Match Thread Brentford Match Thread (3 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Amazes me today when we begin to whip crosses in after we’ve took a striker off for a midfield player leaving another striker on the bench

Strange

But were we finally able to get the crosses in because we'd got the extra man in midfield to give us a bit more time?

Covkid1968#

We knew this was a loss before we kicked a ball. It’s that bottom half mini league between 10/11 championship teams we need to be in the mix with. We have enough quality to avoid relegation

Reactions: vow

Brighton Sky Blue

Still poor in possession, still sloppy at the back and relying on the opposition's generosity to keep the score down. Last 2 weeks have not been used well and it's just going to be more of the same next week. At least make it hard for them and show less fear

stupot07

Still poor in possession, still sloppy at the back and relying on the opposition's generosity to keep the score down. Last 2 weeks have not been used well and it's just going to be more of the same next week. At least make it hard for them and show less fear
100%

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stay_up_skyblues

MR gets some criticism for picking the wrong formation. We looked better when we reverted to our usual game. The extra man in midfield freed up Giles to get forward and put decent balls in. Yes Brentford sat back after the goals but the fact is with the exception of one or two games last season we routinely get overrun and lose the midfield when we go two up top. That said, even if we started with the formation and team that finished match, we‘d still have lost the game. They’re simply much better side than us.

Tuesday may be a different prospect if Kelly plays alongside Sheaf. I would at least expect us to put up more of a fight from the off but anticipate a defeat against a better side.

Sky Blue Harry H

Doesn't cost millions to try harder, work harder, not give stupid passes away, track runners, or get more men in the box when we're getting crosses in. Both this game and Bournemouth were poor performances despite the cash difference. Todays scoreline flattered us.

Sorry Stupot, but of all the things you can accuse the team of today, not trying and working their hardest is not one of them.
Not sure what people were expecting from this season, but some teams are a totally different level to us, and we are going to need the odd break or two (Toney offside, Godden hits underside of the bar) in games to get anything. It is the other games against the middle to lower level of this division where we need to pick up the points. Games against the higher level, sometimes we are going to suffer. Some of the posts on here remind me of the League 1 relegation season.

Sky Blue Harry H

We have players on the bench who need game time. Its just arrogance.

Explain the 'arrogance' element - do you have some insight as to MR's behaviour? You may not agree with his decision making, but when he doesn't do what you would do, why do you think it is only because he is being arrogant. He may just have a different opinion to you perhaps?

Brighton Sky Blue

Sorry Stupot, but of all the things you can accuse the team of today, not trying and working their hardest is not one of them.
Not sure what people were expecting from this season, but some teams are a totally different level to us, and we are going to need the odd break or two (Toney offside, Godden hits underside of the bar) in games to get anything. It is the other games against the middle to lower level of this division where we need to pick up the points. Games against the higher level, sometimes we are going to suffer. Some of the posts on here remind me of the League 1 relegation season.

It's fair to say we're playing teams that are better than us all round. It's also fair to say we've made their jobs easier than they needed to be. Look at Rotherham against Norwich today, nobody expects us to win these games but they do expect to see us do the basics right and today we gave 2 criminal goals away

cc84cov

Robins seems happy with the last 25 altho Toney was off then and clearly Brentford took their foot off the gas

jordan210

Explain the 'arrogance' element - do you have some insight as to MR's behaviour? You may not agree with his decision making, but when he doesn't do what you would do, why do you think it is only because he is being arrogant. He may just have a different opinion to you perhaps?

We have seen it a few times when he has got a selection wrong that is appears unwilling to make changes.

Why would you not bring on fresh legs at 2-0 down vs a team who have been playing us off the park ?

stupot07

It's fair to say we're playing teams that are better than us all round. It's also fair to say we've made their jobs easier than they needed to be. Look at Rotherham against Norwich today, nobody expects us to win these games but they do expect to see us do the basics right and today we gave 2 criminal goals away
We beat QPR, Bournemouth gave us a spanking, but QPR drew 0-0 with then today.

Tommo1993

Our team is still so League One, some League Two even. We’re crying out for Liam Kelly, a L2 regular. Why can’t people see that the higher teams will make us look pish for the most part?! If it’s said that the objective is to stay up, why wet the bed when Brentford beat us? Contradictions on here are mental.

Sky Blue Harry H

Rotherham lost at home to Norwich? Norwich have started slowly this season.
First 'criminal' goal was offside according to others (Giles fell over). We defended well for the rest of the game and they scored one poor (ish) goal. They are a team with some very good players and i thought we defended well. It was further up the pitch that we struggled.

Esoterica

I do not understand the decision to start Bakayako, reportedly fastest man at the club, and then play him in the deeper defensive forward role. He looked out of touch and out of position and the knock on effects of that put Brentford on top from the first minute. Not too bothered about the loss, it was expected, but there's an element of frustration because I don't think we maximised our chances of getting anything out of the game.

I suppose as long as Robins can keep their heads up and we turn up in the games we need points from to finish 4th bottom, then fine.

Brighton Sky Blue

All week I’ve heard loads of people I know talking about having a slight cough most people I know have no taste or smell it’s absolutely rife right now I know that much

I've been in school for 7 weeks and out of about 2,000 people around 4 have had symptoms

Brighton Sky Blue

Rotherham lost at home to Norwich? Norwich have started slowly this season.
First 'criminal' goal was offside according to others (Giles fell over). We defended well for the rest of the game and they scored one poor (ish) goal. They are a team with some very good players and i thought we defended well. It was further up the pitch that we struggled.

The first half was a horror show

Users who are viewing this thread