Boddy Update (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
This belief that Wasps didn’t think the EFL deadline was important, or something to be worked to smells as bad as Wasps last statement.

This is why they should be asked how much they knew about it. Yeah, we may well have been able to move back in December but it has been pretty obvious that Boddy and people like Tynan Scope / Mike Reid have been really pissed off by it.

shmmeee

Not sure it is as simple as that as the EFL have been working out fixtures I think? That would have had to be worked around with BCFC too now they are in the same league. It also could end up with us pissing BCFC off by messing them about.

I think it's pretty obvious Wasps were asked to do the deal before the deadline so it could be done in time for the EFL. Wasps have hardly refuted any of that have they?

That's why I have asked Journos to ask Wasps directly if they knew about the deadline etc.

Mate. We tried to do it last season. We did it at Sixfields. This isn’t some hypothetical, it’s proven we can start at one ground and carry on negotiating in the hope of moving home.

The EFL said this two days ago, does that sound like an organisation that’ll force us to play in Brum if we had a deal in Cov?

A3253AD1-DE00-4433-B2FF-8F1CD7474CEB.jpeg

ccfc92

I just hope recent events break the stalemate.

We severely need to capitalise on our recent success on the pitch, if we are going to survive the 5 year wait for a new stadium.

Nick

Administrator
Mate. We tried to do it last season. We did it at Sixfields. This isn’t some hypothetical, it’s proven we can start at one ground and carry on negotiating in the hope of moving home.

The EFL said this two days ago, does that sound like an organisation that’ll force us to play in Brum if we had a deal in Cov?

View attachment 16086

We don't have a deal though. It may well be the case a few months down the line but maybe the impression that people doing the negotiations felt they were being messed about again was a bit too much?

It wouldn't be the first time ACL have fucked about with negotiations just to humour CCFC while they were up to something else would it?

Wasps came in with a cool, slick PR approach. Wetting everybody up, why aren't they now destroying things that Boddy is saying? They start by saying they want to disprove things but don't disprove anything that Boddy has said.

NorthernWisdom

This belief that Wasps didn’t think the EFL deadline was important, or something to be worked to smells as bad as Wasps last statement.
I think the point more is that it doesn't have to be endgame. Of course the deadline's important in its own way, but the EFL have been renowned for being piss-poor with enforcing anything anyway, and a move back to Coventry would hardly cause oiutcry among the fans. If we already had the deal with Birmingham we'd be breaking it anyway, so breaking it a week or two later is no big deal. I appreciate at some stage you have to announce where you're playing, but that's not the end. if it was, we'd never have gone back to the Ricoh anyway...

There's always 2021-2022 to negotiate, anyway(!) Next season is maybe a bit irrelevant where we end up, due to circumstance, but we may as well get a head start on negotiations for then... or burn bridges right now!

As an aside, when did negotiations for 2020-2021 start up? What was the base that was different to when they stopped for 2019-2020, that allowed them to start up again? Somebody must have given something, otherwise the conversation would be 'still after an indemnity?' 'Yep' 'OK, see you next season then'. Apparently Boddy was still talking to Wasps even after the deal broke off last season, so at some stage something would change, wouldn't it? Otherwise they're all sitting in a room at a suitable social distance, watching classic EastEnders episodes and Wheeler Dealers!

clint van damme

View attachment 16086

not really relevant to be honest, if wasps really have taken that approach to EFL deadlines then it shows a huge amount of disrespect on their part.
Like you I'm sure if an agreement was reached tomorrow then the EFL would be fine with it but to me it's a little indicator of wasps attitude.
Couple that with the twist and shout tweet and not reigning in Andy Goode on Twitter it's all little things that start to build a picture for me.

shmmeee

We don't have a deal though. It may well be the case a few months down the line but maybe the impression that people doing the negotiations felt they were being messed about again was a bit too much?

It wouldn't be the first time ACL have fucked about with negotiations just to humour CCFC while they were up to something else would it?

Im not getting into that. All I’m saying is I’d like to hear from CCFC why they ended negotiations.

Why was Boddy giving interviews like this where he said the problem is “the legal issues” and they were still talking but those legal issues prevented any serious progress?

Now I’m supposed to believe we got to a point where negotiations could start but then broke down “for the same reasons”? Well why did they start then? What changed?

Or articles like this interview with Tynan Scope that clearly says the St Andrews deal can be stopped at any time and we can go back to the Ricoh mid season?

You expect me to believe they just got a bit bored? And to accept that as a reason my club isn’t home? Get to fuck.

Wasps: spit it out and tell us what you want
CCFC: stop blatant lies and tell us what the issue is.

Grendel

Just checked no. Joy said she was happy to waive the ndas if all other parties were too.

Im afraid I suspect this is nonsense

The NDA will have a term and conditions where you could put info in the public domain if that issue has been mentioned

The indemnity issue is now an argument in the public domain with both parties so it’s beyond credibility any communication specific to that issue only could be challenged

eastwoodsdustman

Im not getting into that. All I’m saying is I’d like to hear from CCFC why they ended negotiations.

