Bigi off to Newcastle (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

At the end of the day.... if a club like Newcastle comes in for a player in the bottom of the Prem, Championship or L1 it is difficult for any club to keep hold on them.

We are a division 3 club.

I would welcome a deal where we get £1m and 1 or 2 players in exchange of 2 very good reserve team players on loan for a season.

torchomatic

Norwood did.

AFCCOVENTRY

NEWCASTLE UNITED are understood to be close to signing two youngsters as they look to bolster their squad ahead of what could be a long campaign on both the domestic and European front.

Buy Football Memorabilia on Ebay
Young Aussie Curtis Good - who was on trial at United last season - seems set to tie up his deal to Tyneside in around 10 days time while Coventry City's Gael Bigirimana is also thought to be within Newcastle's grasp.

Bigirimana, 18, has been linked with United throughout the summer and with cash strapped Coventry City facing life in League One, the Sky Blues need every penny they can get.

Sources in the Midlands today suggested a deal is close and despite former Newcastle defender and current Coventry boss Andy Thorn's desire to hold on to Bigirimana, he is now thought to be resigned to losing his young star.

For more transfer news see tomorrow's Evening Chronicle.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newc...n-double-swoop-72703-31333915/?#ixzz1zmPy5zEP

Grendel

You do know Gael has played more games than Walcott when he was sold and only about 10 less games than Chamberlain when he was sold (not to mention that Chamberlains games were at a lower level of football)
Next you'll be telling me that he'll be in the next world cup squad and score a hat trick against Croatia. If you seriously think he compares in any way to them you are on another planet to me.

AFCCOVENTRY

conversely, your argument doesn't hold water....which Premier league players would want to come to a L1 club???

I said reserve team players... youngsters who have made the grade for Premier reserve team footy or players who can't quite breakthrough.

mark82

Its not sounding promising is it, we can hope its all bull crap rumours!

Doesn't sound it. I genuinely think it's a short sighted move as he will go back to youth football at best. Probably not yet good enough to play for their reserves. If he stayed and had a good season we could get a good few million for him next year.

CW6

Doesn't sound it. I genuinely think it's a short sighted move as he will go back to youth football at best. Probably not yet good enough to play for their reserves. If he stayed and had a good season we could get a good few million for him next year.

The only reason which makes me feel that i will not happen is because he seems like a lad who loves the club and loves playing football, seems to have his head screwed on like i said earlier so hopefully will stick around for at least another season. But money does talk!

Disorganised1

Don't believe it - yet.

AFCCOVENTRY

Thing is we don't know if Newcastle have made a really good offer which is too good to turn down for a player who is still years away from really knowing how good he will be or might not be.

Bigi might not want to go but if we are offered decent money then SISU can't turn it down.

Simple as that.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Next you'll be telling me that he'll be in the next world cup squad and score a hat trick against Croatia. If you seriously think he compares in any way to them you are on another planet to me.
Haha, had they done them things before they go there transfer. When Walcott got his transfer he had 21 1st team appearances in the championship
When Chamberlain got his move he had made 36 appearances in league 1

I am not saying we should get 10 million for Gael but looking at Gaels achievements now compared to Walcott's and Chamberlains achievements when they were transferred, there is not a 10 million difference.

It is all well and good using their achievements after the transfer to justify the fee but unless you predicted the success at the time of the transfer it doesn't mean much

torchomatic

Nor me. If its on either of the official sites then fair enough.

torchomatic

I think its a fan thing.

Is that the offical Newcastle website though or is it just like our Cov Mad?

PVA

Is that the offical Newcastle website though or is it just like our Cov Mad?

No it's not their official site, but apparently only concrete info goes on there, unlike Cov Mad. (no disrespect to Cov Mad, but they often post rumours on there, This is apparently not a rumours site)

AFCCOVENTRY

The fact they reckon Bigi is the next Essien or Tiote is bit of a joke though. Toon army think they are signing some wonder kid.

lordsummerisle

I would have have been so outraged as I'd have seen £27m coming into a club that was reinvesting in its youth and building for its future.

