Boddy Update (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Wasps just
giphy.gif

covcity4life

They seem to be.

Boddy was quite specific about a Monday deadline and Wasps only instructing their solicitors on Monday morning.

They need to be asked that directly I guess. That would be a massive indicator.
If they had a leg to stand on thry would have put it in the statement imo

Macca1987

Either that or they didn’t think it’d end negotiations. I assume the negotiations at Sixfields carried on past the EFL deadline as we started the season there then moved back.
Yes, but Sixfields took a season and a bit before we came back and a lot of pressure on everyone from the marches etc. I would imagine talks didn't continue then straight away, happy to be proved wrong

robbiekeane

Funnily enough I am getting an NDA prepared for me. There is a clause which waivers specifics that become public knowledge - it could be argued the indemnity is public knowledge through Wasps comments in the press and that would breach a normal clause in a typical NDA
Generally NDAs that I’ve signed or had prepared exclude things that were public knowledge prior to the agreement. Mostly with regards to intellectual property but think if it’s similar it’s still really murky water.

higgs

What's the plan now Pete and Mark do we give up on ever playing in the Ricoh and concentrate on building our own stadium or do you think peace talks could begin to bring us back from Brum to the Ricoh or is it too late with the EFL?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
What's the plan now Pete and Mark do we give up on ever playing in the Ricoh and concentrate on building our own stadium or do you think peace talks could begin to bring us back from Brum to the Ricoh or is it too late with the EFL?

I'd say hammer all the pricks.

mr_monkey

There will be get outs as there were when we came back mid season from sixfields

Mucca Mad Boys

TBF that doesn’t mean it’s not a tactic. It just means Sisu knew it wasn’t in Wasps gift to comply so it was safe to say they would (if you take this statement as fact, which I’m not saying I am).

Interesting they are clear about what the indemnity doesn’t involve, e.g. bankrupting the club. Would like to hear more from the club on that as seems it’s the real area of disagreement on facts.

I mean it’ll make no difference but me and Nick cant keep arguing about the definition of legals forever.

Technically, you’re right about the SISU promising to waive the NDA. It’s easy for them to say ‘sure, we’ll drop it’ - without considering other parties

What has peaked my interest is the comparative willingness for CCFC to lay all the ‘facts’ bare.

Wasps could’ve said ‘we’re willing to drop the NDA’ (like SISU did), then all pressure lies on the other parties. Wasps didn’t even go as far to say they had the evidence to back their claims up if it were not for the NDA. In my view, this suggests a lack of openness. Then again, it could be far less damaging to CCFC than Wasps.

This looks suspicious. Would you agree on that?

CCFC54321

Shocking amateur statement from Wasps. A play on words and opened up more questions than answers. Dropped CCC right in it.

My mature and thought through response after I read it went...

“LIAR, LIAR WASPS WINGS ARE ON FIRE”!

tisza

although sisu are claiming they have waivered the right to further action, it would be great if this could be cleared up one way or another.
That's against Wasps though isn't it?
If the EU decision goes against CCC then that's where the legal action would surely be aimed? Can't see anywhere CCFC would have a case directly against Wasps anyway. If CCC "undersold" the Ricoh then it's up to them to get the correct money back from Wasps.
The other issue would be how bondholders ( who have lost money) would react to the possibility information behind the bond sale was not entirely correct.

tisza

Who the hell are these other parties signing NDAs? The F&B people?
Council released a statement it was nothing to do with them as it was between landlord and tenant.

fernandopartridge

Generally NDAs that I’ve signed or had prepared exclude things that were public knowledge prior to the agreement. Mostly with regards to intellectual property but think if it’s similar it’s still really murky water.
I've got a standard one here, exception to the obligation of confidentiality where confidential info was, is, or comes into the public domain other than a result of an act or omission by the receiving party in violation of the NDA

shmmeee

Technically, you’re right about the SISU promising to waive the NDA. It’s easy for them to say ‘sure, we’ll drop it’ - without considering other parties

What has peaked my interest is the comparative willingness for CCFC to lay all the ‘facts’ bare.

Wasps could’ve said ‘we’re willing to drop the NDA’ (like SISU did), then all pressure lies on the other parties. Wasps didn’t even go as far to say they had the evidence to back their claims up if it were not for the NDA. In my view, this suggests a lack of openness. Then again, it could be far less damaging to CCFC than Wasps.

This looks suspicious. Would you agree on that?

It doesn’t look great. There were many routes to progress that other than “it wasn’t this” and “that’s not important”, they could’ve been much clearer, hence my initial frustrated reply to the statement

But equally, I’m wary of how good Sisu are with dead cats. I wish Wasps would just come out and be clear about what they need and Sisu about what they find objectionable.

No one is being clear here at all. Everything raises more questions than it answers and it all feels very 2014.