Why was Boddy giving interviews like this where he said the problem is “the legal issues” and they were still talking but those legal issues prevented any serious progress?

Now I’m supposed to believe we got to a point where negotiations could start but then broke down “for the same reasons”? Well why did they start then? What changed?

Or articles like this interview with Tynan Scope that clearly says the St Andrews deal can be stopped at any time and we can go back to the Ricoh mid season?

You expect me to believe they just got a bit bored? And to accept that as a reason my club isn’t home? Get to fuck.

I’d hazard a guess that The issue is The council.

ccfcway

So what’s to stop our next step being ccfc public submit the offer to rent the Ricoh with the amount blacked out and a note to make clear at no point in this contract includes a indemnity clause ?

instead of playing he said / she said, let’s just resubmit the offer with no indemnity (which according to wasps isn’t in there anyway) and get back home until the new stadium is built.

i get the negative feelingS towards the Ricoh, but at least another 4 years away will be woeful for us.

if the tide is turning, now more than ever we need to keep turning the screw to get back.

Nick

Administrator

What about the third party?

shmmeee

not really relevant to be honest, if wasps really have taken that approach to EFL deadlines then it shows a huge amount of disrespect on their part.
Like you I'm sure if an agreement was reached tomorrow then the EFL would be fine with it but to me it's a little indicator of wasps attitude.
Couple that with the twist and shout tweet and not reigning in Andy Goode on Twitter it's all little things that start to build a picture for me.

It’s been nothing but disrespect on all sides for seven years! Why the sudden preciousness? And they didn’t say that they got pissed off with being messed about. They mentioned the EFL deadline even though it makes no sense.

All I’m asking is that you have the same scepticism of all sides.
I’d hazard a guess that The issue is The council.

Why would Boddy lie about that to protect them?

mr_monkey

Very fair points but what if wasps did what they did last year and move the goalposts at the last minute?

Also they haven't refuted the claim that they didn't instruct lawyers until Monday morning when the original EFL deadline was Monday evening, that shows some buggering about happened doesn't it (don't get me wrong I think there has been some shifty shit all around but as wasps haven't really said anything I have nowt to go on from their side)

Nick

Administrator
It’s been nothing but disrespect on all sides for seven years! Why the sudden preciousness? And they didn’t say that they got pissed off with being messed about. They mentioned the EFL deadline even though it makes no sense.

He seems pretty pissed off about being messed about:

Throughout my three-and-a-half-year career at the club, Wasps have consistently and flagrantly ignored critical deadlines set for us by the EFL and treated them and those deadlines with disrespect. In fact, they only instructed solicitors to act for them on Monday morning when they were well aware of the Monday 5pm deadline.

“It happened regularly when we agreed the one-year extension to our last license for the 2018-19 season. The EFL have been nothing but supportive during the whole period of time I have been at the Club.”

Yeah you are right, it could well be Boddy making everything up but then why aren't the PR masters at Wasps doing anything but scoring own goals?

shmmeee

What about the third party?

I always know when I’ve beaten you in an argument because you go off on a random tangent, you know that.

The third party is probably the council, we’ve been over this. Is there was no need to prevent legal action against a third party then talks wouldn’t have broken off last year because Sisus original undertaking would’ve been enough.

Why are they repackaging old news? Again, makes no sense but you’ve picked up the talking point. Just like the EFL deadline.

clint van damme

I am sceptical of all sides which is why i'm trying to glean as much information from what's coming out before I commit to what will amount to I'd imagine is 700 quids worth of season tickets. But at the minute the points are totting up against wasps.
And it's not sudden preciousness, it would be hard for wasps to do anything that could make me hate them more.
But If sisu have been feeding us bullshit over the last few days then wasps need to up their game because they're taking a PR battering.

Nick

Administrator
I always know when I’ve beaten you in an argument because you go off on a random tangent, you know that.

The third party is probably the council, we’ve been over this. Is there was no need to prevent legal action against a third party then talks wouldn’t have broken off last year because Sisus original undertaking would’ve been enough.

Why are they repackaging old news? Again, makes no sense but you’ve picked up the talking point. Just like the EFL deadline.

I'm not going off anywhere. I am talking about this year.

It may well be that Wasps and Boddy agreed things, rent prices etc but maybe the Third Party stuck their noses in?

The "third party" are very relevant.

Grendel

On this I’m alarmingly starting to take your side

Nick

Administrator
But If sisu have been feeding us bullshit over the last few days then wasps need to up their game because they're taking a PR battering.

Exactly, they have been full of contradictions. They have contradicted the council etc.

They no longer have the "It was all SISU" line that they took advantage of over the years and have to start actually answering and proving things.

