General Election (9 Viewers)

Grendel

He done incredibly well? Anyone decent would have won.

Well they wouldn't as there would not have been an election.

It's safe to say that I have no political views excluding animal welfare that I agree with regarding Mr Corbyn.

In the end though you have to say well done to him. He is a rather aging protest voter with no political leadership and media training. He's surrounded himself with some of the most ghastly shadow cabinet in history.

In truth he's managed to gain the seats he has almost single handedly.

I admit in the end I admired his energy and his verve and his determination, it's quite remarkable really.

I'd shake his hand and say well done if I met him. I actually now admire him and I'd rather be stuck in a lift with him than the drone Tharesa May.

Sick Boy

It's safe to say that I have no political views excluding animal welfare that I agree with regarding Mr Corbyn.

In the end though you have to say well done to him. He is a rather aging protest voter with no political leadership and media training. He's surrounded himself with some of the most ghastly shadow cabinet in history.

I admit in the end I admired his energy and his verve and his determination, it's quite remarkable really.

I'd shake his hand and say well done if I met him. I actually now admire him and I'd rather be stuck in a lift with him than the drone Tharesa May.

I bet you voted for him secretly. ;)

Grendel

I bet you voted for him secretly. ;)

Now you are taking it too far. :)

Politics is a game. In the end tut need some personality as a leader. Cameron did and Milliband didn't.

Corbyn is not a PM but given the challenges he faced both internally and externally you have to acknowledge his achievement.

My revulsion at his IRA involvement is genuine but you still in the end have to say as a personality he was the winner

That's life

torchomatic

No tbf I'm not. But it was clear on both sides what remain meant and leave meant? No?

It was clear to me.was it clear to you?

It wasn't to me. I voted remain. However I would be amazed if everyone who voted to leave seriously thought the NHS would get that £350M for example but I bet some actually did and voted accordingly. A binary yes/no was never a good idea.

Kingokings204

The DUP will likely insist that the UK remains inside the customs union. IMO, we will end up with the Norway option with a restrictions on unskilled immigration for say 3 years, but remain in the single market with FoM.

Can't disagree with this.

Kingokings204

It wasn't to me. I voted remain. However I would be amazed if everyone who voted to leave seriously thought the NHS would get that £350M for example but I bet some actually did and voted accordingly. A binary yes/no was never a good idea.

Yes But it works the other way also Torch. Be fair. I know some people voted remain based on an emergency budget threat and others who voted because they were told their house price would collapse and stop them from moving. A yes or no choice I may agree with but I found the referendum was very clear to me as a choice and it won't be what I voted for. We won't come out of the single market and customs union and make concessions on fishing waters and money. It will annoy me.

SkyblueBazza

If that is the case it's a disgrace, no matter what your political viewpoint you should be allowed to voice your opinion, me and you would probably disagree, but that's life, and I would never try and intimidate you into submission.
You don't really think he gives a damn?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

dancers lance

You don't really think he gives a damn?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
I don't know, I've probably entered the fray a bit late on to have a properly informed opinion, but I stand by what I said.

Johnnythespider

And he would give you a jar of his homemade jam.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Politics is a game. In the end tut need some personality as a leader. Cameron did and Milliband didn't.

Corbyn is not a PM but given the challenges he faced both internally and externally you have to acknowledge his achievement.

My revulsion at his IRA involvement is genuine but you still in the end have to say as a personality he was the winner

That's life
I think I might feint

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Just watching the coverage on the news and I don't understand why the Tories seemed so sure that the UKIP vote would gravitate to them. Literally everyone I know who voted UKIP last time were traditional labour voters. The collapse of UKIP support seemed inevitably from the start to me but I always expected that vote to gravitate back to it's natural position which in my mind was always predominantly labour.

Just another example of how she's completely misread the results of the previous general election as well as the referendum. Completely clueless. Maybe grendull is one of her advisors ;)

Brighton Sky Blue

That's life

I think this is as close to 'I was wrong' as we will ever get from Grendel, I'll take it.

