Match Thread Birmingham City away (2 Viewers)

jordan210

After a good win at Home, St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium we now play Birmingham away at St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium....

If we play the same team was we did last night minus Dabo and play Gyökeres slightly higher. I think we should be able to get the 3 points.

2-1 city

Are we due anyone back from injury ?

ccfcmad1

Another big one good boost in confidence after last night, didn't realise how bad brums form has been 4 points in there last 8 games to say there not confident about getting a result is an understatement. Think it will be a tight game still which seems to be the case when we meet tight 1-0 win will do

Last edited:

Frostie

As much as last night was a bit of a “must win” match for us, this weekends Boylesports derby is “must not lose”

Agreed. With a decent buffer to the bottom 3 it's more important to stop teams below us picking up points.
I'd have been happy enough with 4 points from the Wednesday, Blues & Forest games so with 3 already on the board we're well placed.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Must not lose IMO, but don't want us to approach the game in that manner.

Don't think Biamou is fit so Allen come in for him. Pask replacing Dabo. Fadz on the bench.

Wilson
Pask Hyam Osti Sam
Hamer Sheaf James
O'Hare Allen
Gyokeres​

Marosi, Fadz, Eccles, Shipley, Bapaga, Jobello, Baka, Biamou, Dacosta (if fit, Kasta if not)

Mcbean

Prutton off Sky reckons 0-1 - Brum have lost Maik Keuiftenberg and are looking to pull another striker in by the deadline

Its a good time to play them - PUSB

Hobo

Dont see this as a must win game more a must not lose game. One we can win, which would be great, but technically an away game so a point would be acceptable.

skyblueelephant76

Prutton off Sky reckons 0-1 - Brum have lost Maik Keuiftenberg and are looking to pull another striker in by the deadline

Its a good time to play them - PUSB
Blues have will have had a 10 day break and have a pretty much fully fit squad so I'm not sure it's a good time to play them.

shmmeee

Tough one this. I’m not convinced by Wilson, but not sure he’s earned a dropping, I liked our shape second half when it looked more 433, Pask played well and deserves a chance but Fadz is back and Østigård can play RB.

Wouldn’t play Sheaf and James, but don’t want to start Shipley and like Allen in the front 3, think Biamou and Györkeres are too similar but Györkeres is our only left footed forward (other than Shipley).

Think I’d go:

Maroši
Pask Østigård Hyam McCallum
Hamer James Sheaf
O’Hare Györkeres Allen

But not entirely happy with that front 6.

kg82

Dont see this as a must win game more a must not lose game. One we can win, which would be great, but technically an away game so a point would be acceptable.
Do you think the home/away thing will have much effect here? I honestly don’t see how it can (I know people are saying it hasn’t as much since teams came back from the break... I think that was initially, seems to have gone back to a bit of normality recently). But with us, we obviously like playing there. There’s surely no difference with this one apart from changing rooms and possibly kit?

Brighton Sky Blue

Do you think the home/away thing will have much effect here? I honestly don’t see how it can (I know people are saying it hasn’t as much since teams came back from the break... I think that was initially, seems to have gone back to a bit of normality recently). But with us, we obviously like playing there. There’s surely no difference with this one apart from changing rooms and possibly kit?

Yep nullified advantage for both sides

Mcbean

Blues have will have had a 10 day break and have a pretty much fully fit squad so I'm not sure it's a good time to play them.
Fair enough -however they seem pretty depressed on their website as there is a suggestion in t tone Brum mail Juke may go plus 4 others - looks like a bit of dissent in the ranks

SleepyGinger

Birmingham had a fee agreed for striker Sam cosgrove from Aberdeen apparently. 2 million is the reported fee, not sure it will get done before Saturday.

Johhny Blue

Bit more pressure on them from their fans

PUSB-We_are_going_up

After a good win at Home, St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium we now play Birmingham away at St. Andrew's Trillion Trophy Stadium....

If we play the same team was we did last night minus Dabo and play Gyökeres slightly higher. I think we should be able to get the 3 points.

2-1 city

Are we due anyone back from injury ?
Fadz is back from suspension

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Wilson - not had a howler yet been pretty good imo
Pask - looked suitable back up RB rather than WB
Osti - Nothing needs to be said
Hyam - Was actually not that bad against Wednesday
McCallum - Been one of our best players this season imo
Sheaf - Had a good game against Wednesday
Hamer - Undroppable (unless he is close to a suspension, which he currently isnt)
James - Brings the experience in midfield without Kelly
Ohare - Wednesday was probably his best game for a while
Allen - looked pretty good as he came on against Wednesday
Gyokeres - Well taken goal hope he can score again

Bench:
Marosi, Fadz, Ried, Eccles, Shipley, Biamou/Baka, Bapaga

Hobo

Maybe not but different changing rooms, daft as it seems can make a difference breaking the normal matchday routine.

The biggest thing for me is a lack of fans which destroys the local derby eliment and turns it into just another game. That may or may not be in our favour - but this should have been one of the standout fixtures of the season regardless of respective league positions.

AOM

Maybe not but different changing rooms, daft as it seems can make a difference breaking the normal matchday routine.

The biggest thing for me is a lack of fans which destroys the local derby eliment and turns it into just another game. That may or may not be in our favour - but this should have been one of the standout fixtures of the season regardless of respective league positions.

Guess we don't have the issue with added travel time on the day for this game, but Robins was saying some of the home sides this year have put the away teams/us in freezing cold sports halls or separated squads in different changing rooms to be in line with social distancing, but also conveniently causing as much disruption as possible

Users who are viewing this thread