It could well be that Boddy is speaking absolute shite but when he is putting things out there that Wasps could easily blow out of the water and they haven't got an answer for them it looks a bit strange.

djr8369

In fairness the club have said the time limit was up so presumably a decision was needed for the EFL. Both sides seem to have closed the door on talks taking place again depsite it being clear we could return mid-season, as you say, so something doesn't add up there. Agree with the point on how talks started if the sames issues exist. A specific point that needs to be questioned.

shmmeee

On this I’m alarmingly starting to take your side

Believe me I'm as freaked out as you are :p

To be clear: Wasps could be a lot better. The Twist and Shout tweet was tasteless and should've at least been deleted once it was pointed out. The statement could have gone a lot further in saying they'd drop the NDA, or being clear on what they're asking. But CCFC's story is full of holes too, and we've got a direct line to them, so I'd like some clarification. In an ideal world we'd get the same from Wasps, but reality is they've got no need to talk to us so we're a bit screwed.

Nick

Administrator
Believe me I'm as freaked out as you are

To be clear: Wasps could be a lot better. The Twist and Shout tweet was tasteless and should've at least been deleted once it was pointed out. The statement could have gone a lot further in saying they'd drop the NDA, or being clear on what they're asking. But CCFC's story is full of holes too, and we've got a direct line to them, so I'd like some clarification. In an ideal world we'd get the same from Wasps, but reality is they've got no need to talk to us so we're a bit screwed.

I agree, they should also be questioned.

Wasps being cunts doesn't make sisu immune. Hopefully Pete or mark can ask a few questions or there would be another statement on the way.

I'm just not sure why wasps are scoring own goal after own goal. It doesn't add up. They had been working on it for a couple of days and that statement disproved nothing.

I still don't think there's a smoking gun in terms of the EU stuff. I get the impression that they club feel more united with fans and feel they will be backed. If it was 2015 people would have been cheering wasps for kicking us out.

Calling out wasps about this doesn't also mean a free pass for the new stadium stuff either. Of course they should be providing solid updates as and when.

djr8369

Believe me I'm as freaked out as you are :p

The wasps statement is crap considering how long they had to plan it but yeah I'm not sure it's indicitive of anything sinister yet.

shmmeee

I agree, they should also be questioned.

Wasps being cunts doesn't make sisu immune. Hopefully Pete or mark can ask a few questions or there would be another statement on the way.

I'm just not sure why wasps are scoring own goal after own goal. It doesn't add up.

I still don't think there's a smoking gun in terms of the EU stuff. I get the impression that they club feel more united with fans and feel they will be backed. If it was 2015 people would have been cheering wasps for kicking us out.

Calling out wasps about this doesn't also mean a free pass for the new stadium stuff either. Of course they should be providing solid updates as and when.

It doesn't add up. I normally run things past my basic theory of what's going on and can make it fit, I can't this time. I can't understand why talks started again when they couldn't last season because of the same issues. And I can't understand why CCFC have flounced the way they have, and I can't understand why Wasps haven't just said 'Yeah we'd love to drop the NDA if all other parties do' even if they know damn well they won't. Add in as I say a rumour I heard that Sisu wanted part ownership (again not at all a strong rumour, but might explain some of the progress on talks, but then why the stadium announcement?). Then why is the state aid case still not resolved after 16 months? Is it just corona or does it show there's a likelihood it's going ahead?

Most of all though: Why play Jodi Jones in CM?

djr8369

I don't get why they would need "protecting" though? Unless there's a shenanigan with another of their businesses.
You're reading too much into the term protection though, NIck. All they said is an NDA is there to protect commercial interests, which is true. It doesn't mean anything sinister.

MalcSB

I think that convo probably takes us back to when people knew about the EU complaint. Wasn’t the accusation that all legal action was dropped then the EU case turned up? Then there was/is all the stuff about the EU case being legal action etc...
....and eventually to shmeeeees point earlier that arguing over the technicalities is fruitless.
I’m not sure that arguing over the technicalities is fruitless, they can often be the entire basis of lawsuits.

Fergusons_Beard

Fucking Hell Shmee City & SISU have taken an absolute battering for 7 years.

Most City fans swallowed the rhetoric, the PR machine & the spin of the council/Wasps.

A few on here stuck to there guns asked question of all sides and tried to tell the rest to open their fucking eyes to what really was going on.

Of course Wasps Bond will be hurt by CCFC not playing games at the Ricoh-it’s a valuable source of income and good publicity. Especially as they’ve had terrible news with salary caps, TV deals & players leaving.

A lot of city fans are having a sudden awakening about how it might not necessarily be all SISU’s fault and that the WASPS & CCC have got a lot to answer for.

I honestly don’t get it and I don’t understand why you have a sudden loyalty to fairness when the football club has been treated unfairly since the council stepped in to help build the Ricoh.

Btw I am a fan who thinks that the City Council should have given the Ricoh to the football team or at least helped them to secure playing in the city.

It would have happened and HAS happened in many other parts of the country.

Who gives a fuck about what CCFC owners would’ve done if they had the stadium-we are Coventry City fans and ultimately it would have benefitted the club AND the city.

THAT terrible decision to sell to Wasps has and continues to have massive ramifications-nothing wrong with calling to task those that made and influenced it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grendel

I never had you down as the anti SISU campaigner ;)

I’ve always said dance with the best devil which has always been them but if the best they can offer now is a picture of a field in WU I’m losing interest

Users who are viewing this thread