Boddy Update (2 Viewers)

Travs

I'm not saying they should ignore it (obviously).... just stating a fact... no more, no less.

Nick

Administrator
To be 100% fair to the Cov Tel on this occasion, there's a lot going on there and within the Trinity Group... sadly for us, the CCFC/Wasps situation is not necessarily number one priority at the moment.
Understand that but on the other hand you would thing it would give them a boost?

It is like when I was asking a couple of years ago to feature the season ticket fund and the fundraiser where sbitc sold things and it wasn't interesting enough. Got there in the end.

Nick

Administrator
What, in the same way that Wasps and CCC notified the football club when they were doing the Ricoh deal?

This was from a comment on a Wasps forum: “The football club dances to our tune or doesn't play at the Ricoh“. That seems to have been the mentality of CCC and Wasps since day 1 and tells us everything we need to know surely?
Exactly

They have all seen ccfc as pound signs for what they can rinse.

Liquid Gold

I think it needs to be the bricks, turn up with hammers and chisels and just take them all off, if someone can store them temporarily I'm sure the club will make some space a Ryton for them afterwards, would cost nothing and the publicity would be huge. We need to get a bunch of maybe 20 people to agree to it, get them on a whattsapp group so it's not on the public forum and just get up there and do it.

I'm ready.

Liquid Gold

Secondly lets get a crowdfunder for a lorry winch thing (same as Bristol council used to remove the BLM statue on the Colston site) and bring Jimmy down. This will be more difficult as it requires machinery and I'm sure is owned and valued by ACL but it can't be there any more.

Finally we need 1 or 2 people at each of their home games to stand at the memorial garden.

mr_monkey

I think it needs to be the bricks, turn up with hammers and chisels and just take them all off, if someone can store them temporarily I'm sure the club will make some space a Ryton for them afterwards, would cost nothing and the publicity would be huge. We need to get a bunch of maybe 20 people to agree to it, get them on a whattsapp group so it's not on the public forum and just get up there and do it.

I'm ready.

But then isn't that classed as criminal damage? We should absolutely get them back but go through the right channels, show we are better than the stripey cunts as we know how they and the local media would spin it if we did it ourselves

Nick

Administrator
But then isn't that classed as criminal damage? We should absolutely get them back but go through the right channels, show we are better than the stripey cunts as we know how they and the local media would spin it if we did it ourselves

Yeah exactly. "Coventry thugs fell statue"

It's a pretty sensitive situation, I have no issue with my bricks being taken out but then it would be worth checking with Jimmy Hill's family about the statue etc.

Even if there was political pressure to try and get the statue moved from there and put on a roundabout on the A444 (to go with the name)?

SBT

I'm ready.

Having a total normal one here.

Tommo1993

JH Statue could be put on the roundabout that connects Sky Blue Way to JH Way and Binley Rd. A marker for the starting point of JH Way. Can’t think of anything already on that roundabout

Nick

Administrator
JH Statue could be put on the roundabout that connects Sky Blue Way to JH Way and Binley Rd. A marker for the starting point of JH Way. Can’t think of anything already on that roundabout

I am pretty sure they used to have grass footballers on there too? Or grass people anyway.

Tommo1993

I am pretty sure they used to have grass footballers on there too? Or grass people anyway.

All I could remember was Blue Ribbon, then that Sikhism thing, unsure of the Stoke turn off. Just know that the one I mentioned always seems the busiest at any time of day

Last edited:

Covstu

Agree, I would like them to do this formally and pull the bricks, statue and crests away officiallyby our club. This would also put a finality to ever going back there with those stripy bastards there

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I'm ready.

As Nick says if you have people just turning up doing this inevitably some of the bricks will be damaged.

How about if you turned up to take yours only to find someone else had been earlier to remove theirs and had managed to crack/smash yours in the process?

