Match Thread Brentford Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Garryb80

Nope

What utter bollox is calling Fadz player of the season so far...

And yes he very definitely is the weak link in the back 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
He has been outstanding this season and is fair to say he is indeed player of the season so far. He wins almost every header, has made several crucial tackles and even scored his first goal.
To quote yourself what is utter bollocks is your clearly incorrect opinion which is very Grendel-esque.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I dont get why we are only criticising our players come on give them a break man they have been going at it after a 6 month break its no wonder they are not playing to their full ability yet its been said before ‘Its as though the whole team have come back from an injury’. We are playing some big teams for the first time in ages not Newport not Southend where we should expect nothing less than a win. Give them a break let them play their best and enjoy the time we have in the Championship because we can go down it is not impossible.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

He has been outstanding this season and is fair to say he is indeed player of the season so far. He wins almost every header, has made several crucial tackles and even scored his first goal.
To quote yourself what is utter bollocks is your clearly incorrect opinion which is very Grendel-esque.
Not another Grendel ☹️

Esoterica

Nope

McFadzean has played really well this season individually, superb recovery to cover for Hyam's lack of pace when their striker went through on goal in the first half yesterday. I think he has been a bit guilty of dragging the back 3 too deep when we are under pressure and looking for space to play, which causes its own problems when we are being pressed hard by the opposition, especially when we don't have up top pace up front to worry their backline - the outlet of a ball over the top isn't an option with Godden there.

Evo1883

Nope

Can this response be pinned as the worst possible football related opinion this forum has seen for 4 years?

There's bullshit and then there's this

shmmeee

I don’t see how we can play this season without either pace to stretch them or a proper target man to make the ball stick when we go long. Hoping Walker adds the former but yesterday even our pacey players like Giles and Pask weren’t making much headway again their defence.

Evo1883

I think looking back at yesterday's match which was always going to be difficult anyway... We set up wrong which basically gave us no chance to begin with... I will be the first to say the management got it wrong... because it was clear as day the way they overloaded our midfield was down to the way we set up... It allowed them to effectively pin back our wing backs and keep us deep....

Hopefully lesson learnt..

mr_monkey

To lose away at Brentford is no big deal - they will beat most teams at home.

Absolutely this, they were so so unlucky to not go up automatically last season and we aren't embarrassed by them, the hysteria on here id baffling... Going into this season our aim would be to stay up, I still think we will easily do this but people need to chill the fuck out when we do lose to teams like Bournemouth and Brentford

Brighton Sky Blue

Absolutely this, they were so so unlucky to not go up automatically last season and we aren't embarrassed by them, the hysteria on here id baffling... Going into this season our aim would be to stay up, I still think we will easily do this but people need to chill the fuck out when we do lose to teams like Bournemouth and Brentford

I’ve been saying for months that I’d be delighted with 21st but making the mistakes we are at the moment we’ll struggle against anyone. We have seriously got to improve with our decision making and accuracy in possession

Grendel

I dont get why we are only criticising our players come on give them a break man they have been going at it after a 6 month break its no wonder they are not playing to their full ability yet its been said before ‘Its as though the whole team have come back from an injury’. We are playing some big teams for the first time in ages not Newport not Southend where we should expect nothing less than a win. Give them a break let them play their best and enjoy the time we have in the Championship because we can go down it is not impossible.

Id change your username if I was you

Happy_Martian

Disappointing, not unexpected. But reasons to be cheerful. First goal was poor to concede. Giles rehearsing his role as Bambi on ice for this years Panto and while Toney has long legs, his body was still goalside of the last defender. Offside. 2nd goal was similar to Goddens against QPR. Ball lofted to far post and striker backs off defenders who ball watch. He could have headed that anywhere in the goal and Marosi wouldn't have had a chance.

Reading the Brentford forum, aside from the couple that expect us to be in trouble at the end of the season, quite a few were complimentary about our style and how we pushed at the end of both halves. Okay, the game was sealed by then but it shows we are learning how to get at these "better" teams and are growing into games. Just need to learn to keep a clean sheet until the last 15 mins so we have a chance :D

We all knew these 6 or 7 games in Oct/Nov would be tough and half way through, there's nothing new to report. We are getting outpossessed but from all that possession, we're not conceding many goals as many feared (myself included). Each game is a learning opportunity and our team have proven in the past they pick up the lessons quickly.

Grendel

I’ve been saying for months that I’d be delighted with 21st but making the mistakes we are at the moment we’ll struggle against anyone. We have seriously got to improve with our decision making and accuracy in possession

It’s essential we stay up

if you look at Barnsley’s accounts it’s £5 million extra TV money when in this league and it’s higher than match revenues for us.

Barnsley lost £3 million in the promotion season and just about broke even when last in the championship

the club needs survival to accumulate the extra revenue or there’s unlikely to be a way back

Also it’s odds on the PL will end up reducing its numbers and the championship becoming a PL 2 - it’s vital we stay up

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s essential we stay up

if you look at Barnsley’s accounts it’s £5 million extra TV money when in this league and it’s higher than match revenues for us.

Barnsley lost £3 million in the promotion season and just about broke even when last in the championship

the club needs survival to accumulate the extra revenue or there’s unlikely to be a way back

Also it’s odds on the PL will end up reducing its numbers and the championship becoming a PL 2 - it’s vital we stay up

Agree 100%

Grendel

Agree 100%

The real problem is leaking goals. Mcfazdean probably has exceeded expectations- Hyam gets a good press on here but he clearly is struggling to adjust and isn’t getting tight enough to his man. I suspect he’s trying to compensate for lack of pace but it’s not working

Brighton Sky Blue

The real problem is leaking goals. Mcfazdean probably has exceeded expectations- Hyam gets a good press on here but he clearly is struggling to adjust and isn’t getting tight enough to his man. I suspect he’s trying to compensate for lack of pace but it’s not working

McF is using his experience to compensate for the other shortcomings but the rest are relatively young and have no experience at this level. I could live with that though if we didn’t surrender possession so easily which makes it so hard to create anything or give a bit of respite for the defence

Ccfcisparks

Personally thought Hyam far and away was our best defender against Bournemouth and looked most accomplished at that level. The issue defensively IMO has come from the wingbacks.

SlowerThanPlatt

In 4 of our 5 games this season we’ve needed to score at least 3 goals to win a game.

From memory we did that 3 times in League One

Grendel

Personally thought Hyam far and away was our best defender against Bournemouth and looked most accomplished at that level. The issue defensively IMO has come from the wingbacks.

Wingbacks was always going to be an issue at this level

covcity4life

We need more pace in final third

Can't get all recruitment done in 1 summer

If we manage to survive then I expect next season players like godden Allen Shipley Kelly Mcfadz baka will all be gone

Not because they are bad but we need to improve yesr upon yesr and championship is a league where better quality ks rewuired

Users who are viewing this thread