Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (6 Viewers)

olderskyblue

I’m home alone for a few days and was nosing through Netflix last night and saw The Umbrella Academy.

Doesn’t look like my usual thing but has anyone seen it and would you recommend it?
Weird, but I enjoyed it

AOM

Unbelievable on Netflix. Think it's an older series, but has been in the top trending this week.
Really good. Can be hard watching at times

Sky_Blue_Daz

Down the clubhouse on Bt sport
Essentially it’s the socially distant sports bar podcast on telly

AOM

Went to see The Black Phone at the cinema yesterday. Definitely recommend, really good

Hutch11

Better call Saul doesn't get the same respect as breaking bad but to me it's every bit as good , it will be a shame when the final episode is aired but I'm looking forward to it all the same

Otis

Better call Saul doesn't get the same respect as breaking bad but to me it's every bit as good , it will be a shame when the final episode is aired but I'm looking forward to it all the same
I do still prefer Breaking Bad, but it's a very close call. The characters are richer and fleshed out more on Better Call Saul.

LastGarrison

Down the clubhouse on Bt sport
Essentially it’s the socially distant sports bar podcast on telly
It's in the planner but not watched it yet! Missus is out tonight so will watch it then.

Can't remember if I have already put this on here but went to see the Elvis film at the Showcase last week and is is quality! Well worth a watch!!

Sky_Blue_Daz

It's in the planner but not watched it yet! Missus is out tonight so will watch it then.

Can't remember if I have already put this on here but went to see the Elvis film at the Showcase last week and is is quality! Well worth a watch!!
I think they are all available to watch if you have the BT app ,

Sky_Blue_Daz

some very good foreshadowing in BCS , particulary the cut from the open grave to the Gene {jimmy saul} lying in bed.

B-Ban-Boogie

Running out of stuff to watch, so I googled new drama's, and found 'Hotel Portofino' the other day..
Think its based on the 20's era and if I'm perfectly honest, it's a load of old tosh, but there are some ladies in it that kept a slight interest. ;)
The one positive thing I took from it was I now have a new destination to add to my bucket list..

Now watching the IPCRESS FILE...

As the Cold War rages, ex-smuggler turned reluctant spy Harry Palmer finds himself at the centre of a dangerous undercover mission, on which he must use his links to find a missing British nuclear scientist.

IPCRESS FILE

A couple of episodes in and its not too bad..(y)

LastGarrison

I think they are all available to watch if you have the BT app ,
Watched the first one last night and it was alright! Think I prefer listening to it whilst washing up/walking rather than watching on the TV but I'll give it another couple of episodes.

One thing I will say is that Stef's voice really doesn't fit with what he looks like!!! I feel like I'm watching someone who has been dubbed.

ajsccfc

I prefer BCS, I think a part of that is because Breaking Bad had already finished when I started it so got through it quickly whereas with this I'm at show pace and everything has time to breathe. If they end it well in the next few eps it's up there with the all-time best TV for me

chiefdave

Anyone else looking forwards to this? Out today on Netflix.
Love the original comics / graphic novels. The trailer looked great and the reviews are outstanding. Its always been referred to as unfilmable but this looks like its had serious money thrown at it and has the original writer, Gaiman, as producer and his track record is pretty good with TV and movies.

shmmeee

Love the original comics / graphic novels. The trailer looked great and the reviews are outstanding. Its always been referred to as unfilmable but this looks like its had serious money thrown at it and has the original writer, Gaiman, as producer and his track record is pretty good with TV and movies.

Ooh! Graphic novel. I might have a look at that instead.

Otis

Sounds interesting from the blurb, worth a watch?
I quite enjoyed it. Some of it suspends disbelief a little too much and you can tell it's from the makers of Lost. A lot of similarities.

Wouldn't say it was fabulous, but it's quite good.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Found the boxset of Fargo , really enjoyed the first series but fell out of the habit of watching it

Never saw the film either

Hutch11

Blackbird is quite good and a bit different
Be watching it tomorrow afternoon instead of the city , fuck you egg chasing wankers

Otis

Another fantastic episode of Better Call Saul, can't believe there's just the one left and that's it. So good
Yes.

I wonder if next week's will be an extended episode. I think it will have to be won't it? Usually final episodes of shows are longer.

Users who are viewing this thread