Boddy Update (2 Viewers)

covmark

Been trying to steer clear of these threads, sick of all the he said she said rubbish.

However, surely this gives us a massive opportunity now to put pressure on Sisu to finally put up or shut up wrt the new stadium.
They've been rattling on about it intermittently for years. Now is their time to show they're not just empty words.

Couldn't really give a fuck what Wasps say, or the council say. It's been pretty obvious from day dot that the council couldn't care less about CCFC. Now they have another sporting club in their corner, they care even less. Fuck them both. Let Wasps go bust.

The university seem to be on board (atm).
Let's make sure Sisu are not spouting hot air again.

Fair play to Pete and Mark, the questioning of both sides is admirable. Let's lean on Sisu a bit more wrt the new stadium.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Pete

Sorry mate, you've lost me there.

Last season the message from the club was that although we are talking negotiations aren't happening because of legal issues, but should we get a deal we can come back whenever. What's changed?

Boddy's statements don't make sense IMO. Having a hostile negotiating partner never stopped Sisu before. Hell, being a hostile negotiating partner never stopped Sisu before. That's business, you just suck it up.
It’s not hostility. Efl say need a decision so ccfc say hi wasps - Steven Vaughan efl need to know by Monday at 5. And Steven doesn’t get back day after day until ccfc have to say ok it’s too late now efl it’s gonna be St. Andrews. And then wasps say there’s a deal still waiting you just need to talk to us.

How would that sound

MalcSB

Ask Boddy about his 5 year plan to stay away and rent against returning and renting and go through the cost benefit analysis will you?
I wonder what the cost benefit analysis would be in a case where you return, rent and then have to stump up an indemnity if the basis of a complaint that has been made is upheld. As opposed to renting elsewhere and stumping up nothing If the complaint is upheld. Especially if what you might have to stump up is in the tens of millions.

Last edited:

shmmeee

It’s not hostility. Efl say need a decision so ccfc say hi wasps - Steven Vaughan efl need to know by Monday at 5. And Steven doesn’t get back day after day until ccfc have to say ok it’s too late now efl it’s gonna be St. Andrews. And then wasps say there’s a deal still waiting you just need to talk to us.

How would that sound

It sounds like the sort of the thing that would precipitate a press release saying “couldn’t finish in time, sadly still at Brum for now, still working on it”, not a full on PR offensive TBH. And I say that because that’s what it was last year.

And even if the EFL are locking us out of Cov for a season (which I doubt), then what’s wrong with next season? It’s the finality of it all. Is that us at Brum for the next five years because Wasps didn’t meet this years deadline? Were we even close? What changed from last year to mean we were cutting it so fine? Why couldn’t we start negotiations last season because of the legals but could this summer?

More questions than answers.

If timing was the issue, why wasn’t it mentioned here:STATEMENT: Coventry City confirm groundshare at St Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium for 2020/21 season

Where they say the problems were the same as last year. The EFL deadline was only mentioned when Wasps said they were surprised CCFC had ended negotiations. If it’s just a misunderstanding what’s stopping them getting round the table now?

chiefdave

How would that sound
Also have to consider the deadline was already an extension given by the EFL.

Sky Blue Pete

It sounds like the sort of the thing that would precipitate a press release saying “couldn’t finish in time, sadly still at Brum for now, still working on it”, not a full on PR offensive TBH. And I say that because that’s what it was last year.

And even if the EFL are locking us out of Cov for a season (which I doubt), then what’s wrong with next season? It’s the finality of it all. Is that us at Brum for the next five years because Wasps didn’t meet this years deadline? Were we even close? What changed from last year to mean we were cutting it so fine? Why couldn’t we start negotiations last season because of the legals but could this summer?

More questions than answers.

If timing was the issue, why wasn’t it mentioned here:STATEMENT: Coventry City confirm groundshare at St Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium for 2020/21 season

Where they say the problems were the same as last year. The EFL deadline was only mentioned when Wasps said they were surprised CCFC had ended negotiations. If it’s just a misunderstanding what’s stopping them getting round the table now?
I was trying to explain myself and the reason is it keeps happening all the time so you end up saying ffs what’s the point we could agree it today and then not hear anything for weeks

Skyblueweeman

Just on the EFL deadline...I think it's slightly different to mid-season flexibility on us coming back.

At the moment, they'll be looking to start compiling some sort of fixture list for next season, although the play offs and Wigan situations give them more time. In essence, they'll likely need a certain amount of ducks in a row before then can start working on an initial fixture list. At least knowing where we're playing is one less thing they need to wait for.

shmmeee

While we’re at it, what happened to this promise from Joy?

Clearer than the undertaking signed. She promised we would drop all action (not just Wasps) on these Conditions:

- A commercially viable temporary deal is agreed (Check, according to Boddy)
- the council supported them developing a new ground (no longer needed thanks to UoW?)

Perhaps someone can ask her what changed or why the current situation doesn’t meet her own conditions?

Sky Blue Pete

Clearer than the undertaking signed. She promised we would drop all action (not just Wasps) on these Conditions:

- the council supported them developing a new ground (no longer needed thanks to UoW?)

Perhaps someone can ask her what changed or why the current situation doesn’t meet her own conditions?
Dave boddy answered that

NorthernWisdom

tbf, I always read the support bit, as they wanted the council to fund the infrastructure around the new development in terms of roads etc. Was never going to happen, as councils want developers to do that, to save them some cash!

