Match Thread Birmingham City away (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

Gyokores really grew into the game after a slow start, maybe he's getting used to his role and the way we play. I was impressed with him though.
Agree...Gykores it's funny he played better 2nd half ....match fitness thing.

Better things to come from him.

Thought our whole team front to back were brilliant.

DannyThomas_1981

he had a very poor game
He wasn't at his best today I agree after what has been generally an accomplished season stepping up a level.

Remember also he's very young with just a couple of seasons as a professional under his belt. His rise in the professional ranks has been remarkable.

I think what others are trying to say Grendel is that he never lets his head drop and never hides - keeps at it and today he ended the game better than he started. He's had a decent season so far and I have confidence in Sam for the rest of the season.

jordan210

Pask did ok today. Dint really do anything wrong. But our attack has lost the threat of Dabo. As Pask doesn’t make the same kind of attacks

Greggs

YorkieYorkieYorkerez had a good game, looks like a player. Good point.

Londonccfcfan

We look so much better with 2 up front. Don't look as toothless when strikers arnt isolated. We were desperate a week ago. But front 3 done well with Walker coming back in a week it's positive.

Londonccfcfan

Midfield 3 of James Hamer and Sheaf is a good solid unit. I think Allen for Sheaf when we want fresh legs is a better change than a massively out of form Shipley though. Shipley was poor midweek and Allen very good with a goal on him then MR leaves Allen on the bench and puts Shipley on. Must be frustrating.

Flabbergasted. Defies any logic. Shipley has been shocking all season. Bar 1 or 2 decent games max.

mark82

As we seem to be building survival purely on loans I’d be trying to get Gyorkes on a loan for next season

He looks strong can run at players and has some presence. Definitely better bet than biamou or Bakayoko

Yeah, really like the look of him. Thought he played well today. Would be good to see him playing with Walker or Godden. Think that could be productive.

Think he can play left wing too, which gives a bit of flexibility.

Evo1883

Anybody who is into the stats, how can I find out how many km or miles o hare covers per match and how it compares with other attacking midfielders in the division

Paxman II

We gave away 9 corners. Do that again and the odds are we lose a goal or two. McCallum was by his standards poor today. We got worse when Sheaf went off and Shipley came on. Should have brought on Allen as there were plenty of heavy legs on the pitch. Gykores was very good as was Max until 75 mins. Hamer is just immense. James played well without uprooting any trees. Pask quiet but effective.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Anyone have any problems with I-follow today? Always been pretty good before, but buffering for most of the 2nd half, losing play and sound. Still, fortunately didn't miss anything important.

Terry Gibson's perm

Pask did ok today but there was a moment where Hamer? had the ball near to their box and looked right to where Dabo would have been and Pask was nowhere to be seen.

Esoterica

I must be the only one not yet sold on Gynecologeres. I mean he's clearly got better pedigree than Biamou and Baka but he's a direct upgrade, another defensive-minded forward. Not sure that's really what we needed, felt he looked lost when it came to beating a man, getting the ball out of his feet to get a shot off or playing a decisive pass in the final 3rd.

Liquid Gold

I must be the only one not yet sold on Gynecologeres. I mean he's clearly got better pedigree than Biamou and Baka but he's a direct upgrade, another defensive-minded forward. Not sure that's really what we needed, felt he looked lost when it came to beating a man, getting the ball out of his feet to get a shot off or playing a decisive pass in the final 3rd.
I think he’d be better on the shoulder but then we’d be putting Max in somewhere he isn’t going to do anything.

Users who are viewing this thread