Transfer Rumour Billy Gilmour (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

I still wouldn’t rule it out. However well he performed last night, it won’t change the interested parties too much, he was hardly an unknown talent.

Chelsea and Gilmours requirements will still be the same as they were pre Euros.

Legia Sky Blue

I still wouldn’t rule it out. However well he performed last night, it won’t change the interested parties too much, he was hardly an unknown talent.

Chelsea and Gilmours requirements will still be the same as they were pre Euros.

Chelsea might be more tempted to keep him with them in view of his Euro performance. If not, and presuming Chelsea don't want to let him play for another PL team I would be amazed if we were chosen over the likes of say West Brom or Fulham. In regards to alerting new interested parties, maybe not in England, but it would have done in Europe, which could also give him options in Germany, Spain or Italy to consider. I still think the OP was on the wind up, but the response on here shows how desperate we all are for the club to move upwards in terms of transfer targets.

In terms of Chelsea's & Gilmour's requirements, pre tournament they might possibly have thought a middling Championship side would be perfect for guaranteeing him playing time I suppose, but his subsequent performance might give him the belief (and Chelsea's) to set their aims much higher.

Sky Blue Pete

Chelsea might be more tempted to keep him with them in view of his Euro performance. If not, and presuming Chelsea don't want to let him play for another PL team I would be amazed if we were chosen over the likes of say West Brom or Fulham. In regards to alerting new interested parties, maybe not in England, but it would have done in Europe, which could also give him options in Germany, Spain or Italy to consider. I still think the OP was on the wind up, but the response on here shows how desperate we all are for the club to move upwards in terms of transfer targets.

In terms of Chelsea's & Gilmour's requirements, pre tournament they might possibly have thought a middling Championship side would be perfect for guaranteeing him playing time I suppose, but his subsequent performance might give him the belief (and Chelsea's) to set their aims much higher.
A season running our midfield would be brilliant for his career is the point

slowpoke

I think Chelsea see him as a replacement one day for N’Golo Kante one of the best in his position in the world. Chelsea imo will push Manchester City all the way this season Gilmour will struggle to push Kante out and establish himself in the first team but needs more than U/23 football they may see him being a regular sub but they do have a policy of loaning out top rated youngsters at 19/20 who would likely get in lower premier teams to championship clubs rather than bench them Tammy Abrahams, Reece James, Mason Mount you have to say very successfully for club, player and country. Don’t know how solid this rumour is or where it came from but if he goes out to a championship club why not us lot of uncertainty from the relegated three no manager at West Brom Sheffield United with a new manager and talk of Fulhams Scott Parker manager going to Brighton if Potter goes to Everton. We are a fairly settled outfit, play a good brand of football with good manager and ex Chelsea Ady Viveash puts us in as good position as anyone.

Last edited:

Greggs

I think Chelsea see him as a replacement one day for N’Golo Kante one of the best in his position in the world. Chelsea imo will push Manchester City all the way this season Gilmour will struggle to push Kante out and establish himself in the first team but needs more than U/23 football they may see him being a regular sub but they do have a policy of loaning out top rated youngsters at 19/20 who would likely get in lower premier teams to championship clubs rather than bench them Tammy Abrahams, Reece James, Mason Mount you have to say very successfully for club, player and country. Don’t know how solid this rumour is or where it came from but if he goes out to a championship club why not us lot of uncertainty from the relegated three no manager at West Brom Sheffield United with a new manager and talk of Fulhams Scott Parker manager going to Brighton if Potter goes to Everton. We are a fairly settled outfit, play a good brand of football with good manager and ex Chelsea Ady Viveash puts us in as good position as anyone.
Tammy Abraham. Where did Abrahams come from? Is he mates with Chris Eubanks?

Legia Sky Blue

A season running our midfield would be brilliant for his career is the point

It would be brilliant for us too and I would love it to be true, but if you take off the Sky Blue Specs for a second, you should ask yourself why he or Chelsea would prefer us over teams more likely to be fighting for promotion, or indeed say a team in the Bundesliga. The only reason would be if you thought he wouldn't play regularly for those teams, but that seems unlikely to me. If I were Chelsea I would either keep him and give him more game time, or loan him to the Bundesliga to develop further like Bellingham has.

slowpoke

Are we that much worse than Reading, QPR or Cardiff we beat them all and not with what I consider anything like our best team, I’m certain Robins will sign better players when we got our best team back and flowing in the final weeks of the season I thought we fid okay and I’m certain we will be a much better team this season.

SlowerThanPlatt

Are we that much worse than Reading, QPR or Cardiff we beat them all and not with what I consider anything like our best team, I’m certain Robins will sign better players when we got our best team back and flowing in the final weeks of the season I thought we fid okay and I’m certain we will be a much better team this season.

We finished between 13 and 15 points behind them sides. That is a considerable difference over 46 games

Reactions: TTG

no_loyalty

Agreed, but Bundesliga would be even more positive, as would playing for a top end Championship club rather than a middling one.

TBF he would probably walk into one of the lower premiership teams, Palace, Southampton, Burnley etc.

slowpoke

We finished between 13 and 15 points behind them sides. That is a considerable difference over 46 games
Depends how you look at it for a start we had nowhere near our best team available until March add to that some of those mad results like Forest, twice, daft penalties and sendings off hitting the woodwork twenty odd times and I know other teams will have similar stories but I bet none had the horrendous injury issue we had until the New Year.

Briles

How is this thread still alive?

fatso

This thread is fucking hilarious!
So many delusional twats actually trying to convince themselves that this loan could possibly happen, fucking priceless!

Bertola

He's tested positive for Covid. Isolating for 10 days, so not likely to feature in the rest of the tournament.

slowpoke

Possibly not been on radio that players wear vests that will be sent off and tested so it will now be a case of wait and see.

Users who are viewing this thread