Covstu

All I could remember was Blue Ribbon, then that Sikhism thing, unsure of the Stoke turn off. Just know that the one I mentioned always seems the busiest at any time of day
Right at the bottom, left at the roundabout is binley rd, turn right head to the park leading into town. It’s a large roundabout so not sure he would look a little ‘lost“ on there. Maybe the training ground is more suitable

Tommo1993

Right at the bottom, left at the roundabout is binley rd, turn right head to the park leading into town. It’s a large roundabout so not sure he would look a little ‘lost“ on there. Maybe the training ground is more suitable

Would be more likely to be seen though. Seems more apt because of Sky Blue Way and JH Way. Ryton is well out of the way. Doesn’t have to be isolated in the middle

SBT

Agree, I would like them to do this formally and pull the bricks, statue and crests away officiallyby our club. This would also put a finality to ever going back there with those stripy bastards there

SISU could do this tomorrow but they won't, for the same reason they haven't done it all the other times they've promised to move on - they really, really want control of the Ricoh.

Covstu

SISU could do this tomorrow but they won't, for the same reason they haven't done it all the other times they've promised to move on - they really, really want control of the Ricoh.
Don’t disagree but let’s face it we are properly at war now whereas the door was previously open all of the other times. Would be a proper statement of intent but equally this would probably be perceived as another ‘aggressive’ SISU move

mr_monkey

Could they? Who owns the statue and the bricks, is it sisu or is it whoever owns the stadium?

jim20

I don't really understand their "right" to be saying it. They don't appear to be a legitimate organisation. Do they have a constitution and rules? Are they abiding by their rules? Do their rules allow them to issue statements whenever they like, purporting to represent the views of their members without ever consulting them? Where's the transparency?

What is to stop Sky Blues Talk forming a more influential organisation representing a larger constituency? Or do we have to infiltrate the trust and take over? Is either (or both) of these approaches possible?
I’d happily contribute to the Sky Blues Talk Trust!

SBT

Could they? Who owns the statue and the bricks, is it sisu or is it whoever owns the stadium?

Yeah very true. The crests, however, would be no problem. If they were serious about moving on, we could just ask.

Don’t disagree but let’s face it we are properly at war now whereas the door was previously open all of the other times. Would be a proper statement of intent but equally this would probably be perceived as another ‘aggressive’ SISU move

It would be a statement of intent to do something that I'm far from convinced SISU actually intend to do. And it's the kind of thing that's contributed to negotiations being so toxic in the first place.

Gibbo

Our biggest mission now is with Robins and the team staying in the Championship while the rest of them worry about the stuff behind the scenes- if we dropped back down & had no ground, 7k fans etc then it looks very fucking bleak for CCFC unless we find & sell a few like McAllum/ Bayliss every single season.
We will need to sell every season, regardless. That is the whole model. Brentford, who have the same model, are probably going to have to sell their best player, despite finishing 3rd.

We just have to get our heads round it as being a permanent way of life. Every new player has to be considered in the light of what his sell on fee might be. The club relies on a 'buy cheap - sell dear policy'. In the absence of a sugar-daddy, it's better than going broke. It costs £8m a year to keep QPR going before staff and player wages, and they are not even challenging at the top.

It's a reason why we have such a young squad.

shepardo01

I posted what I was told yesterday on a couple of threads before Boddys statement came out.

I do think that this could be make or break.
Wasps now need to be careful what they say, I was told straight up that they were lying and that was echoed by the statement from DB.
The next statement from Wasps will be interesting.

Contrary to what has been spun by Wasps,CCFC DID want to return and tabled offers "Very good offers" but was told that wasps kept moving the goalposts at the last minute. This frustrated CCFC a lot. Also echoed by statement.

It isn't the end of the Richo line yet....but it could be very close.

oldfiver

I don't really understand their "right" to be saying it. They don't appear to be a legitimate organisation. Do they have a constitution and rules? Are they abiding by their rules? Do their rules allow them to issue statements whenever they like, purporting to represent the views of their members without ever consulting them? Where's the transparency?

What is to stop Sky Blues Talk forming a more influential organisation representing a larger constituency? Or do we have to infiltrate the trust and take over? Is either (or both) of these approaches possible?

Here you go:

The Sky Blue Trust is an independent, democratic, not for profit, supporters’ group which operates transparently and with membership open to all Sky Blues supporters.

shepardo01

We will need to sell every season, regardless. That is the whole model. Brentford, who have the same model, are probably going to have to sell their best player, despite finishing 3rd.

We just have to get our heads round it as being a permanent way of life. Every new player has to be considered in the light of what his sell on fee might be. The club relies on a 'buy cheap - sell dear policy'. In the absence of a sugar-daddy, it's better than going broke. It costs £8m a year to keep QPR going before staff and player wages, and they are not even challenging at the top.

It's a reason why we have such a young squad.
Don't think many do need to get their head around it. It is a way of existence for most clubs. Sadly any sale of a player gets greeted by the anti SISU/ bereft of reality group of people as a lack of ambition (the same group of people that believe that staying away will also be good for the club!)

Mucca Mad Boys

Even if the EU complaint is successful, I can’t see how SISU would be able to buy the RICOH. The relationship between the CCC and CCFC is completely broken.

Factor in the desire for the CCC to make the Wasps project successful. It would probably be easier for the club to build a new stadium.

usskyblue

I understand the anger and the feeling of wanting to do something about it.....but all this talk of removing bricks and statues is playing right in to the hands of the people we disagree with most. Do you think the Trust will back you up in the media? Do you think the CET will paint you as victims of CCC and W*sps’ bullshit?

All it will do is give these Twitter and FB trolls ammunition and recruitment fodder.

If you want your voice heard, make a bold statement from this forum and when fans are allowed back in - GO AND SUPPORT THE TEAM.

After all that’s happened, anyone still stuck in the Sixfields days needs to be left behind anyway. They are toxic and terminal.

mr_monkey

Even if the EU complaint is successful, I can’t see how SISU would be able to buy the RICOH. The relationship between the CCC and CCFC is completely broken.

Factor in the desire for the CCC to make the Wasps project successful. It would probably be easier for the club to build a new stadium.

This is exactly what people need to get their head around, if wasps go bust the Ricoh goes back to the council and there is no way in hell they would sell it to sisu and I'm certain sisu are very aware of this now as well

Mucca Mad Boys

This is exactly what people need to get their head around, if wasps go busy the Ricoh goes back to the council and there is no way in hell they would sell it to sisu and I'm certain sisu are very aware of this now as well

I assume the assumption being made is that the CCC would be desperate for Cov to play in the RICOH if the Wasps project failed to prevent it becoming a white elephant. A huge stain of council mismanagement.

However, that does not mean that the CCC would be inclined to sell the RICOH to the club. If the relationship is broken and vindictive now, how it be improved if Wasps left Coventry for whatever reason?

We would still be in the position of the RICOH being the only place in Coventry that could house us. Not a good place to start negotiations.

If I could see a route to owning the RICOH, I’d get it. I just cannot see it happening.

mr_monkey

I assume the assumption being made is that the CCC would be desperate for Cov to play in the RICOH if the Wasps project failed to prevent it becoming a white elephant. A huge stain of council mismanagement.

However, that does not mean that the CCC would be inclined to sell the RICOH to the club. If the relationship is broken and vindictive now, how it be improved if Wasps left Coventry for whatever reason?

We would still be in the position of the RICOH being the only place in Coventry that could house us. Not a good place to start negotiations.

If I could see a route to owning the RICOH, I’d get it. I just cannot see it happening.

Exactly the same here, the best we could ever hope for is another loaded rental deal which wouldn't be beneficial to the club at all. We need to own our stadium and get 100% of the revenues from it. The Ricoh has been a shit show since day one

SeaSeeEffCee

Don't think many do need to get their head around it. It is a way of existence for most clubs. Sadly any sale of a player gets greeted by the anti SISU/ bereft of reality group of people as a lack of ambition (the same group of people that believe that staying away will also be good for the club!)
Most players these days will be brought in with the hopes of being able to resell for a profit within the length of their contract. Wouldn't surprise me if we were able to sell someone like Hamer for 3-4x what we paid off that back of a good season.

SBT

Agree that from a negotiation standpoint, it is smart for SISU to give the appearance of having other options in Coventry. But that doesn't mean it's SISU's end goal. Why did they buy CCFC in the first place?

Users who are viewing this thread