Grendel

I wonder what the cost benefit analysis would be in a case where you return, rent and then have to stump up an indemnity if the basis of a complaint that has been made is upheld. As opposed to renting elsewhere and stumping up nothing If the complaint is upheld. Especially if what you might have to stump up is in the tens of millions.

Well boddy and his cronies have created that scenario so I’m sure they’ve considered that and you can ask how he will stump up £60 million or so for a new ground versus the complainants fees if you like

higgs

If wasps wanted us to rent off them then a deal would have been done it wouldn't take months and months to agree a deal if there was a genuine interest in doing one. It's obvious they don't want us playing at the Ricoh they don't need us as much as we might think they do. But I do hope the Ricoh becomes the elephant in the room for them and that they have to go back to London because how they acquired the Ricoh will never sit well with me. They were basically gifted it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Wasps weren’t serious about a deal

Right. And yet we spent six months negotiating with them and were “close to agreeing commercial terms”. And he just didn’t fancy mentioning this on the press release where he accused Wasps insistence on indemnity being the issue, or the reams of interviews over the last year where he said talks were going well and it was just the indemnity. Just slipped his mind I guess? Didn’t think to mention it until it was too late? How forgetful.

With that. I think I’m done for the night. Good night all, may tomorrows press releases bring us more intelligible arguments.

MalcSB

Well boddy and his cronies have created that scenario so I’m sure they’ve considered that and you can ask how he will stump up £60 million or so for a new ground versus the complainants fees if you like
Given that one thing leads to another, any scenario at any given time is a consequence of all that has gone before it. The council’s duplicity certainly contributed to creating the current scenario. Wasps are not innocent bystanders by any means, they must have thought they were getting the bargain of the century back in 2014. You can’t really just start the scenario clock at a point that suits your argument. The councils duplicity goes back to the original deal around the building of the stadium.

The indemnity required could be 20 - 30 million pounds - with nothing tangible to show for it. That’s a big chunk out of the costs of the type of stadium they might build if the squadron of pigs ever leave the ground.

Last edited:

MalcSB

Right. And yet we spent six months negotiating with them and were “close to agreeing commercial terms”. And he just didn’t fancy mentioning this on the press release where he accused Wasps insistence on indemnity being the issue, or the reams of interviews over the last year where he said talks were going well and it was just the indemnity. Just slipped his mind I guess? Didn’t think to mention it until it was too late? How forgetful.

With that. I think I’m done for the night. Good night all, may tomorrows press releases bring us more intelligible arguments.
A genuine question, is there any particular reason why most of your posts pin the blame for everything/ casts aspersions on CCFC/ SISU rather than wasps or the council?

Sky Blue Pete

You seem to have a whole load of questions you’re asking behind the one you ask and the line of questioning is akin to a police Sargent questioning a drunk skin head. It’s in Dave Boddy’s statement you should read it without second guessing. None of us know the truth but out of all the parties I’d trust his word. He says it’s been awful for 3 and a half years that’s your answer. Gosh

shmmeee

You seem to have a whole load of questions you’re asking behind the one you ask and the line of questioning is akin to a police Sargent questioning a drunk skin head. It’s in Dave Boddy’s statement you should read it without second guessing. None of us know the truth but out of all the parties I’d trust his word. He says it’s been awful for 3 and a half years that’s your answer. Gosh

If you could maybe ask Dave to mark which of his statements I should be taking as gospel and which to ignore that’d help greatly. Cheers 👍

Sky Blue Pete

Antsy pants
And I’ll add it’s perfectly plausible to bite your tongue and not let the mask slip until it’s all gone too far and then you let it out cause it’s all just caught up with you and theres no point playing the part any longer. I’m sure you know how that feels

But hey what do I know

Macca1987

Youve missed my point. The implication seems to be that the EFL deadline ended talks, but surely there was an EFL deadline in 2014 that passed as we started the season at Sixfields, before coming back to the Ricoh. So it’s not like the EFL deadline for CCFC to say where they’re playing precludes CCFC carrying on negotiations and the EFL letting is come homehalf way through the season.

Are we seriously saying if a deal was reached tomorrow the EFL wouldn’t allow it? Pull the other one.
I think we are saying the same thing but at different times, I agree that talks could go on, but in the Sixfield time I think again talks stalled and it wasn't until a later date after protests etc that both parties got back round the table, I agree with you that talks could continue, but don't see it in the current he said she said climate

shmmeee

I think we are saying the same thing but at different times, I agree that talks could go on, but in the Sixfield time I think again talks stalled and it wasn't until a later date after protests etc that both parties got back round the table, I agree with you that talks could continue, but don't see it in the current he said she said climate

Got ya. Yeah agree, it looks very much like a falling out. So frustrating. Just wish they could put this crap behind them for the fans, clearly both sides still think there's money to be made from the Ricoh. While we're still like a jilted lover I won't believe we've 'got over' the Ricoh. As NW said, if you were really focusing on the new ground you wouldn't spend so much effort on pressuring Wasps, so that gives me a little hope.

Warwickhunt

Youve missed my point. The implication seems to be that the EFL deadline ended talks, but surely there was an EFL deadline in 2014 that passed as we started the season at Sixfields, before coming back to the Ricoh. So it’s not like the EFL deadline for CCFC to say where they’re playing precludes CCFC carrying on negotiations and the EFL letting is come homehalf way through the season.

Are we seriously saying if a deal was reached tomorrow the EFL wouldn’t allow it? Pull the other one.
Perhaps the EFL are getting pissed off with us now?

Users who are viewing this thread