Match Thread Brentford Match Thread (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

We had the best equalising rate by a margin but we were in the fewest losing positions in the league. I would say that had more to do with team spirit, fight and belief than any in game decisions/tactics.

Fair. The biggest challenge will be keeping that belief, in a division where we will lose a fair bit. If he can do that, then that really is top man management skills.

NorthernWisdom

The point about us acclimatising is entirely valid and as the season goes on you'd hope we'll get closer to these sides. The way some people are going on though we've no hope. How easy would it have been for Luton to declare their trip to Elland Road as a lost cause as some seem to view our trips to places like Brentford? We need to shake off this 'they're too good for us mentality'. It is perfectly OK to acknowledge we lost to a better side, but also point out that some of our play was poor.

That said, I think there is plenty still to come from us and I'm confident we'll be ok.
Isn't it more after the event, pointing out going off on one in total despair is a bit pointless?

Hope to win every game, the manager will drill in we can win every game, but we shouldn't be overly surprised when that doesn't happen.

fernandopartridge

The point about us acclimatising is entirely valid and as the season goes on you'd hope we'll get closer to these sides. The way some people are going on though we've no hope. How easy would it have been for Luton to declare their trip to Elland Road as a lost cause as some seem to view our trips to places like Brentford? We need to shake off this 'they're too good for us mentality'. It is perfectly OK to acknowledge we lost to a better side, but also point out that some of our play was poor.

That said, I think there is plenty still to come from us and I'm confident we'll be ok.
I didn't see the first 28 minutes but we weren't too bad for the 60 after that. I don't recall many chances for Brentford aside from the goals.

SAJ

I didn't see the first 28 minutes but we weren't too bad for the 60 after that. I don't recall many chances for Brentford aside from the goals.
Fairly obvious then you missed the firstv30 minutes. Brentford could have been easily 3-0 up by that stage had it not been for Marosi.

Fergusons_Beard

Fadz has been our best player so far this season.

I’ll think you’ll find it’s Hyam.

Fadz given away a penalty and his loses of
Concentration frightening at times.

Like last year when our run of form coincided with his absence from the back 3-We’ll look better without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ring Of Steel

I’ll think you’ll find it’s Hyam.

Fadz given away a penalty and his loses of
Concentration frightening at times.

Like last year when our run of form coincided with his absence from the back 3-We’ll look better without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You mean our run of form between that lasted from December to the end of the season?

And you’re saying we should drop him?

Each to their own and all that, but that’s just nonsense

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I do not understand the decision to start Bakayako, reportedly fastest man at the club, and then play him in the deeper defensive forward role. He looked out of touch and out of position and the knock on effects of that put Brentford on top from the first minute. Not too bothered about the loss, it was expected, but there's an element of frustration because I don't think we maximised our chances of getting anything out of the game.

I suppose as long as Robins can keep their heads up and we turn up in the games we need points from to finish 4th bottom, then fine.

I agree. It should been the other way round with Godden going for the initial ball for Baka to try and get in behind with his pace. But MR does still seem to be obsessed with getting Baka using his height rather than what he's more comfortable doing. IMO he'd have more likely been a menace to their defence in that more advanced role, plus it gives Godden the chance to sneak into the area a bit late for second ball chances.

Grendel

We have to take something from the Swansea game Tuesday

Or what? It’s very likely we will struggle to get points in the next 3 games,

fernandopartridge

Who knew you'd end up the optimist around here!

It really isn't a catastrophe if we lose a few games, though. Sure, we'd all rather not(!) but it's the way this season will be.
I think it's a bigger shock for people coming off the back of 3 consecutive seasons where we won more games than we lost.
We've definitely got to improve our level of performance, particularly in how we start games but I'm not worrying.
I don't know how much of an impact the prolonged break has had, but it's got to have some. It's equivalent to having your whole squad coming back from injury. Maybe that's what shows in the sluggish way we start games.

NorthernWisdom

I think it's a bigger shock for people coming off the back of 3 consecutive seasons where we won more games than we lost.
We've definitely got to improve our level of performance, particularly in how we start games but I'm not worrying.
I don't know how much of an impact the prolonged break has had, but it's got to have some. It's equivalent to having your whole squad coming back from injury. Maybe that's what shows in the sluggish way we start games.
Couple that with the fact our training seems to be geared to ending the season stronger, you'd expect us to improve as the season goes on, too. Just got to make sure confidence doesn't take too much of a battering.

Snouty72

Brentford owned the first 30 minutes. We came back into the game. After the break they scored but we probably had more of the game after that. At the beginning of the season we'd have said we'd struggle to beat Brentford but we challenged and a goal mid second half and it could have been a very different result. Early days but we need to make sure we get results against the bottom half a d we'll be ok. Imho

Sick Boy

Brentford owned the first 30 minutes. We came back into the game. After the break they scored but we probably had more of the game after that. At the beginning of the season we'd have said we'd struggle to beat Brentford but we challenged and a goal mid second half and it could have been a very different result. Early days but we need to make sure we get results against the bottom half a d we'll be ok. Imho
Wouldn’t say we really challenged them, they took their foot off the pedal once 2-0 up.

Evo1883

Where has this robins arrogance rubbish come from 😂 I don't understand why he is arrogant by not putting a third sub on 🤷🏿‍♀️
We all knew people would start turning on him after a few results... It's standard Ccfc... They will want him gone in a month more tops.

They forget where we've come from, they also forget what else we usually hire... Weve only ever got it right once in the last 20 years and that man is still here

Snouty72

Wouldn’t say we really challenged them, they took their foot off the pedal once 2-0 up.
Agree to disagree. If Godden had scored then surely Brentford are going to be thinking we were 2 nil up against Preston and we could lose again. We held our own and in my opinion challenged. They had some injuries as well so we had the chance to push

Brighton Sky Blue

Agree to disagree. If Godden had scored then surely Brentford are going to be thinking we were 2 nil up against Preston and we could lose again. We held our own and in my opinion challenged. They had some injuries as well so we had the chance to push

No they got bored

Esoterica

We all knew people would start turning on him after a few results... It's standard Ccfc... They will want him gone in a month more tops.

They forget where we've come from, they also forget what else we usually hire... Weve only ever got it right once in the last 20 years and that man is still here
Technically twice then :p

Users who are viewing this thread