out'.

Neither of those things will happen, but the Tories will tell them they have and they'll vote for them again like good little boys and girls.

Grendel

Unfortunately the majority won't care, they're happy to live in despair as long as Brexit 'got done' and the 'forriners get kicked out'.

Neither of those things will happen, but the Tories will tell them they have and they'll vote for them again like good little boys and girls.

I am so re-assured that the traditional Labour voter lacks the intelligence that you clearly have

PVA

I'm not sure what's funny, Tory voters have proven time and time again they'll happily vote to make themselves worse off as long as it makes others worse off as well.

Grendel

I'm not sure what's funny, Tory voters have proven time and time again they'll happily vote to make themselves worse off as long as it makes others worse off as well.

Have they? That’s interesting factual posting. Where is the evidence

Grendel

You think? He's been known to praise both Corbyn and McDonnell. I reckon he might have even voted Corbyn in 2017...

That is stretching it but yes I did give credit to the Sinn Fein suck up

clint van damme

Signing trade deals that are better for the other party than us. Another Brexit benefit!

To be fair I think this deal is more political than economical but that still isn't what we were told.
UK farmers not happy. They know what they voted for!

torchomatic

PVA

That's farming fucked then.

Like we knew it would be. Like we tried to warn them it would be.

Why are they just lying down an letting it happen though? If your industry was about to be fucked over by the government would you not kick up a fuss?

I suppose most of them are die hard Tories though so they'll just roll over and do what their masters say like a good boy.

chiefdave

That's farming fucked then.

Like we knew it would be. Like we tried to warn them it would be.

Why are they just lying down an letting it happen though? If your industry was about to be fucked over by the government would you not kick up a fuss?

I suppose most of them are die hard Tories though so they'll just roll over and do what their masters say like a good boy.

Given currently events, both stock shortages and the climate issue, how is scaling back on our own self sufficiency and importing from the other side of the world a good idea?

duffer

Given currently events, both stock shortages and the climate issue, how is scaling back on our own self sufficiency and importing from the other side of the world a good idea?

It's funny isn't it. If you're going to vote Brexit to make the country a better, stronger place that "stands in the world on its own two feet", "British jobs for British people", etc. etc., then I'd have thought food security and keeping our farmers and fishermen employed would be fairly key.

The problem with people who've bought a pup, is that oftentimes they don't like to be reminded about it. "I always wanted a pup, honest."

PVA

Brexit wasn't about making the country a better, stronger place for the majority though.

It was about 'sovereignty', not being 'ruled' by the EU and of course immigration.

They pretended to care about fishing and farming when it was claimed they would thrive outside of the EU. Now that it's become apparent both industries are fucked the Brexiters are pretending they never cared about them.

shmmeee

Genuine question: the Brexit economists planned to wind down car manufacturing, now seem to have decided farming isn’t needed either. What are they proposing we replace these sectors with?

Any Brexiters know? Is it just tax haven Singapore style or is there a plan to invest in any actual industries that create jobs?

skybluetony176

Festival of Brexit to have a name change as the word Brexit is seen as a negative. Not even making it up.

They are going to launch a dig for victory project at the festival of ? though. Again, not even making it up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread