Bigi off to Newcastle (1 Viewer)

PVA

the rumour is that he will indeed be loaned straight back to us.

Sawyer

It would have been perfect to keep him, next best thing would have been a loan back option straight away for the season (experience etc) but hey, Sisu wouldnt off been that smart.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Think we are forgetting it isnt SISU doing the player trading negotiations......... its Waggott, thats why he was brought in ..... I think it is fair to say he understands football and its transfer market

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Think we are forgetting it isnt SISU doing the player trading negotiations......... its Waggott, thats why he was brought in ..... I think it is fair to say he understands football and its transfer market

But surely, OSB58, he'll be so doing acting on SISU's behalf? Will he be empowered to turn down offers? Will he have absolute flexibility to achieve whatever price point he sees fair - or will he have to report progress back to SISU, who will in effect call the point at which the deal is acceptable to them.

I have sat and negotiated in many meetings in which the ultimate call on big deals is made by people, or boards not in that room. I suggest this would be the same

Brighton Sky Blue

A pittance to Newcastle is a fortune to us-if we get a lucrative fee and lots of add ons, I'm not complaining.

Grendel

But surely, OSB58, he'll be so doing acting on SISU's behalf? Will he be empowered to turn down offers? Will he have absolute flexibility to achieve whatever price point he sees fair - or will he have to report progress back to SISU, who will in effect call the point at which the deal is acceptable to them.

I have sat and negotiated in many meetings in which the ultimate call on big deals is made by people, or boards not in that room. I suggest this would be the same

Waggott has experience in this field and will secure the best deal possible. Of course he will have instructions but will have flexibility.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director

I know what you are saying MMM but he will be empowered to get the best deal he can in the circumstances. I am sure he will be aware that CCFC need to maximise on sales of players in order to provide money to run the business....... SISU are not about to argue with that.......... he, being a football man, will always recognise the importance of some players and the overall position for the squad, and whilst sales are inevitable he will be able to influence them from a team perspective not just from £'s. He was brought in to do the job, is paid to do the job, why do that if SISU are not going to follow his advice ? SISU will sign it off yes but they wont negotiate contracts etc - they will set the boundaries to work within though - thats why someone like Waggott is important because he will understand how to do the cleverer deals and get better value even from a poor budget.

This is not a dig at AT btw ...... as scout or manager contract negotiations is not something he has a great deal of knowledge of, certainly he wont have all the skills to maximise the worth of a contract for a player coming in or going out...... that is Waggotts skills

Last edited:

covcity4life

my only fear is that money may help short term but long term whats the benefit?

bigi will be a good player moving forward,help us get promoted

the money will make sisu feel better for 2-3 months and then same problem,and if we staty in league one it will only get worse

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
depends on the deal that may be done and how good Bigi becomes .......... or if he actually goes CC4L

mark82

my only fear is that money may help short term but long term whats the benefit?

bigi will be a good player moving forward,help us get promoted

the money will make sisu feel better for 2-3 months and then same problem,and if we staty in league one it will only get worse

Agree. I think with a good season this year he could have doubled or maybe trebled his value.

lordsummerisle

Agree. I think with a good season this year he could have doubled or maybe trebled his value.

With a bad season he could end up at Nuneaton.

Risks that all clubs have to weigh up(from both the buying and selling side), when dealing with young players.

ccfcway

Goalzone reporting it will completed within 48 hours

They have been bang on with all of our transfers so far

Chipfat

Need a good money upfront, performance bonus, have first option on Loan, but the most important 25% sell on clause... If we get this id be ok with the deal but still think it is very sad to see him go early.. I also hope that with this deal in the pipeline for a long time we have now secured or lined up more than a few replacements...

procdoc

1 million for a player of his potential?! Absolute daylight robbery. It makes me smile when some on here say things like 'I didn't think he was that great anyway', he was 17 when he broke into the team! I think he's one of the brightest prospects we've ever produced and should demand top dollar for him, not the pittance Newcastle have offered

SkyBlueJohnso

Sky reporting fee is £1mil plus sell on clause

if the sell on clause is decent, and we have 1st refusal on a loan deal i think he has to go. as much as i don't want him to and think he would do a great job for us this year, it could be a pretty decent deal for the club!

mark82

After another year could have potentially got a lot more. Let's hope there are lots of add ons and a sell on clause.

pusbccfc

Fuck off sisu
#SISUOUT

torchomatic

It's all speculation though isn't it? We sell him cheap and we will go "we should have got more". We sell him for loads and people will go "I bet we don't see any of it".

Personally, I would like him to stay. He has bags of potential but he's no Giggs or Owen just yet. I was talking to NLHWC in our staff room today and he said that he is potentially worth millions, which is true. There's no need to sell him now, but we don't know what the circumstances are. It's obvious everyone will blame SISU, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. I know I keep saying it but a club like us is never going to keep hold of great players. We never have done and unless we do a "Man City" then we never will. What's important is that whatever we do get is spent on replacements.

He seems a nice lad so I don't begrudge him his chance at the big time. I'm sure he's had a big say in the decision to let him go.

Nothing's official anyway.

torchomatic

Il Pirata

I think he is slightly overrated by the national press, we've seen more of him, but I'd still want about £1.5m for him.

Face facts, we are a broke League 1 club these days.

thorninmyside

for gods sake ...some fans. he is a kid who plays good football, however remember he was found out, naiive and not able to influence the games by the end of the season., he is a good buy for any club who want to take a kid on and bring him through... City are not in the position to do that... we need experienced players to get us back in the championship.. hence the 3 signings we have made! 1 million pounds for a unproven youngster with 3 or 4 good performances? bit their bloody hands off.

good luck to the kid and i hope he does get his contract with newcastle. he deserves it by all accounts, but please guys... less of the hero worshiping, he is no huge loss, and i dont mean any disrespect by that

SkyBlue_Bear83

If he had a good season with us this year and helped a promotion push we could have been getting twice that amount.

It's Ben Turner all over again

kg82

There's articles on-line in the independent, Guardian and Telegraph now about it which gives it a bit more credibility for me.

Stevec189

It's all speculation though isn't it? We sell him cheap and we will go "we should have got more". We sell him for loads and people will go "I bet we don't see any of it".

Personally, I would like him to stay. He has bags of potential but he's no Giggs or Owen just yet. I was talking to NLHWC in our staff room today and he said that he is potentially worth millions, which is true. There's no need to sell him now, but we don't know what the circumstances are. It's obvious everyone will blame SISU, but I'm sure there's more to it than that. I know I keep saying it but a club like us is never going to keep hold of great players. We never have done and unless we do a "Man City" then we never will. What's important is that whatever we do get is spent on replacements.

He seems a nice lad so I don't begrudge him his chance at the big time. I'm sure he's had a big say in the decision to let him go.

Nothing's official anyway.
There you go being all sensible again Tourch! PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread