Boddy Update (1 Viewer)

Covstu

and there it is!

AFCCOVENTRY

Following the statement by Wasps late on Friday night, Coventry City Chief Executive Dave Boddy has sought to respond to incorrect claims made by the Ricoh Arena landlords, and to clarify the situation for fans and in the interests of transparency and honesty regarding the situation.

Boddy said:

“For Wasps to say that Coventry City 'pulled out' of talks is absolutely disingenuous.

“CCFC had a deadline from the EFL of Monday 20th July at 5pm to inform them where we would be playing our home games for the 20-21 season. This date had been known to Wasps for some weeks. I personally twice told Stephen Vaughan (Wasps CEO) the date and all parties engaged in the process had been sent written confirmation of this deadline from the EFL some weeks ago.

“The principle and concept of an indemnity against Wasps and a third party was absolutely a requirement, and this indemnity would have put the Football Club at substantial risk and jeopardise its very future.

“We would be happy to produce correspondence to support all of our claims but unfortunately we are bound by the NDA, which we signed at the start of talks at the insistence of Wasps.

“Because progress was being made the EFL extended the deadline twice during this week to Friday; and on that expiry we were instructed by them to confirm where we would play. All parties in the process were well aware of these extensions.

“We were faced with exactly the same problem last season, and were effectively 'timed out' by them again.”

Boddy added:

“Throughout my three-and-a-half-year career at the club, Wasps have consistently and flagrantly ignored critical deadlines set for us by the EFL and treated them and those deadlines with disrespect. In fact, they only instructed solicitors to act for them on Monday morning when they were well aware of the Monday 5pm deadline.

“It happened regularly when we agreed the one-year extension to our last license for the 2018-19 season. The EFL have been nothing but supportive during the whole period of time I have been at the Club.”

clint van damme

we need to get protesting at their games, not the friendly, olive branch bollocks with no one there we did before.
We need to do something high profile and disruptive with numbers. I'm a gallon in admittedly (!) but we need to show some fucking backbone, if it doesn't work so fucking what?

Lets give them something else to think about and if Eastwood invites anyone up for tea and biscuits tell him to fuck off.

jordan210

giphy.gif

hill83

Boddy added:

“Throughout my three-and-a-half-year career at the club, Wasps have consistently and flagrantly ignored critical deadlines set for us by the EFL and treated them and those deadlines with disrespect. In fact, they only instructed solicitors to act for them on Monday morning when they were well aware of the Monday 5pm deadline.

“It happened regularly when we agreed the one-year extension to our last license for the 2018-19 season. The EFL have been nothing but supportive during the whole period of time I have been at the Club.”

FUCK WASPS

Evo1883

Covstu

we need to get protesting at their games, not the friendly, olive branch bollocks with no one there we did before.
We need to do something high profile and disruptive with numbers. I'm a gallon in admittedly (!) but we need to show some fucking backbone, if it doesn't work so fucking what?

Lets give them something else to think about and if Eastwood invites anyone up for tea and biscuits tell him to fuck off.
It just demonstrates that both sides cannot coexist in the same city. Don’t trust either parties but would like to think SISU are in the right but they still have a mountain to climb to gain trust. I hope they turn the seats black and yellow, take our bricks out and remove the crest. I am sick of the sight of the place and everytime I hear this going off I’m sick of the place. Fuck em

shepardo01

Posted this in "statement" thread,

Interesting chat had today:
-CCFC offered deals to Wasps. "VERY good deals for Wasps"
-Wasps kept moving goalposts each time.
-This scenario known about for a little while.
-Club knew wasps would come back with statements such as that released last night.
- Warwick statement had disturbed them - but released after numerous offers from CCFC to Wasps.
BEST TIL LAST....
- Wasps are lying (statement last night) and need to be careful what they say!!!

Very interesting....

Obviously we have our sky blue glasses on but again, seems wasps are lying and maybe getting away with it again.
(Henley/accounts/"drop legals")

D

Deleted member 4232

Wasps say no indemnity on legal case. As the EU isn’t a legal case. Looks like a nice play on words
This.

The indemnity agreement might exist but not against legal proceedings - they're (indemnity clauses or assurances) generally around covering losses in the event of x y or z. If Wasps are trying to get CCFC to sign an agreement covering losses for anyone but themselves, it's shady - don't like the 3rd party bit at all and would be really interested in who or what it is.

The cynical part of me thinks the bond scheme, that Wasps are committed to, is getting dragged in to discussions with CCFC - I just have a feeling.

Personally love the idea of the city owning and operating a 20k. Screw wasps.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
He dont piss about does he?

Reads as if Wasps were doing the council's trick of not replying knowing there was a deadline.

clint van damme

It just demonstrates that both sides cannot coexist in the same city. Don’t trust either parties but would like to think SISU are in the right but they still have a mountain to climb to gain trust. I hope they turn the seats black and yellow, take our bricks out and remove the crest. I am sick of the sight of the place and everytime I hear this going off I’m sick of the place. Fuck em

that's the thing, they shouldn't be here and are a bunch of wankers, even if Boddys statement is bullshit they're cunts and deserve all the fucking shit we can throw at them.

Covstu

Wasps knew what they were doing all this time. Purposely pushing us to the wire before they engaged in the hope to distress us with weaker commercial terms.
Yep transfer deadline deal but we didn’t fold and give in. Both sides drop the NDA and then let’s see their cards

AFCCOVENTRY

Wait for the counter release from Wasps now. Will put it back on us. But if there’s one person I trust it’s Boddy. He’s a genuine guy. Even heard Robins after the game today where he was asked if he was sad about not returning to the Ricoh and he said ‘playing in Coventry is important’. Boat has sailed with Wasps ground.

Nick

Administrator
“The principle and concept of an indemnity against Wasps and a third party was absolutely a requirement, and this indemnity would have put the Football Club at substantial risk and jeopardise its very future.

We would be happy to produce correspondence to support all of our claims but unfortunately we are bound by the NDA, which we signed at the start of talks at the insistence of Wasps.

It's almost as if it is Wasps that wouldn't talk to city fans unless the fans were locked into an NDA and didn't mention it as well.

You just know that the email correspondence and proof is all there waiting to be posted.

Users who are viewing this thread