Bigi off to Newcastle (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

if it is 500k - 1.2 million, they have nowt to lose

they could sell him to a championship club for that if he doesnt play a game for them

Sad times selling our kids before they even have chance to develop especially knowing the lad didn't want to go, where's the prince now with his in Hoffman I trust bollocks? We stuck with these wankers and everything is for sale

PVA

That's what I l always think, I don't get it. But Huckerby signed for Leeds when he didn't want to?

If you enjoy your job, and someone offers you a slightly less enjoyable job but they will double or triple, maybe more, your wages, then you will leave. Even if you don't want to, you can't turn down an offer like that.

I wouldn't anyway.

wingy

If we let him go for that little its ridiculous.

I'm hoping that they've been able to get something serious and it negates the need for Keoghs sale but don't hold much hope,he will go,you only have to see TFs comments "theres always a figure X,But if its dribs and drabs he'll stay " ,its cash they need and one way or another they'll raise it:(

mark82

I'm hoping that they've been able to get something serious and it negates the need for Keoghs sale but don't hold much hope,he will go,you only have to see TFs comments "theres always a figure X,But if its dribs and drabs he'll stay " ,its cash they need and one way or another they'll raise it:(

Wouldn't mind if it was going to be reinvested.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
id like to see bigi paly till january then decide should we let him go or not, be very interesting see how he does in league 1!

When he made his debut in the opening game of last season, he was our best player on the park. Played with his head up, confident on the ball, did the simple thing and didn't waste possession. He maintained a decent run of form for the first quarter or third of the season and then went downhill somewhat (admittedly, by his early high standards). Unsurprising, in a long relegation tinged debut season. I was looking forward to seeing more of him this season. A little more time on the ball, a few more wins under his belt, that bit more experience. I think he would have started to add a little consistency to his potential. Newcastle are a big club who have had a fantastic season. He seems to genuinely love Coventry for giving him a chance and being his local team, but would have had little option if the Club were negotiating the sale. He won't be in the first team for Newcastle much this season, maybe a bit of a cup run. He would no doubt benefit from a season long loan out and I think a loan back to us would seem to suit all parties. Disappointing, but not surprising in any real way. If we never learn of the fee, but suspect it is too little and not much of it is to be reinvested, we can rest assured SISU are still doing what they do best. If he is gone, best of luck. No animosity here, we didn't quite see the best of him, but he is a likeable and talented kid. Hope it comes good for him.

georgehudson

if this manoevre is true, then, i am so sad, a real talent is whisked away from OUR CLUB by people who have nothing but an immediate miniscule, financial gain in their heads,
no respect or idea in building a club, merely short term gain,
those persons who profess to have the club's best interest at heart are LIARS,
on the personal side, i wish GB the very best, i'm sure he will always have the real CCFC in his heart, & not the myopic owners,
there are biblical references that will exemplify this, (some fell on stony ground),
we remain a phoenix ready to rise from the ashes after all we have been subjected to,

PUSB

Grendel

if this manoevre is true, then, i am so sad, a real talent is whisked away from OUR CLUB by people who have nothing but an immediate miniscule, financial gain in their heads,
on the personal side, i wish GB the very best, i'm sure he will always have the real CCFC in his heart, & not the myopic owners,
there are biblical references that will exemplify this, (some fell on stony ground),
we remain a phoenix ready to rise from the ashes after all we have been subjected to,

PUSB

What nonsense.

SkyBlue_Bear83

When he made his debut in the opening game of last season, he was our best player on the park. Played with his head up, confident on the ball, did the simple thing and didn't waste possession. He maintained a decent run of form for the first quarter or third of the season and then went downhill somewhat (admittedly, by his early high standards). Unsurprising, in a long relegation tinged debut season. I was looking forward to seeing more of him this season. A little more time on the ball, a few more wins under his belt, that bit more experience. I think he would have started to add a little consistency to his potential. Newcastle are a big club who have had a fantastic season. He seems to genuinely love Coventry for giving him a chance and being his local team, but would have had little option if the Club were negotiating the sale. He won't be in the first team for Newcastle much this season, maybe a bit of a cup run. He would no doubt benefit from a season long loan out and I think a loan back to us would seem to suit all parties. Disappointing, but not surprising in any real way. If we never learn of the fee, but suspect it is too little and not much of it is to be reinvested, we can rest assured SISU are still doing what they do best. If he is gone, best of luck. No animosity here, we didn't quite see the best of him, but he is a likeable and talented kid. Hope it comes good for him.
Yep he has quality, I was hoping against a lower quality of opposition his talent would shine through. Hopefully get a few wins and get his and the teams confidence up and we could really see what he is capable of. It could have been a massive season for him where his career really took lift off

Instead he will probably play in this development squad, get a few loans to championship/league 1 clubs but probably only 3 months at a time which means he doesn't have time to settle or gel with his team mates. Then he will probably slip off the face of the footballing world after 3/4 year an Newcastle sell him to a league 1 or championship side an spend the rest of his career floating from club to club in the English divisions.

