Match Thread Brentford (1 Viewer)

Rugby Sky Blue

Not expecting much from this one although they have lost their last two. For all of their good attacking play they do look a bit soft at the back. It is a shame we are poor going forward to take advantage of that. A draw would be a fantastic result but I am expecting a 3-0 loss.

stevefloyd

Not expecting much from this one although they have lost their last two. For all of their good attacking play they do look a bit soft at the back. It is a shame we are poor going forward to take advantage of that. A draw would be a fantastic result but I am expecting a 3-0 loss.
They maybe poor at the back but we are worse than poor up front

Paxman II

If you go two up top then O''Hare must play as he is the link.
One up top means an extra man in midfield and that means Sheaf plays. (Kelly not ready for 90 minutes)
Those advocating a rest for hamer are crazy. He is one of our most influential players.
Difficult to put a selection out there to start but hope he does not set us up so not to lose. We should be gunning for Brentford and keep them on the back foot all we can. They have just lost an edge lately so we must pressure them rather than play safe and sit back - we are not good at that.
Osti must play to keep a check on Toney. Morosi is the number 1 and for that reason with not a lot to choose between them he should start. he was the guy who gave our team a real solid look and confidence beore he was injured. It's a statement thing.
Think I would start like this:

................MORSI............
.........MC.FAZ.....OSTI
DE.COSTA.............MC.CALLUM
...........SHEAF.......JAMES........
...............HAMER....................
...............O'HARE.................
........GYKRES.......WALKER...

I think this way we have a lot of the ball. Opposition can't score without the ball. Kelly on 60 minutes.

Jamesimus

3-1 loss but we win the second half 1-0 so Robins and half this forum are buzzing.

I reckon 3-1 loss too, and the other half of this forum start pooing themselves, burning effigies of Robins and trying to choke themselves on Pringles because they were expecting a win in this crucial relegation deciding game...

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I reckon 3-1 loss too, and the other half of this forum start pooing themselves, burning effigies of Robins and trying to choke themselves on Pringles because they were expecting a win in this crucial relegation deciding game...

No, but if they show no fight or desire and the management start doing strange things, people that have paid to watch will justifiably get annoyed.

Jamesimus

No, but if they show no fight or desire and the management start doing strange things, people that have paid to watch will justifiably get annoyed.

Do you think sometimes people confuse a lack of fight and desire with the fact the opposition are clearly far better than us? I do think that happens quite a bit.

I think Robins made one decision that was pretty strange - dropping Osti, but obviously I can also see why he did that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Do you think sometimes people confuse a lack of fight and desire with the fact the opposition are clearly far better than us? I do think that happens quite a bit.

I think Robins made one decision that was pretty strange - dropping Osti, but obviously I can also see why he did that.

Yes, perhaps you are right.

I think the frustration can end up being expended. I was expecting nothing last night so wasn't that bothered, but I did feel that we didn't even really turn up.

A win or two and it'll do everyone a bit of good around here.

ccfc1234

He'll set us up negatively and to not to lose. Seems to be the running theme of the season

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Issue we have is keeping it tight is not working we need to attack. I get Robins has a philosophy but unless your Man City etc. All teams need to adapt to the style of the opposition.

Dickie

One up top means an extra man in midfield and that means Sheaf plays. (Kelly not ready for 90 minutes)
Those advocating a rest for hamer are crazy. He is one of our most influential players.
Difficult to put a selection out there to start but hope he does not set us up so not to lose. We should be gunning for Brentford and keep them on the back foot all we can. They have just lost an edge lately so we must pressure them rather than play safe and sit back - we are not good at that.
Osti must play to keep a check on Toney. Morosi is the number 1 and for that reason with not a lot to choose between them he should start. he was the guy who gave our team a real solid look and confidence beore he was injured. It's a statement thing.

.........MC.FAZ.....OSTI

I think this way we have a lot of the ball. Opposition can't score without the ball. Kelly on 60 minutes.

There’s no chance we will have more possession than Brentford whatever side or formation we use. The best we can hope for is keeping it tight, no silly mistakes, hope they have another off day, and sneak a goal.

Jamesimus

I was expecting nothing last night so wasn't that bothered, but I did feel that we didn't even really turn up.

A win or two and it'll do everyone a bit of good around here.

I defo wasn't expecting anything either. Was slightly surprised that we had a bit of go of things in the second half, but obviously they probably took their foot off the gas at that point.

Still plenty of games left. I'm not expecting anything at Brentford either so I've bought a really strong beer to numb the pain.

cc84cov

There’s no chance we will have more possession than Brentford whatever side or formation we use. The best we can hope for is keeping it tight, no silly mistakes, hope they have another off day, and sneak a goal.
No silly mistakes? We play out from the back with slow defenders on poor pitches - recipe for disaster

pastythegreat

Issue we have is keeping it tight is not working we need to attack. I get Robins has a philosophy but unless your Man City etc. All teams need to adapt to the style of the opposition.
Exactly. The games we come out positive we actually look like a decent outfit that can win games. However, we set up to not lose and just invite pressure on to us and we know that were a penalty waiting to happen or a quick, neat pass away from conceding a goal.
I'd be happy(ier) if we went all out and attacked games. If we went out, played well and lost then fair do's if we get beaten by a better team. But its pissing me off going out to draw with the likes of Blues, Forest (look how that ended twice) and Derby etc.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

stupot07

.........MC.FAZ.....OSTI

Have they lost an edge lately? Yes they have lost 2 games on the bounce but won the previous 4. They are 5th in form table over the last 6 games and 2nd over the last 10.

We are 19th and 20th respectively.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

tommy hutch legend

Really thinks we need to mix the tactics up as well to predictable let the the keeper go long occasionly the back 3/4 play down the channels to front 1/2 and midfield support quickly occasionly .when our build up is so slow and predictable other teams defence is always set and ready I am not saying go long but don't be so predictable it's easy to defend when you know what's coming and it's not going to change !

oakey

Back to the drawing board. We are too slow, rushing everything, making mistakes and dramatically outnumbered in the final third. Has anyone broken our possession stats down to indicate which players have the ball most etc? It seems to me that if our centre backs have most possession then there's our problem.
Just thinking out loud. Sorry if this sounds too basic to the tacticians out there.
Whatever the formation we need our best players to have possession and that needs to be further upfield.
We need Robins to decide which are our best players and how can we get them in possession further forward?

Cov kid 55

Agree with this, the only thing I would say is that, yes, he seems to have dropped Ostigard because of mistakes against Cardiff, but I think that most of us/all of us, would think it was the wrong decision.

fernandopartridge

Brentford are without Pontus Jansson, so more susceptible at the back potentially. They have got Winston Reid on loan from West Ham albeit he's not played much for a long while due to injuries.

Jamesimus

Agree with this, the only thing I would say is that, yes, he seems to have dropped Ostigard because of mistakes against Cardiff, but I think that most of us/all of us, would think it was the wrong decision.

I'm wondering if it was a little more sympathetic than that e.g. he thought Ostigard made the mistakes against Cardiff due to fatigue, so decided initially to rest him against Norwich. But I'm not sure. He must realise he is our best defender.

cov donkey kick

Not expecting anything points wise this game so a good game for us to stick Victor up front as looked effective v Norwich when he came on play him alongside walker in the middle it might be worth playing kelly and James and see what happens, it will make us more solid as for defense pask to start for me CBs wise not sure about any of em, wison in goal
Wilson
Pask hyam Rose mcCallum
Hamer James Kelly
Ohare
Victor walker

Users who are viewing this thread