Match Thread Brentford (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Yeah I was all for the wingback system if it helped prevent goals. Unfortunately it hasnt.

You could play 10 at the back. but if a player gives the ball away to the centre forward, to allow him through on goal, you will still concede. That wasn't a formation error, it was an individual error. I hope we find a way to cut those out to give ourselves a chance. Next 2 (possibly 3) games will be tough but hopefully we can get something somewhere. If not we'll pick up in March.

Skybluebeliever

You could play 10 at the back. but if a player gives the ball away to the centre forward, to allow him through on goal, you will still concede. That wasn't a formation error, it was an individual error. I hope we find a way to cut those out to give ourselves a chance. Next 2 (possibly 3) games will be tough but hopefully we can get something somewhere. If not we'll pick up in March.
Totally agree doesn’t matter if you play Norwich or Wycombe , if you continue to make the errors we are in the last two games we will get relegated , interesting fadz was put up for pre match interview , does this mean he is playing ?

Otis

Totally agree doesn’t matter if you play Norwich or Wycombe , if you continue to make the errors we are in the last two games we will get relegated , interesting fadz was put up for pre match interview , does this mean he is playing ?
Or scapegoat.

stupot07

Am I the only to have seen nothing in Big Vic to suggest he's deserving of a starting berth?
No you're not, you can see why he didn't feature much for Swansea and why Robins isn't playing him. He wasn't the type of striker we needed.
Except he’s our only striker that’s scored in about 6 games
Biamou scored against Forest 2 games later

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

johnwillomagic

Brentford play 4-3-3......I think we have to go the same formation as them and play our best xi possible

Wilson

Pask Fadz Osti McCallum

Hamer James Sheaf

O'Hare Walker Gyo

Subs: Marosi, DaCosta, Rose, Hyam, Kelly, Shipley, Baka, Biamou, Allen

Great_Expectations

Before the silly mistakes we were in the game against Norwich. I believe it’ll be the same again tomorrow. Unfortunately our games this season also tell us it’s likely we’ll shoot ourselves in the foot again too.

I’m nervous about a combination of MR’s negative set to and a team lacking confidence, and therefore potentially less likely to try things/be expansive or worse case hide. Better Days mitigated that somewhat by saying morale was fine, so MR’s tactics and selection are pivotal tomorrow.

People want us to be more direct, and I get the idea, but you can’t then have Walker and Gyokeres upfront together (or on their own) as that isn’t their game. It isn’t really Biamou’s either but he’s more suited and is a good link player. It should be Bakayoko’s but for whatever reason it isn’t.

Our defence is slow and it’s being exposed this year. I wonder if he’ll give Pask a go, but I doubt it against such strong opposition.

As always, if we show some positivity and attacking impetus we have more chance of getting something. Sitting deep and hoping for a miracle doesn’t suit us.

Tempted to put Sheaf in, but not sure who for, and, more importantly, as we’ve seen before he needs a few games to warm up and hit form. Straight in against Brentford after nothing for a few games isn’t ideal.

Marosi
Ostigard McFadzean Rose
Dacosta Hamer James McCallum
COH
Walker Biamou

ccfc1234

If we are playing in a 352 he will play.

Johhny Blue

Before the silly mistakes we were in the game against Norwich. I believe it’ll be the same again tomorrow. Unfortunately our games this season also tell us it’s likely we’ll shoot ourselves in the foot again too.

I’m nervous about a combination of MR’s negative set to and a team lacking confidence, and therefore potentially less likely to try things/be expansive or worse case hide. Better Days mitigated that somewhat by saying morale was fine, so MR’s tactics and selection are pivotal tomorrow.

People want us to be more direct, and I get the idea, but you can’t then have Walker and Gyokeres upfront together (or on their own) as that isn’t their game. It isn’t really Biamou’s either but he’s more suited and is a good link player. It should be Bakayoko’s but for whatever reason it isn’t.

Our defence is slow and it’s being exposed this year. I wonder if he’ll give Pask a go, but I doubt it against such strong opposition.

As always, if we show some positivity and attacking impetus we have more chance of getting something. Sitting deep and hoping for a miracle doesn’t suit us.

Tempted to put Sheaf in, but not sure who for, and, more importantly, as we’ve seen before he needs a few games to warm up and hit form. Straight in against Brentford after nothing for a few games isn’t ideal.

Marosi
Ostigard McFadzean Rose
Dacosta Hamer James McCallum
COH
Walker Biamou
You’re 100% right. We were in the Norwich game right up to the goal. Unfortunately that was only 28 minutes

shmmeee

Concerning words from Robins about the dressing room. First really big test of his management now to keep everyone together and grind out some results.

no_loyalty

Wilson
Dacosta
Rose
Osti
Fadz
McCallum
Kelly
Hamer
O’Hare
Walker
Gyo

City 1 Brentford 0

ccfcmad1

2-1 City don't hope more than expectation no silly mistakes would be nice come on city to early for a beer?

Nick

Administrator
Isnt it a bit risky to start Kelly?

This is probably out issue, players are out for ages and we don't really bring them back properly. They don't go into the U23 for a runabout, just straight in and get injured again.

Fergusons_Beard

There’s got to be a game where we spoz a couple of those chances we’ve had right in front of goal.

From memory Osti,Hyam, Max, Fadz and O’Hare have missed absolute sitters.

Surely they’ll be a game where we score goals from a deflection off someone’s arse!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread