Boddy Update (1 Viewer)

mr_monkey

If SISU don't know that the best way of getting people to believe is to do rather than say, they never will. It doesn't need a polite email for that to be obvious.

Although looking at this board, it seems rinse and repeat is sufficient for many.

But the difference here is that it's not just fisher flapping his gums, the announcement was made with Warwick uni who themselves wouldn't want to be in the middle of anything that was only a smokescreen.

If it's true that the talks have been going on for a while is a good thing as it means that lots of things have been discussed and progress made.

I completely understand the scepticism but it feels different this time

mr_monkey

Wasps relationship with the Coventry public is lost and beyond repair. I strongly suggest wasps leave our city and let us recover from the mess they have created.

Unfortunately that's not true :( wasps fans (and adopted ones) don't give a fuck about us and how we are treated.

The general cov public get their information from the local media and if you listen to them wasps are faultless and it's all down to sisu

DannyThomas_1981

I can understand what SISU is trying to do - as before try to get the stadium on the cheap and take no prisoners in doing so. By distressing Wasps out of operation and being then being the only team in the city with a use for the stadium - they might even achieve this. That's a good outcome for SISU's investment and also for CCFC - we have our own stadium on the cheap and income streams. The strategy seems to have Fisher's fingerprints all over it.

What is certain is that the SISU strategy 'take no prisoners' absolutely destroys trust. Wasps have every right to be furious to be honest this time around as SISU have clearly been playing games and the press release by SISU was made without informing Wasps.

SISU will see this as a calculated gamble I guess - even if this attempt to drive Wasps out of business fails - they know Wasps will be back at the negotiating table at one point - as we're the only club in town with any motivation at all to rent the Ricoh.

Nasty games are being played - but the only logical conclusion is that we either buy the Ricoh cheaply if Wasps go bust or we secure a super cheap rent deal sometime over the course of the season if they don't.

(Interesting side note: in a Kenilworth cafe and pretty certain that Josh Pask is at the next table. I'm also 60% sure I saw Liam Kelly in Stratford earlier. If the team hasn't flown back from Glasgow - then I clearly have completely lost it).

mr_monkey

I can understand what SISU is trying to do - as before try to get the stadium on the cheap and take no prisoners in doing so. By distressing Wasps out of operation and being then being the only team in the city with a use for the stadium - they might even achieve this. That's a good outcome for SISU's investment and also for CCFC - we have our own stadium on the cheap and income streams. The strategy seems to have Fisher's fingerprints all over it.

What is certain is that the SISU strategy 'take no prisoners' absolutely destroys trust. Wasps have every right to be furious to be honest this time around as SISU have clearly been playing games and the press release by SISU was made without informing Wasps.

SISU will see this as a calculated gamble I guess - even if this attempt to drive Wasps out of business fails - they know Wasps will be back at the negotiating table at one point - as we're the only club in town with any motivation at all to rent the Ricoh.

Nasty games are being played - but the only logical conclusion is that we either buy the Ricoh cheaply if Wasps go bust or we secure a super cheap rent deal sometime over the course of the season if they don't.

(Interesting side note: in a Kenilworth cafe and pretty certain that Josh Pask is at the next table. I'm also 60% sure I saw Liam Kelly in Stratford earlier. If the team hasn't flown back from Glasgow - then I clearly have completely lost it).

Ffs for the last time they are not trying to get the Ricoh with all of this.... even if they distress wasps and they go out of business they will not get the Ricoh under a deal that they want as the council will never give it to them

If your precious wasps are so fucking innocent why are they hiding behind a nda ;)

DannyThomas_1981

Ffs for the last time they are not trying to get the Ricoh with all of this.... even if they distress wasps and they go out of business they will not get the Ricoh under a deal that they want as the council will never give it to them
Respectfully disagree Mr_M. Simply because there's no other buyer for the Ricoh; if there's only one buyer in town CCC has no other option. That will be the perfect end game for SISU and also arguably for the Club.

mr_monkey

Respectfully disagree Mr_M. Simply because there's no other buyer for the Ricoh; if there's only one buyer in town CCC has no other option. That will be the perfect end game for SISU and also arguably for the Club.

There wasn't last time but they found one ;)
I'd happy as a pig in shit if we could get the whole of the Ricoh and all of the revenue from it but as we know with CCC (even before sisu) the football club are 2nd class citizens and that will never happen and as a club that is what we need

Mcbean

Perhaps the best would fit the eu to come out and say that the transaction was unlawful - then there would have to be an investigation in which the current council would have to stand down - Wasps would Have to liquidate And the stadium would be on general sale - I don’t think Sisu would hang about in to that case

CCFC54321

Unfortunately that's not true :( wasps fans (and adopted ones) don't give a fuck about us and how we are treated.

The general cov public get their information from the local media and if you listen to them wasps are faultless and it's all down to sisu
Everyone I have spoken to (family and friends) non city supporters or followers of football are damning about wasps being in this city. One guy I work with who defends wasps at every turn has damned wasps to me.

The tide if it hadn’t before certainly has changed regarding London wasps being in this city.

DannyThomas_1981

If your precious wasps are so fucking innocent why are they hiding behind a nda ;)

Easy mr_m. In all commercial negotiations that I've been involved in....NDAs are executed.

There are no innocent parties here - SISU/Wasps/CCC have always acted in line purely with their own objectives. That's commercial life and they are all trying to achieve highest returns on their respective investments and interests.

I'm not defending Wasps (I'm a lifelong Cov Rugby fan for what it's worth as well as CCFC) just pointing out that trust will have been completely lost through SISU's latest strategy.

From SISU's viewpoint you could say that they really don't have to be concerned about trust as they hold many of the cards - they are the only party in town both to rent the Ricoh or ultimately buy it.

I want to see CCFC back in Coventry like everyone else - SISU also want this for commercial reasons. We'll see how it plays out - my expectation is that CCFC at the Ricoh is far more likely than CCFC at the UoW. But I've been wrong before!

(It seems to me that anyone who even attempts on here to given an impartial and balanced view as to what is going on and doesn't show total hatred to Wasps - is immediately branded as pro-Wasps and anti CCFC and shouted down. It's unfortunate.)

Last edited:

mr_monkey

Easy mr_m. In all commercial negotiations that I've been involved in....NDAs are executed.

There are no innocent parties here - SISU/Wasps/CCC have always acted in line purely with their own objectives. That's commercial life and they are all trying to achieve highest returns on their respective investments.

I'm not defending Wasps (I'm a lifelong Cov Rugby fan for what it's worth) just pointing out that trust will have been completely lost through SISU's latest strategy.

From SISU's viewpoint you could say that they really don't have to be concerned about trust as they hold many of the cards - as they are the only party in town both to rent the Ricoh or ultimately buy it.

I want to see CCFC back in Coventry like everyone else - SISU also want this for commercial reasons. We'll see how it plays out - my expectation is that CCFC at the Ricoh is far more likely than CCFC at the UoW. But I've been wrong before!

I get that completely mate, but both boddy and joy have said that they are happy to wave the NDA and have documents ready to prove what they are saying. If wasps are in the right then all they need to do is the same and then it's all out in the open and away we go :)

We also know from the statement yesterday that wasps are as guilty of playing silly buggers than sisu have in the past, if I was boddy I'd be utterly furious with the way wasps have behaved, as should every Coventry city fan but I do apologize for the wasps comment, as you can imagine I'm a little worked up about all at the moment

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Even in the very unlikely event the Ricoh were to end up being available CCFC will NOT be the owners. It'll be owned by SISU in a holding company and the club will be renting it. It'd probably be a better deal than we've had in the past, certainly in terms of access to income. But given that SISU are providing loans to cover cash losses effectively we'd have owners charging us to use the stadium and then gaining interest on top of that because they'd be partly funding the cash required to pay it.

Grendel

Even in the very unlikely event the Ricoh were to end up being available CCFC will NOT be the owners. It'll be owned by SISU in a holding company and the club will be renting it. It'd probably be a better deal than we've had in the past, certainly in terms of access to income. But given that SISU are providing loans to cover cash losses effectively we'd have owners charging us to use the stadium and then gaining interest on top of that because they'd be partly funding the cash required to pay it.

Wasps don’t own it

DannyThomas_1981

Bloody hell Dreamer - don't destroy all hope for the future my friend :)

I'm desperately trying to find an outcome that is ultimately good for us fans!

Terry Gibson's perm

If the university want the ground building and the club get the funding Coventry cc can moan all they want they won’t take the university on they haven’t got the bottle.

My dad worked there and said that they pretty much do as they wish as they own pretty much all the local land and property.

DannyThomas_1981

There wasn't last time but they found one ;)
I'd happy as a pig in shit if we could get the whole of the Ricoh and all of the revenue from it but as we know with CCC (even before sisu) the football club are 2nd class citizens and that will never happen and as a club that is what we need

I think in many ways we're on the same page mr_m. We both agree on the previous strategy. That failed as CCC found Wasps. Given the failure of the Wasps experiment in Coventry; I don't see another team from outside Cov beating a path to set up at the Ricoh (if Wasps go).

I just take the view that SISU's strategy is more likely to work this time around as they will truly be the last man standing.

I have no inside knowledge on any of this - just trying to make some sense of the madness and ultimate end game!

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Wasps don’t own it

I'm not saying they do. I'm just saying that in the highly unlikely event that the stadium were to become available to buy and our owners bought it it wouldn't be in kept in the name of the club. We'd be renting it from our owners.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Bloody hell Dreamer - don't destroy all hope for the future my friend :)

I'm desperately trying to find an outcome that is ultimately good for us fans!

I'm not trying to - I'm just saying that is becoming the ownership model in the current climate and I very much doubt we'd be any different.

Grendel

I'm not saying they do. I'm just saying that in the highly unlikely event that the stadium were to become available to buy and our owners bought it it wouldn't be in kept in the name of the club. We'd be renting it from our owners.

no acl will own it

steve cooper

According to this the BBC have asked wasps for comments on our latest statement

I had to laugh at Wasps' response "will be looking carefully at elements of what they have claimed, and may possibly comment further in the next couple of days."
Really? If they were in the right they would be all over this.
The difference between Wasps' response compared to Dave Boddy's comments tells all we need to know, I think.

cc84cov

Wasps relationship with the Coventry public is lost and beyond repair. I strongly suggest wasps leave our city and let us recover from the mess they have created.
They will mate just not yet give a fool enough rope they will hand themselves how long can they keep up losing money ? No stadium sponsor ? Players wanting to leave ? Poor form ? Wasps will go bust before us

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

no acl will own it

And if ACL struggle it could end up being available.

It's not about who'd own it after this legal dispute, it's the theoretical situation that future circumstances would make the stadium available to ownership by our owners

shepardo01

I had to laugh at Wasps' response "will be looking carefully at elements of what they have claimed, and may possibly comment further in the next couple of days."
Really? If they were in the right they would be all over this.
The difference between Wasps' response compared to Dave Boddy's comments tells all we need to know, I think.
I have no doubt Wasps will lie in their response to that too.

mark82

I really hate that argument. In reality what this means is that the stadium will be under a separate company, let's call it 'StadCo'. StadCo and SBS&L (i.e. CCFC) would be separate entities but likely under the same holding company (probably Otium Entertainment). They'd be mad if they didn't do it that way to be honest.

RegTheDonk

This is exactly what people need to get their head around, if wasps go bust the Ricoh goes back to the council and there is no way in hell they would sell it to sisu and I'm certain sisu are very aware of this now as well
Yeah, those spiteful gits would rather knock it down and bulid houses on the land than give us the kind of lease they gave the egg chasers. City of sport / culture my arse.

Mucca Mad Boys

Like Lewes District Council you mean?

Brighton did. We talk.

Exactly. Demonstrates the point about how obstructive councils slow the projects down. It’s worth noting that the Brighton stadium site had construction that lay in two separate council jurisdictions. Lewes obviously delaying the construction.

My point about supportive councils was directed at Rotherham. Who’s council lent them £5m to ‘bring Rotherham back home’. Reckon the CCC would support us in this way?

Perhaps, you’ve unwittingly made the case that local councils supporting a project can speed up the process massively.

Again, how many viable sites for a stadium that exist in Coventry that fall outside CCC jurisdiction?

For me, this is the fundamental difficulty getting a stadium project off the ground.

Feb57

Yeah, those spiteful gits would rather knock it down and bulid houses on the land than give us the kind of lease they gave the egg chasers. City of sport / culture my arse.
I too believe that if Wasps go pop then the Ricoh reverts back to the council and the lease reverts back to what would be left had it not been extended. What I mean by this is, if the lease had 48 years left two years ago, it would now have 46 years left. The figures I just quoted were as an example, I cannot remember what the actual numbers are. Someone with a better memory than me will.
If the council get it back and we have the current leadership at the helm of CCC, I do not think they would sell to CCFC ( SISU) rather, they would knock it down and as Reg says, build houses on it. Anything, but deal with CCFC. Yes, I think they are that entrenched and vindictive. Just look at the evidence that is out in the public domain.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Hurts me to say it, but I’d take 5 years at Brum now. (Obviously less would be better) But I need to see plans, spades and blokes in hard hats before the start of the 21/22 season.

Fuck the Ricoh. Never want to even see the place ever again.

Exactly, forget the Ricoh, just build the stadium SISU.

Cranfield Sky Blue

no acl will own it
I’m not pretending to understand this G. But if it’s administration, then the administrator would use the stadium as an asset. If it’s complete receivership then it would be the receivers who control the stadium as an asset? CCC would still hold the freehold but the lease would/could end up in the hands of the highest bidder. Which could be another Wasps entity or SISU or anyone else for that matter!

Users who are viewing this thread