As opposed to picking up less than one twentieth of that value to cover losses for stupid decisions.

Apart from that, your comparison holds water.

Well, as much as ever...

To be fair, after Walcott(and Bale) were sold for large sums they still pootled around in the Championship for a couple of years before going into admin, having 10 points deducted, and being relegated to League One.

Not quite what you meant by "reinvesting in the club and it's future".

Mary_Mungo_Midge

To be fair, after Walcott(and Bale) were sold for large sums they still pootled around in the Championship for a couple of years before going into admin, having 10 points deducted, and being relegated to League One.

Not quite what you meant by "reinvesting in the club and it's future".

In fairness, the Saints went into administration three years after they sold Walcott; during which time they had reinvested heavily in their youth set-up, including Chamberlain who had been there since the age of seven

lordsummerisle

In fairness, the Saints went into administration three years after they sold Walcott; during which time they had reinvested heavily in their youth set-up, including Chamberlain who had been there since the age of seven

Sold, despite being owned by a Billionaire's family and just been promoted to the Championship on a bit of a high.

Sometimes, you just can't keep players.

KersleyDigs

If Bigi leaves then i say good luck to him, i dont blame any one if he leaves, the same thing happened with Southampton when they were in league 1 and Premier league teams were sniffing round there young players!

What ever happens we seem to progressing and buying in the right players, if that means we wheel and deal so be it! Iv seen more in the last 2 weeks which make me think we are making progress! If others don't agree then fair enough but i can see something exciting happening!

Not true, they managed to hang onto Lallana and look at him now! Championship player of the season last year, unplayable at times.......

Sky

Sorry lads just found out from one of his good friends that he's gone and city didn't even put up a fight.

Sorry lads just found out from one of his good friends that he's gone and city didn't even put up a fight.

Did we expect anything else? The couldn't give a shit about the club's future.

You can accept him being sold. That's just realistic. But you can guarantee they weren't thinking long term about the future of the club and were more worried Newcastle would change their minds and they wouldn't get anything at all before they run off into the sunset.

Last edited:

torchomatic

So we won't be thanking you in August then?

SkyBlue_Bear83

What does Gael think of this?

Guess it's back to calling them Shitsu till we sign someone else now

Desperately need 2 CM now imo

wingy

Would have been funny if you hadn't of read it wrong

I read it right Sky ,now re-reading it i see where you think the pun came from ,was just emphasising the boy like you said would have preferred to stay .We know the realities of our finances and this was inevitable ,if he had'nt gone he could of ended like Turner ,never kick a ball here again.:(

AFCCOVENTRY

There seems to be mounting evidence that the signing of Coventry’s Burundian youngster, Gael Bigirimana, is on the cards at Newcastle United.
As regular readers may know, I don’t usually go in for these transfer rumours without solid evidence, however site regular, “Stephen C,” referred me to this story claiming that Bigirimana would be having a medical tomorrow, suggesting it was from a source he trusted so I thought I would check it out further.
Since then two independent sources claim that he has already been seen at the club’s Benton training ground, one from an NUFC fan on Twitta who I don’t know, and another from someone I do know. So, after all that, whilst I wouldn’t claim that it is certain by any means, after checking it out, I certainly wouldn’t discount it entirely either, but whatever the veracity, if he has indeed been at the club for talks and a medical is due tomorrow, we should know soon. The player has been the subject of speculation as a possible Toon signing for some time, with fees of anywhere between £500,000 and £1.2 million being suggested.
I’m no expert on Bigirimana, but the 18 year old is a Burundian born player who has been described as a defensive or alternatively a versatile “box to box” midfielder of great talent who won the Football League’s “Apprentice of the Year” award last season, as well as being Coventry’s “Community Player of the Year.” As you can see from the video below, he does seem to be a very nice lad who knows how to charm the oldies in the local community, and he has a hairstyle like a “gonk.”

http://www.nufcblog.org/2012/07/gae...-mounting-for-imminent-signing/?#.T_YEes1_ssw

torchomatic

Still nothing on any of the reliable news services.

Users who are viewing this thread