Brighton Sky Blue

It always amazed me that Dave didn't think to include a minimum 'Leave' threshold for the outcome to be binding to the government, just to cover his arse in case what happened happened.

skybluetony176

skybluetony176

Very harsh demands. She is not going to submit to any of that surely!

But then, she IS Theresa May isn't she.

Can't wait to see the dressed up dossier to win the vote to go ahead for the invasion of the free state.

It will be something to do with WMD's, willful march disruptions. The Drumcree standoff will be the catalyst ;)

Last edited:

dutchman

BOB100617-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

Astute

1) Where are the brexit hookers that have been talked about?

2) Who is messaging LG giving him shit for his opinion?

3) Fair play Grendel.

4) I'm smashed.
1, You are only allowed an opinion on here if the loudest on here agree with it.

2, Share the messages with us so we can have a laugh.

CCFCSteve

Just watching the coverage on the news and I don't understand why the Tories seemed so sure that the UKIP vote would gravitate to them. Literally everyone I know who voted UKIP last time were traditional labour voters. The collapse of UKIP support seemed inevitably from the start to me but I always expected that vote to gravitate back to it's natural position which in my mind was always predominantly labour.

Just another example of how she's completely misread the results of the previous general election as well as the referendum. Completely clueless. Maybe grendull is one of her advisors ;)

This isn't spot on. Together with the young/student vote (bribe) and the fact that the reminaders in the south we're willing to switch their vote to labour to avoid the hard brexit, made all the difference.

The strange thing is, if the election result weakens the negotiating position with the EU and we end up with some half in/half out situation, those same voters who returned to labour will be up in arms that that isn't the brexit they voted for !!!!

Ps I have to say though that without the tactical anti SNP voting in Scotland the Tories wouldn't have been able to even form a minority government

Sky Blue Pete

This isn't spot on. Together with the young/student vote (bribe) and the fact that the reminaders in the south we're willing to switch their vote to labour to avoid the hard brexit, made all the difference.

The strange thing is, if the election result weakens the negotiating position with the EU and we end up with some half in/half out situation, those same voters who returned to labour will be up in arms that that isn't the brexit they voted for !!!!

Ps I have to say though that without the tactical anti SNP voting in Scotland the Tories wouldn't have been able to even form a minority government
That's true and very interesting.

Ruth Davidson seems to be an excellent politician and won't be happy being in any relationship with the DUP

CCFCSteve

That's true and very interesting.

Ruth Davidson seems to be an excellent politician and won't be happy being in any relationship with the DUP

I know ! She's the only Tory of standing that's come out of the election well.

People need to remember this isn't a formal coilition with the DUP, it's pretty much an informal arrangement to pass through big policy issues and the budget. I don't like it but there isn't an alternative as there's not enough support for the other parties to form any kind of messy multi party coilition. I personally think will only last a few months....back to the polls

lifeskyblue

I know ! She's the only Tory of standing that's come out of the election well.

People need to remember this isn't a formal coilition with the DUP, it's pretty much an informal arrangement to pass through big policy issues and the budget. I don't like it but there isn't an alternative as there's not enough support for the other parties to form any kind of messy multi party coilition. I personally think will only last a few months....back to the polls

If you substituted 'informal arrangement' for 'bribe' I would agree with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RegTheDonk

the policy's labour proposed this year completely different to 15 and the tories scored own goal after own goal including may missing leader debates was a big factor and labour still didnt take full advantage
Down to many people still not liking Corbyn I would venture. You see people on the telly and radio saying I've been labour all my life etc etc but I won't vote for that Corbyn. Weather thats down to his IRA links, his stance on nukes, his too lefty approach, the colour of his tie, I don't know. Crying shame but to be honest its more style than substance these days.

Corbyn did well considering he was "unelectable" - many people looked past the man and voted on the plan. Maybe next time round IF the party stop bickering and get on board they might do better.

CCFCSteve

The arrangement with the DUP further highlights Conservative hypocrisy. Having homophobes and creationists in government is a disgrace

As I said earlier, they aren't in government and it's far from ideal (and something I'm not happy with) but there isn't an alternative in terms of trying to provide some sort of short term stability. Do the maths

It won't last though.

Users who are viewing this thread