Match Thread Brentford (3 Viewers)

cc84cov

Expecting changes here no idea how he’s gonna set us up 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sky Blue Harry H

Having seen the second half, with 2 up front, I would hope he would go the same way again. By all accounts Brentford were all over QPR until the last bit of the game, let's hope the ball runs for us, albeit on a sticky pitch, it might not run for anyone!). Joking aside, I would think the players must be looking forward to playing away from home on some better surfaces at the moment, as The Trillion pitch is looking increasingly bad (exacerbated by the lack of pre-season treatment recovery time).

Last edited:
Gets the 3 best midfielders playing together we can bring sheaf in for Kelly late
Extra striker options on the bench as well if a tweak is needed. I think there needed to be some positivity in the formation to give a signal to the players that we want to win and it's not about damage limitations. We may still lose v Brentford but come on who's expecting anything else anyway?

Sky Blue Harry H

If we play with 2 strikers, I think one needs to be Max, to allow the other to play off him (e.g. Rotherham game)

DazzleTommyDazzle

Think O'Hare needs a rest. He was great last season coming off the bench against a tiring defence.

I'd accept that the pitch is rubbish and that we might as well go long.

Try 4-3-3 with Biamou, Walker and Gyokeres up front - James, Hamer and Kelly (or Sheaf if Kelly isn't ready for a full game) in midfield.

cc84cov

Think O'Hare needs a rest. He was great last season coming off the bench against a tiring defence.

I'd accept that the pitch is rubbish and that we might as well go long.

Try 4-3-3 with Biamou, Walker and Gyokeres up front - James, Hamer and Kelly (or Sheaf if Kelly isn't ready for a full game) in midfield.
Biamou walker Gyo gives us 3 natural strikers at least

Magwitch

In my opinion MR Needs to look at tactics and set up and change it. Kelly and James should play they both have nouse, know how, experience and ability, scrap the wing back system so two CBs Osti must be one, our best defender and attacker at set pieces, two full backs a solid midfield
I would go a solid three three and one in between them and two strikers. As said for me Kelly and James play and try Walker and Gyo up front with two from Sheaf/Hamer/O’Hare for the two other spots, personally I think I’d go with O’Hare as an impact sub it worked well last season we won a fair few games late on in games.
Will Robins change though I have my doubts

Jamesimus

Marosi Wilson
Dacosta Pask Ostigard McFadzean Rose McCallum Shipley
Kelly James
O'Hare

2 goalkeepers.
Flat back 9 with 2 holding midfielders.
O'Hare given license to roam provided he doesn't cross the halfway line and defends from the front.

Ref shouldn't notice the extra player.

cc84cov

In my opinion MR Needs to look at tactics and set up and change it. Kelly and James should play they both have nouse, know how, experience and ability, scrap the wing back system so two CBs Osti must be one, our best defender and attacker at set pieces, two full backs a solid midfield
I would go a solid three three and one in between them and two strikers. As said for me Kelly and James play and try Walker and Gyo up front with two from Sheaf/Hamer/O’Hare for the two other spots, personally I think I’d go with O’Hare as an impact sub it worked well last season we won a fair few games late on in games.
Will Robins change though I have my doubts
Kelly & James 1000% have to be the 2 holding players

Magwitch

I agree I think Kelly and James would be good together both flexible too it’s getting the rest right I lean towards Sheaf in the middle Hamer ahead.

Briles

We played wingbacks yesterday and neither ended up on the wing. so we essentially played a flat back 5 and still conceded 2.

Wilson
Dacosta Osti Hyam Mcallum

Kelly Hamer James

Ohare

Max Walker

Frostie

We played wingbacks yesterday and neither ended up on the wing. so we essentially played a flat back 5 and still conceded 2.

Wilson
Dacosta Osti Hyam Mcallum

Kelly Hamer James

Ohare

Max Walker

The wing-backs started off high & our press was really good. As Norwich took over though they were forced deeper & deeper.

The irony of this thread (not you specifically Briles) is everyone demanding 2 up top when it was the Brentford away game earlier in the season where Robins chose to do exactly that & was then lambasted on here for picking the wrong team to try it against.
We ended up having to switch mid game to get an extra man in midfield as they were running rings around us.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Winny the Bish

Despite the recent poor form and all the injuries, that actually looks like a good quality team
The concern with it is Sheaf's lack of mobility on the left, but that's what happens when we have multiple midfielders who hate sprinting.

Reactions: AOM

Offhegoes

Wilson
DaCosta rose osti mccallum
Hamer Kelly James
Walker Biamou O’Hare

Yes, I would go with this team. Don't want to see Allen, Hyam or Shipley in the starting lineup. I would like to see Sheaf back in, but with Kelly & James I don't see how you can play all 3. Eventually I'd like to see Dabo at right back, and DaCosta right midfield.

cc84cov

Yes, I would go with this team. Don't want to see Allen, Hyam or Shipley in the starting lineup. I would like to see Sheaf back in, but with Kelly & James I don't see how you can play all 3. Eventually I'd like to see Dabo at right back, and DaCosta right midfield.
Allen Shipley & hyam cannot be used were in a relegation battle off the bench at best

D

Deleted member 11652

There’s huge issues in the squad now. We now have Hamer, Kelly, James and Sheaf fighting for 2 spots.

We’re leaking goals but can’t go to 4 at the back as we have absolutely 0 width without wingbacks.

Robins seemingly thinks Max is our 2nd best striker and if that is the case then 2 up front is a no go.

We have O’Hare playing attacking midfield on his own with no other option as Allen isn’t even used there anymore.

Robins has put us in this mess with his ridiculously short sighted approach in January. He has to put these pieces together now somehow.

Sheaf, Ostigard and Marosi have to return. Other than that I can’t even imagine what formation or players he can throw out to fix this.

Briles

The wing-backs started off high & our press was really good. As Norwich took over though they were forced deeper & deeper.

The irony of this thread (not you specifically Briles) is everyone demanding 2 up top when it was the Brentford away game earlier in the season where Robins chose to do exactly that & was then lambasted on here for picking the wrong team to try it against.
We ended up having to switch mid game to get an extra man in midfield as they were running rings around us.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Yeah I was all for the wingback system if it helped prevent goals. Unfortunately it hasnt.

Users who are viewing this thread