Bigi off to Newcastle (1 Viewer)

Sewelly

I'm not sure he's strong enough mentally and physically for scrappy League 1 football. It pains me to say it but I think this is a good move for him personally. He needs to develop somewhere he'll be given time and space on the ball. He's a very talented player but not quite strong enough at this stage. Newcastle will take that raw talent and vision and develop him into the player we all know he can become. Good luck to the lad.

Just a shame that our owners will be selling him for what we all know will be fuck all. And why? When he won't be cutting into the wage budget much at all.

Obviously I hope this is true but it's a shame some clubs have this attitude nowadays, sounds like he was really committed to the cause in the past and was a bit of a favourite from some of my reading.

SkyBlue_Bear83

They are better players and the value reflects that.
Walcott was never worth 10 million when he was sold by Southampton, I wouldn't really say they Walcott was a better player at only 21 appearances for Southampton. He was overhyped as he was English

Obviously I hope this is true but it's a shame some clubs have this attitude nowadays, sounds like he was really committed to the cause in the past and was a bit of a favourite from some of my reading.

I couldn't blame him at all for making the move. Tbh, I couldn't blame any of our players for leaving. It's a club in turmoil, why would you want to stay? I do remember he is supposed to have said he would never play for any club but Coventry. We all knew when the choice came common sense would prevail though :)

It wasn't that we wasn't committed - he's a top lad from a very humble background. As I said, he's just too much of a raw talent to really take the bull by the horns at the moment. He shouldn't have to be thrown into League 1 football and get battered week in week out. Newcastle is the best move for him, where he can be nurtured and introduced into the game gently.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I couldn't blame him at all for making the move. Tbh, I couldn't blame any of our players for leaving. It's a club in turmoil, why would you want to stay? I do remember he is supposed to have said he would never play for any club but Coventry. We all knew when the choice came common sense would prevail though :)

It wasn't that we wasn't committed - he's a top lad from a very humble background. As I said, he's just too much of a raw talent to really take the bull by the horns at the moment. He shouldn't have to be thrown into League 1 football and get battered week in week out. Newcastle is the best move for him, where he can be nurtured and introduced into the game gently.
You mean move to a club where he is likely to be loaned out to...say a league 1 club to learn his trade an gain experience :thinking about:

I wouldn't blame him either but I don't think it would be beneficial to his development.

You mean move to a club where he is likely to be loaned out to...say a league 1 club to learn his trade an gain experience :thinking about:

I wouldn't blame him either but I don't think it would be beneficial to his development.

You can hold me to this if you like but I'd be surprised if he was loaned out to a League 1 club.

Sewelly

What kind of midfielder is the lad in style then? If he is similar to Tiote on our books (tough holding player) then he might feature a bit more. if he's more technical I can't see him making much of an impression and it could be beneficial if this is that is the case to loan him back.

What kind of midfielder is the lad in style then? If he is similar to Tiote on our books (tough holding player) then he might feature a bit more. if he's more technical I can't see him making much of an impression and it could be beneficial if this is that is the case to loan him back.

His main attribute (in my opinion) is his distribution. When he first appeared on the scene he was likened to Michael Essien but he's certainly not tough enough yet for that comparison!

He needs to be more familiar with the game positionally and where people are around him at all times as he was caught in possession a fair few times last season. All of this comes with experience though.

Sawyer

Im living up in Newcastle and manage a football pub, I havent heard anyone talk about Bigi moving up here, maybe they dont know who he is, but for sure there isnt any talk from the fans of Newcastle that come into my pub at least.

Local paper does state however ..
"Bigirimana, 18, has been linked with United throughout the summer and with strapped Coventry City facing life in League One, the Sky Blues need every penny they can get. Sources in the Midlands today suggested a deal is close and despite former Newcastle defender and current Coventry boss Andy Thorn's desire to hold on to Bigirimana, he is now thought to be resigned to losing his young star."

Sky

indeed i am, he is simply not ready to leave everything behind and go half way across the country

Diehard Si

My mate ( who works there ) has just let me know he's known about this since Monday, but told not to say anything... he says there is an agreement in place to loan him back to us if he is struggling.

Interesting.

jabharty

Damn, well, I for one hope he doesn't go. He'd be playing regular first team football over here this season, and will probably be unlikely to play at Newcastle to improve his game.

stupot07

My mate ( who works there ) has just let me know he's known about this since Monday, but told not to say anything... he says there is an agreement in place to loan him back to us if he is struggling.

Interesting.

Struggling home sick?

Can't see him getting anywhere near their first team for at least 2 seasons.

CW6

Cant see him going, think hes head is more screwed on than that and just wants to play football and for this club. Even if SISU were trying to 'force' him out the club then surely he can just refuse to agree terms with Newcastle?

Sky

Interesting.
Hmmm "who works there" is very specific information cheers man.

mark82

Cant see him going, think hes head is more screwed on than that and just wants to play football and for this club. Even if SISU were trying to 'force' him out the club then surely he can just refuse to agree terms with Newcastle?

If he goes it would be absolutely his choice. Would be very short sighted by the club and player if the move was to go through.

torchomatic

Stevec189

If he goes it would be absolutely his choice. Would be very short sighted by the club and player if the move was to go through.

CCFC have never been in any position to reject offers for players regardless of who is in charge. Bigi, Clarke and Thomas are possibilities to go this transfer window and Christie in January if he is fit. The strategy is clearly laid out by the club in the accounts so it really should not be a surprise! Onwards and hopefully upwards! PUSB

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So if you were a Southampton fan you would have been outraged at Walcott and chamberlain leaving.

I would have have been so outraged as I'd have seen £27m coming into a club that was reinvesting in its youth and building for its future.

As opposed to picking up less than one twentieth of that value to cover losses for stupid decisions.

Apart from that, your comparison holds water.

Well, as much as ever...

Lord_Nampil

If Bigi leaves then i say good luck to him, i dont blame any one if he leaves, the same thing happened with Southampton when they were in league 1 and Premier league teams were sniffing round there young players!

What ever happens we seem to progressing and buying in the right players, if that means we wheel and deal so be it! Iv seen more in the last 2 weeks which make me think we are making progress! If others don't agree then fair enough but i can see something exciting happening!

Grendel

I would have have been so outraged as I'd have seen £27m coming into a club that was reinvesting in its youth and building for its future.

As opposed to picking up less than one twentieth of that value to cover losses for stupid decisions.

Apart from that, your comparison holds water.

Well, as much as ever...

And so does yours if you really think the 2 mentioned are the same as a young player who made a handful of appearances for the team and who the manager felt was inferior to bell deegan etc. he clearly was inferior to Norwood how much did he go for?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And so does yours if you really think the 2 mentioned are the same as a young player who made a handful of appearances for the team and who the manager felt was inferior to bell deegan etc. he clearly was inferior to Norwood how much did he go for?

You raised the names and drew comparison, not I...

SkyBlue_Bear83

You do know Gael has played more games than Walcott when he was sold and only about 10 less games than Chamberlain when he was sold (not to mention that Chamberlains games were at a lower level of football)

Diehard Si

Hmmm "who works there" is very specific information cheers man.
Deliberately as I often post snippets of gossip he gives me, but don't want to land him in crap by letting people know what he does, as there aren't that many who do the same job ;)

Users who are viewing this thread