Nick

Administrator
It doesn’t look great. There were many routes to progress that other than “it wasn’t this” and “that’s not important”, they could’ve been much clearer, hence my initial frustrated reply to the statement

But equally, I’m wary of how good Sisu are with dead cats. I wish Wasps would just come out and be clear about what they need and Sisu about what they find objectionable.

No one is being clear here at all. Everything raises more questions than it answers and it all feels very 2014.

Dave Boddy was quite specific with this bit:

“We were faced with exactly the same problem last season, and were effectively 'timed out' by them again.”

Throughout my three-and-a-half-year career at the club, Wasps have consistently and flagrantly ignored critical deadlines set for us by the EFL and treated them and those deadlines with disrespect. In fact, they only instructed solicitors to act for them on Monday morning when they were well aware of the Monday 5pm deadline.

Wasps could have gone to town on that without having to actually say anything confidential.

shmmeee

Yes, but Sixfields took a season and a bit before we came back and a lot of pressure on everyone from the marches etc. I would imagine talks didn't continue then straight away, happy to be proved wrong

Youve missed my point. The implication seems to be that the EFL deadline ended talks, but surely there was an EFL deadline in 2014 that passed as we started the season at Sixfields, before coming back to the Ricoh. So it’s not like the EFL deadline for CCFC to say where they’re playing precludes CCFC carrying on negotiations and the EFL letting is come homehalf way through the season.

Are we seriously saying if a deal was reached tomorrow the EFL wouldn’t allow it? Pull the other one.

shmmeee

Dave Boddy was quite specific with this bit:

Wasps could have gone to town on that without having to actually say anything confidential.

Maybe you and I have different definitions of specific. Unless we know what the exact situation was last time (we don’t) or why there was a timer on the negotiations (we don’t), it’s just more bollocks mate.

I know you like him, and generally I have too, but Boddy has very much been channelling Joy the last few weeks. A lot less straight talking than he normally is when this topic comes up. Words very carefully chosen and not much given away.

Nick

Administrator
Youve missed my point. The implication seems to be that the EFL deadline ended talks, but surely there was an EFL deadline in 2014 that passed as we started the season at Sixfields, before coming back to the Ricoh. So it’s not like the EFL deadline for CCFC to say where they’re playing precludes CCFC carrying on negotiations and the EFL letting is come homehalf way through the season.

Are we seriously saying if a deal was reached tomorrow the EFL wouldn’t allow it? Pull the other one.

The deadline was when CCFC had to tell EFL where they planned to play next season.

Wasps pretended to be surprised by the announcement it was St Andrews, surely they would have known the deadline and that nothing had been signed and sealed at that point?

Boddy's comments about being "timed out" are telling, Wasps could have easily refuted them:

"We worked hard right up to the deadline to try and sort a deal before the EFL deadline."

Nick

Administrator
Maybe you and I have different definitions of specific. Unless we know what the exact situation was last time (we don’t) or why there was a timer on the negotiations (we don’t), it’s just more bollocks mate.

I know you like him, and generally I have too, but Boddy has very much been channelling Joy the last few weeks. A lot less straight talking than he normally is when this topic comes up. Words very carefully chosen and not much given away.

Throughout my three-and-a-half-year career at the club, Wasps have consistently and flagrantly ignored critical deadlines set for us by the EFL and treated them and those deadlines with disrespect. In fact, they only instructed solicitors to act for them on Monday morning when they were well aware of the Monday 5pm deadline.

That's the thing, quite detailed and damning. Not too hard for Wasps to disprove either.

Maybe people at the club are getting pissed off? Tynan and Mike Reid were pissed off in the statement last year too.

shmmeee

The deadline was when CCFC had to tell EFL where they planned to play next season.

Wasps pretended to be surprised by the announcement it was St Andrews, surely they would have known the deadline and that nothing had been signed and sealed at that point?

Boddy's comments about being "timed out" are telling, Wasps could have easily refuted them:

"We worked hard right up to the deadline to try and sort a deal before the EFL deadline."

That’s a CCFC deadline, why is it a Wasps deadline?

Are you saying if we agreed a deal tomorrow we wouldn’t be allowed back by the EFL? That it’s not worth starting Negotiations for next season?

It’s a dead cat mate. It’s had the exact effect that was intended which is to get fans all excited about how mean Wasps are but it doesn’t make any sense or relevance. He doesn’t say Wasps were told they had to negotiate by then, just that they knew about the deadline. Doesn’t say we told them it was our deadline too.

As Insay, considering in 2014 Wasps and CCFC agreed after the season had started its hardly out of line to assume the EFL deadline doesn’t impact negotiations this time around.

