Boddy Update (2 Viewers)

Grendel

yeah! But now is time to ramp it up. Am I wrong? I'm not on about rioting just being a bit more disruptive than we were before. Or as Harry said, target city of culture.
We're being exiled from our own city and we need to do something about it.
If they start digging the footings on the Uni stadium tomorrow I'll chill out about the Ricoh but we all know that that day is a long way off at best.

I’m all in for a bit of guerrilla action but doubt many will

ccfcway

NDA doesn't matter really, the EFL seem to be agreeing with CCFC.

How is that?. The club had a deadline to say where it’s playing and after EFL have allowed the club to extend it, the club have come back and said it will be St. Andrews and EFL have accepted.

That’s not them taking sides on wasps v ccfc, that’s them content with ccfc playing home games “somewhere”

tisza

Fair play to Boddy.
Direct and to the point.
Calling wasps bluff by saying paperwork is there.
Had been all this talk of decent relations below ownership level.
Can't see a way back for the 2 clubs "relationship".

Saddlebrains

yeah! But now is time to ramp it up. Am I wrong? I'm not on about rioting just being a bit more disruptive than we were before. Or as Harry said, target city of culture.
We're being exiled from our own city and we need to do something about it.
If they start digging the footings on the Uni stadium tomorrow I'll chill out about the Ricoh but we all know that that day is a long way off at best.

Im advocating smashing the place up or setting it on fire tbf

Nick

Administrator
How is that?. The club had a deadline to say where it’s playing and after EFL have allowed the club to extend it, the club have come back and said it will be St. Andrews and EFL have accepted.

That’s not them taking sides on wasps v ccfc, that’s them content with ccfc playing home games “somewhere”

He was asking about the EFL confirming there was a deadline.

If you look all the way through, they have been kept up to date and involved in discussions. Pretty sure if Wasps were ringing CCFC for a deal a minute before the deadline then the EFL would have been told about it.

mr_monkey

Fair play to Boddy.
Direct and to the point.
Calling wasps bluff by saying paperwork is there.
Had been all this talk of decent relations below ownership level.
Can't see a way back for the 2 clubs "relationship".

It's so simple now... Wasps come out and say ok cool NDA is dropped and we then get to see everything and know the truth.

Wasps refuse to drop the NDA and then
logically everything boddy has said the last two days is confirmed to be true

If they do refuse then the fucking local media better ask questions as to why otherwise they are as complicat

Saddlebrains

Can you get the bricks out first?

See this gets to me aswell. People saying they want their bricks back. And whilst fully understandable, just do it then. What are they going to do if 50 odd people turn up one night and dig the fuckers out? Cant see WMP giving a shit

Monty

Thinking slightly outside the box, what happens if we as fans by a bond or 2 each. The bonds are secured on the stadium. My hope is that SISU have been gradually buying them but if enough fans bougjt a couple of the bonds each we could have a lot of influence in the next year

AOM

This?
16581cc3eefbc1b55f962b8660d43038.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The clubs statement has obviously ruffled a few feathers...

Ring Of Steel

Boddy is the man- the way he kept his mouth shut when Peterborough, Tranmere et al were embarrassing themselves publicly, now he drops a few home truths on these slippery fucking Wasps people.

I don’t know how he has kept his patience this long if this is the kind of cuntishness that Wasps use when taking part in “talks”. He’s a better man than me for sure- all these games by them since he joined us, I’d have totally lost the plot with them already and turned a few tables over in these meetings.

No idea what happens now, but it feels like a kind of victory to at least get some truth out there.

Happy_Martian

Gilbert's deep investigation into Wasps being involved in a takeover.

Wasps and Hoffman said no comment, that's it lads job done.

Nick, what did you expect ? That a journalist would chase up these dead ends and find alternative sources for their information ? Shocking.

clint van damme

They arent real bricks are they? I thought they were just brick faces on the board.

If I could just remove mine without touching or bothering anybody else's I would but I cant see how?

so what, it's never going to be our stadium again, maybe that's it, reclaim your brick day.
Load if of us up there, chiselling out brick, letting off some pyro and abusing cunts who are taking the piss on social media.

Nick

Administrator
so what, it's never going to be our stadium again, maybe that's it, reclaim your brick day.
Load if of us up there, chiselling out brick, letting off some pyro and abusing cunts who are taking the piss on social media.

Yeah I get that but if I was to damage the ones surrounding.

IF there was a brick for example taking them out cleanly.....

clint van damme

Yeah I get that but if I was to damage the ones surrounding.

IF there was a brick for example taking them out cleanly.....

if we go bust those bricks will probably get rendered over and some wasps shit put on top of them.
We may never be at the Ricoh again.
If it worries you that much we'll have a whip round and get a professional advise on removal!

