Brexit Benefits (1 Viewer)

wingy

Genuine question: the Brexit economists planned to wind down car manufacturing, now seem to have decided farming isn’t needed either. What are they proposing we replace these sectors with?

Any Brexiters know? Is it just tax haven Singapore style or is there a plan to invest in any actual industries that create jobs?
We're going to crank up GEC /Marconi again and bypas the FU 5g boatmiss moving straight into 6g.
Manufacture our own electric scooters reducing the need for roads, to build 3d printed homes on along with the billionaire disruptor who finally corners the property market retailing kit form houses at IKEA along with picking the curtains.

shmmeee

We're going to crank up GEC /Marconi again and bypas the FU 5g boatmiss moving straight into 6g.
Manufacture our own electric scooters reducing the need for roads, to build 3d printed homes on along with the billionaire disruptor who finally corners the property market retailing kit form houses at IKEA along with picking the curtains.

Have you been reading Cummings’ blog again?

Grendel

Genuine question: the Brexit economists planned to wind down car manufacturing, now seem to have decided farming isn’t needed either. What are they proposing we replace these sectors with?

Any Brexiters know? Is it just tax haven Singapore style or is there a plan to invest in any actual industries that create jobs?

I don't understand the comment on the car industry

PVA

This is their only response isn't it. 'Be more patriotic!'

Says the party destroying the country. Some patriots they are.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is their only response isn't it. 'Be more patriotic!'

Says the party destroying the country. Some patriots they are.

It's worrying too.

It's the kind of nonsense spouted by leaders who have nothing to offer so do a bit of flag waving. Ends up with xenophobia and in the most extreme cases wars.

Someone needs to point out loving your country doesn't mean saying everything about it is great. It's extolling the things it does well and acknowledging the things it doesn't to improve.

NorthernWisdom

The irony here is it's likely some continental company that owns these water companies.

Nice to see the Government of Norway with a stake...

Yorkshire Water has 34% owned by the SIngapore Government, 13% by New South Wales public sector superannuation schemes...

skybluetony176

Just a thought. With the government giving the green light to water companies to dump untreated effluents directly into rivers and the sea I presume this means that the water companies are exempt from fines for doing so? Couple that with a lower bills for chemicals could be some big dividends paid out to share holders in the next twelve months. If that does happen shouldn’t the dumping of effluent be linked to a rebate to their customers instead of profits to their share holders?

skybluetony176

Nice to see the Government of Norway with a stake...

Yorkshire Water has 34% owned by the SIngapore Government, 13% by New South Wales public sector superannuation schemes...
It’s the same for most things that have been privatised from public ownership in this country, foreign governments end up owning a bigger stake in UK infrastructure than the UK government.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Privatised water is so dumb and ideological. I’m not going to change water supplier because of competition or better product. There’s only one set of water pipes. It’s just a state backed monopoly.

Yep....all natural monopolies should be in public hands.....not run for the benefit of shareholders.

I'm not really sure why this has ended up in a brexit thread tbh? It was Thatcher that started this farce, and then Blair supercharged it......the cunts have been pumping shit into rivers for well over 30 years.....and because OFWAT are not fit for purpose, we're even forced to pay through the nose for the privilege....

clint van damme

Yep....all natural monopolies should be in public hands.....not run for the benefit of shareholders.

I'm not really sure why this has ended up in a brexit thread tbh? It was Thatcher that started this farce, and then Blair supercharged it......the cunts have been pumping shit into rivers for well over 30 years.....and because OFWAT are not fit for purpose, we're even forced to pay through the nose for the privilege....

I think its ended up in this thread because Johnson, or perhaps one of his minions, said something along the lines of we will have improved environmental standards when we leave the EU.

jimmyhillsfanclub

I think its ended up in this thread because Johnson, or perhaps one of his minions, said something along the lines of we will have improved environmental standards when we leave the EU.

Oh I see. ...blimey...this thread will overtake the covid thread if its destined to grow at the same rate that tories lie.....

skybluetony176

That and part of the reason it isn’t being treated is because of availability of the required chemicals which brexit is impacting.

Users who are viewing this thread