To be clear, you could be right. But so could I. Both are accurate readings of the statement. Hence my frustration at lack of clarity. It’s needless and they don’t do this stuff off the cuff.

(Was it 2014? Was it Wasps then? Seems too long ago. Whoever it was at Sixfields)

Nick

Administrator
That’s a CCFC deadline, why is it a Wasps deadline?

Are you saying if we agreed a deal tomorrow we wouldn’t be allowed back by the EFL? That it’s not worth starting Negotiations for next season?

It’s a dead cat mate. It’s had the exact effect that was intended which is to get fans all excited about how mean Wasps are but it doesn’t make any sense or relevance. He doesn’t say Wasps were told they had to negotiate by then, just that they knew about the deadline. Doesn’t say we told them it was our deadline too.

As Insay, considering in 2014 Wasps and CCFC agreed after the season had started its hardly out of line to assume the EFL deadline doesn’t impact negotiations this time around.

Because that is when CCFC needed to tell the EFL where they were going to be playing. It pretty much says exactly that they were trying to negotiate by the deadline and it was extended. That goes against Wasps saying they were trying their hardest for a deal, doesn't it?

Boddy literally names who him and the EFL sent written confirmation about the deadline to in writing, to say we didn't tell them is a bit silly?

Wasps didn't agree anything in 2014, that was when the council were building bridges on Trust.

It could well be that in a few weeks after the season a deal could have been done. We did end up compensating Northampton that time so maybe trying to avoid that and pissing BCFC about.

NorthernWisdom

It reminds me of Fisher back in 2013. Initially people got on with him, a deal was agreed, hands were shook. Then Seppala started looking over his shoulder, we got misdirection, and a friendly handshake to say goodbye...

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Because that is when CCFC needed to tell the EFL where they were going to be playing. It pretty much says exactly that they were trying to negotiate by the deadline and it was extended. That goes against Wasps saying they were trying their hardest for a deal, doesn't it?

Wasps didn't agree anything in 2014, that was when the council were building bridges on Trust.
I think the deadline is being used to beat them more.

the club could easily have told the EFL - put us down at St Andrews and we’ll continue negotiating

it’s a bit of a non point in the story

Sky Blue Harry H

re we seriously saying if a deal was reached tomorrow the EFL wouldn’t allow it? Pull the other one.

I know nothing, other than if we were in serious negotiations, why walk away after having put in such time and effort, unless something had changed? Or maybe nothing changed, and we walked away from that. We will only know later down the line. If Tim Fisher had told me the turn of events, I wouldn't have believed a word, but Dave Boddy, I do believe (no rational reason, other than I like the latter). Obvious that we'd rather be back at The Ricoh, and would pay good money to know the truth. Fact is, Wasps do not have to want us back at The Ricoh, but if they do -- as you have said Shmmeee - be open about what the offer is.

shmmeee

Boddy literally names who him and the EFL sent written confirmation about the deadline to in writing, to say we didn't tell them is a bit silly?

It could well be that in a few weeks after the season a deal could have been done. We did end up compensating Northampton that time so maybe trying to avoid that and pissing BCFC about.

So why can’t we move back during a season like we promised to do last year and actually did in 2014?

Maybe CCFC wanted a deal done by then but clearly they didn’t *need* it, so why break off negotiations? Why not say “We’re still happy to negotiate”? See what I mean about both sides being vague?

Nick

Administrator
I think the deadline is being used to beat them more.

the club could easily have told the EFL - put us down at St Andrews and we’ll continue negotiating

it’s a bit of a non point in the story

Not sure it is as simple as that as the EFL have been working out fixtures I think? That would have had to be worked around with BCFC too now they are in the same league. It also could end up with us pissing BCFC off by messing them about.

I think it's pretty obvious Wasps were asked to do the deal before the deadline so it could be done in time for the EFL. Wasps have hardly refuted any of that have they?

That's why I have asked Journos to ask Wasps directly if they knew about the deadline etc.

shmmeee

I know nothing, other than if we were in serious negotiations, why walk away after having put in such time and effort, unless something had changed? Or maybe nothing changed, and we walked away from that. We will only know later down the line. If Tim Fisher had told me the turn of events, I wouldn't have believed a word, but Dave Boddy, I do believe (no rational reason, other than I like the latter). Obvious that we'd rather be back at The Ricoh, and would pay good money to know the truth. Fact is, Wasps do not have to want us back at The Ricoh, but if they do -- as you have said Shmmeee - be open about what the offer is.

I know nothing either. Could equally ask why when we knew we weren’t willing to agree to Wasps demands did we start talking again? We can’t be saying Wasps fell for the same letter trick two years running.

That’s all I’m saying. For me I’m fairly happy I understand what Wasps are asking. I also understand why Sisu wouldn’t want to agree to it. I fail to understand why they were talking In the first place and why they stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread