Match Thread Birmingham City (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

I wouldn’t even say it’s stronger let alone much better

Godden didn’t start against Brum, this was the team:

F46B9F5C-1938-46F9-81B3-D9CF85441774.jpeg

We played most of the first 90 mins without Godden, and all of it and the first half of ET without Walsh.

I can’t see how you can argue that XI is stronger TBH. Walker over Baka, McCallum over Mason, Østigård over Pask, Sheaf over Westbrooke and arguably Rose over McFadz IMO.

SlowerThanPlatt

Godden didn’t start against Brum, this was the team:

View attachment 17558

We played most of the first 90 mins without Godden, and all of it and the first half of ET without Walsh.

I can’t see how you can argue that XI is stronger TBH. Walker over Baka, McCallum over Mason, Østigård over Pask, Sheaf over Westbrooke and arguably Rose over McFadz IMO.

I was going of the first game. That team was definitely better

shmmeee

I was going of the first game. That team was definitely better

Not sure I’d say we “played them off the park” in the first game. My view was limited but I remember it being more of a stalemate.

We changed formation for the replay and by all accounts (I didn’t go) looked a lot more competitive for it. Same formation this time with better players is something to be optimistic about I think.

johnwillomagic

Hmm still not 100% sure on injuries as MR kept cards close to chest - reckon we will probably line up with this side below as things stand.
(not the team I would play but could change with injury feedback) - need to win and think we will 2-1 for some reason.

Marosi
Giles Hyam Fadz Rose McCallum

Sheaf Hamer

O'Hare

Godden Walker

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Osti, Allen, Kelly, Shipley, Biamou

cc84cov

Hmm still not 100% sure on injuries as MR kept cards close to chest - reckon we will probably line up with this side below as things stand.
(not the team I would play but could change with injury feedback) - need to win and think we will 2-1 for some reason.

Marosi
Giles Hyam Fadz Rose McCallum

Sheaf Hamer

O'Hare

Godden Walker

Subs: Wilson, Pask, Osti, Allen, Kelly, Shipley, Biamou
Agree with this but feel Shipley will start over O’Hare

Saddlebrains

If we lose this its panic button time. Could be 7 points off the next placed team come Saturday. Already a mountain to climb if so. Hope the injuries aren't as bad as they seem, this is a massive game

johnwillomagic

I'm not sure we have anywhere near the number of injuries that some are reporting/getting from facebook.
Don't think MR has confirmed the injury rumours and we will have a lot more players at our disposal tomorrow....

87 n all that

I'm not sure we have anywhere near the number of injuries that some are reporting/getting from facebook.
Don't think MR has confirmed the injury rumours and we will have a lot more players at our disposal tomorrow....
Apparently he was asked about Godden and Hamer by the CET and didn’t shed any light on their injuries. I’m hoping that means they’ll play tomorrow.

Frostie

Apparently he was asked about Godden and Hamer by the CET and didn’t shed any light on their injuries. I’m hoping that means they’ll play tomorrow.

So you both listen to rumours rather than go to the source then moan about others posting it as you consider it rumours even though they are Robins' actual words... ironic!
:ROFLMAO:

Rugby Sky Blue

Lose this one then I will start to be worried, its okay losing to the likes of Watford but we need to pick up points against teams like Birmingham, I have been telling myself that City will get points against the teams around us so lets hope that is true.

speedie87

6 months off has properly fucked us. I really didn't think we'd be struggling this much. Lets hope other teams do actually break down as the season progresses and we just get stronger.

The 6months won’t have helped but this league is quantum leap in terms of quality of individual players in it from lge 1

Liquid Gold

The 6months won’t have helped but this league is quantum leap in terms of quality of individual players in it from lge 1
We're not getting injured because our players are getting their legs in knots as the opposition does too many step overs, they're not up to match speed.

mark82

If we lose this its panic button time. Could be 7 points off the next placed team come Saturday. Already a mountain to climb if so. Hope the injuries aren't as bad as they seem, this is a massive game

Would take something extraordinary for us to be 7 points behind the team above. Would need the 9 teams above us to all win for that to happen. We need to start winning but it's still just one game, it won't make or break our season.

Briles

Have we played what we would deem a "full strength" team this season?

robbiekeane

Can't believe Frostie has tried to back up fact by using the Cov Evening Telegraph as fact dear oh dear will some people never learn! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Well I think he’s citing their source rather than the telegraph...unless of course you’re suggesting they literally made up a quote, which even for a rag like the CET is a bit of a stretch

Asked if he will be fit for Friday's game, he added: “I don’t think he will make it, so I think he’ll be ruled out of this one."

"But I am absolutely open to giving everyone as long as possible to make the squad
."”

Users who are viewing this thread