Moff

I’m all in for a bit of guerrilla action but doubt many will

Fuck it, I’m in!

What have you heard about Richardson G?
By all accounts I have said for a long time that they are not on a good financial footing and this was pre Covid.

Even those with little Rugby knowledge can see that clubs with a solid loyal fan base are struggling, (those without the huge debt that Wasps are carrying) and are in a financial mire, so it pleases me no end to see the financial abyss that Wasps are heading for. No crowds, large overheads at the stadium and no concerts etc at the stadia to raise much needed cash, oh my heart bleeds!

johnwillomagic

Personally I think Boddy a man of few carefully chosen words has spoken to speak out speaks volumes.

I am up for supporting the boys at St Andrews after this for sure but it is essential that plans for new ground do develop and are regularly communicated I personally think we should give up on Ricoh or at least adopt that mindset so that new ground is focused on 100% and developed with regular communication with fans showing tangible progress.

Grendel where do you stand on this now? Leaning more towards the owners or wasps/council? I suppose we could all say neither but have to say in recent times I'm with Sisu and Boddy so will get my conditional support but we need constant updates one new stadium plans.

I do think regardless if people can see there way to supporting Mark Robins and the boys when they can at St Andrews it will go a long way!
I think MR and the boys will need all the support they can get form us in coming months.

clint van damme

Personally I think Boddy a man of few carefully chosen words has spoken to speak out speaks volumes.

I am up for supporting the boys at St Andrews after this for sure but it is essential that plans for new ground do develop and are regularly communicated I personally think we should give up on Ricoh or at least adopt that mindset so that new ground is focused on 100% and developed with regular communication with fans showing tangible progress.

Grendel where do you stand on this now? Leaning more towards the owners or wasps/council? I suppose we could all say neither but have to say in recent times I'm with Sisu and Boddy so will get my conditional support but we need constant updates one new stadium plans.

I do think regardless if people can see there way to supporting Mark Robins and the boys when they can at St Andrews it will go a long way!
I think MR and the boys will need all the support they can get form us in coming months.

this is imperative.

Nick

Administrator
if we go bust those bricks will probably get rendered over and some wasps shit put on top of them.
We may never be at the Ricoh again.
If it worries you that much we'll have a whip round and get a professional advise on removal!

Oh, I couldn't give a shit about Wasps.

I meant more about other people's bricks :)

clint van damme

Oh, I couldn't give a shit about Wasps.

I meant more about other people's bricks :)

and what are those bricks going to be part of, a rugby stadium owned by a London club, who fucking wants their brick to be part of that?Who's going to visit it and when? before a rugby game?

Nick

Administrator
and what are those bricks going to be part of, a rugby stadium owned by a London club, who fucking wants their brick to be part of that?Who's going to visit it and when? before a rugby game?

I'd be annoyed if somebody with the brick near ours tried to get them out and ruined it to be honest.

I don't want it to be there, I don't want to risk fucking other people's up.

If we know somebody who can get them all out cleanly then lets do it! Just didn't want to go at them with a hammer and chisel.

Saddlebrains

Is it bad that i am at rhe point where i actually want them to take the Club Crest down?

I dont actually want us associated with that cesspit now. Probably the anger talking

chiefdave

Boddy added:

“Throughout my three-and-a-half-year career at the club, Wasps have consistently and flagrantly ignored critical deadlines set for us by the EFL and treated them and those deadlines with disrespect. In fact, they only instructed solicitors to act for them on Monday morning when they were well aware of the Monday 5pm deadline.

“It happened regularly when we agreed the one-year extension to our last license for the 2018-19 season. The EFL have been nothing but supportive during the whole period of time I have been at the Club.”
I used to have a contact at ACL, they've left now as they said it turned into an old boys club, but this is entirely consistent with what they've told me in the past regarding the way Wasps have treated the club as I've mentioned before on here. We have to battle for everything and get changed extra for any little thing that's specified in the contract.

chiefdave

NDA doesn't matter really, the EFL seem to be agreeing with CCFC.
If you were a local journalist surely you're straight on the phone to the EFL, "did you inform Wasps of the deadline". Its a simple yes or no question with no ambiguity and surely can't be against an NDA as its not actually part of negotiations.

Reactions: AOM

Nick

Administrator
If you were a local journalist surely you're straight on the phone to the EFL, "did you inform Wasps of the deadline". Its a simple yes or no question with no ambiguity and surely can't be against an NDA as its not actually part of negotiations.

Come on now.

They will email Wasps to ask if they knew, wasps will reply with no

EXCLUSIVE: WASPS DIDNT KNOW ABOUT A DEADLINE

mr_monkey

@Tom Leach any comment? Surely as a Coventry city fan you will be pressuring your employer to ask wasps to drop the NDA (maybe even help run a campaign about it ;) )

Users who are viewing this thread