He is only 18, he would be better off staying here and trying to create a name for himself and then moving on in 4 years time or so when he would be ready to possibly compete for a place in a premiership side.

Nonleagueherewecome

You raised the names and drew comparison, not I...

Classic WUM Entrapment you fell into, MMM! You should know better than to reply to users like that. Any City fan who is actually ACTIVELY ENCOURAGING the selling of our youth products before they are ready or want to go clearly doesn't deserve the attention.

torchomatic

I get your drift, but that made me feel a little nauseous. We've always sold off the "family silver" and we always will. There is no way a cash-strapped club like ours can resist. Seems foolish and short term but it's always been the way. Some thought the world would end when Danny thomas, Chris Kirkland, Callum Davenport and a myriad of others went. It didn't.

I don't want him to leave, but good luck to him if he wishes to. I have to say i don't think he's that good.

PUSB

torchomatic

he hasn't gone yet, never mind saying that he's been forced out of the club.

Sad times selling our kids before they even have chance to develop especially knowing the lad didn't want to go, where's the prince now with his in Hoffman I trust bollocks? We stuck with these wankers and everything is for sale

Grendel

he hasn't gone yet, never mind saying that he's been forced out of the club.

No and I am still not convinced this is not just some rumour that has been given as fact on message boards. Pardew only returned from holiday yesterday.

Grendel

I get your drift, but that made me feel a little nauseous. We've always sold off the "family silver" and we always will. There is no way a cash-strapped club like ours can resist. Seems foolish and short term but it's always been the way. Some thought the world would end when Danny thomas, Chris Kirkland, Callum Davenport and a myriad of others went. It didn't.

I don't want him to leave, but good luck to him if he wishes to. I have to say i don't think he's that good.

Yes and that is exactly the point I was about to make. The only real argument is deployment of funds. All this moral outrage is just ridiculous. The notion that a debt ridden club in Division One can resist the overtures of a Premier League giant is just nonsense. The outrage actually is also disingenuous as when I raise the Southampton issue the reply refers to the amount of money they received for all their players. So even those who profess to be outraged would see the silver but at a higher price.

My view is if the sale allowed a better contract for Keogh or funded 2 experienced players then it is good business. We have to think short term as we need to assemble a squad that is good enough to get out of the division quickly. Personally out of him, Thomas and Christie I think he will have the least impact at this level. He is very inexperienced. He may become a very good player and everyone hopes that but he could just as easily fade without trace and that is likely to occur with us in this league.

Again I also agree this is hypothetical as I do not see on any official site that this is happening.

mattylad

come on get real, most lower premiership players would jump at playing for newcastle let alone someone who has to play in the first div! Fleck will be hopefully be an excellent replacement

torchomatic

Well, the annoying thing for me is that we are a bigger, richer, better supported club than Newcastle and in a higher league.

No one wants him to go but we are Coventry City.

Sky

People are already saying good luck on his facebook profile and he's thanking them so unless something drastic happens he'll be gone by today

aodea

be very sad to see him go. Seems like a nice lad and had bags of potential, but its only potential. He had some bad games for us last year and if he stays will have some bad games this year. i would be delighted if he was loaned back after a fee was agreed but unlikely i guess.

CCFCSteve

be very sad to see him go. Seems like a nice lad and had bags of potential, but its only potential. He had some bad games for us last year and if he stays will have some bad games this year. i would be delighted if he was loaned back after a fee was agreed but unlikely i guess.

Knowing our history of bad management he'll be loaned out all right, probably to one of our league one rivals !!!! (ala Davenport)

We've always been a selling club and a poor one at that. If they can get a decent price for him, then Id accept the sale, wish him luck and move on. Unfortunately we never appear to negotiate decent deals for players...never have, probably never will !!!

Users who are viewing this thread