Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (12 Viewers)

Ian1779

Thought the fourth series of Stranger Things was the best so far.
Really liked the whole Freddy Kruegar/80's horror theme too. Robert Englund also made a cameo
When watching it I was also getting an IT (90’s TV movie) vibe from… might just have been the references as the time periods don’t really correlate.

Otis

I enjoyed it, but did feel it dragged somewhat. Just too long for me and I do think they could have made some cuts perhaps.

To be fair though, I did kind of watch them back to back, so maybe that wasn't the wisest move. That's nearly 4 hours of straight TV.

Reactions: AOM

AOM

I enjoyed it, but did feel it dragged somewhat. Just too long for me and I do think they could have made some cuts perhaps.

To be fair though, I did kind of watch them back to back, so maybe that wasn't the wisest move. That's nearly 4 hours of straight TV.

I assumed it was the final episode of the entire show being a 2 hour episode but turns out there's another series.

Thought it was brilliant, was really sad too

Otis

I assumed it was the final episode of the entire show being a 2 hour episode but turns out there's another series.

Thought it was brilliant, was really sad too
Oh, interesting. I didn't find it sad at all.

Otis

Sorry, forgot how to use the spoiler option.

1. Had zero empathy at all for the one.
2. The other one will be absolutely fine.

My daughter felt exactly the same way (we watched completely separately from each other)

I think you have to believe in, empathise with, and like a character, so you are then rooting for them and feel for them, for you to then feel their pain and feel saddened by what happens to them.

I do love the one character, but they are going to be absolutely fine I'm sure. The other character, zero empathy or association.

Last edited:

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I watched that Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

Absolutely gash sadly. Shame cause I'm a big Ewan McGregor fan, but they just keep killing Star Wars more and more.

Otis

Only Murders in the Building is good fun. I've always been a big fan of Steve Martin.

Season two has just started.

AOM

I watched that Obi-Wan Kenobi series.

Absolutely gash sadly. Shame cause I'm a big Ewan McGregor fan, but they just keep killing Star Wars more and more.

I thought that one scene in the last episode was top tier Star Wars.

Agree with the rest though, story was all over the shop and the whole thing seemed a bit pointless.
We know the characters survive to the films so where's the threat?

AOM

Sorry, forgot how to use the spoiler option.

1. Had zero empathy at all for the one.
2. The other one will be absolutely fine.

My daughter felt exactly the same way (we watched completely separately from each other)

I think you have to believe in, empathise with, and like a character, so you are then rooting for them and feel for them, for you to then feel their pain and feel saddened by what happens to them.

I do love the one character, but they are going to be absolutely fine I'm sure. The other character, zero empathy or association.

Ah really? 😂 I really liked them towards the end!
The death seemed a bit needless though, not sure what they achieved?

chiefdave

We know the characters survive to the films so where's the threat?
This is the problem with the Star Wars shows and trying to have shows about already known characters but stay within the existing storylines. You know nothing major is going to happen.

Found it enjoyable enough tho, I think because its Star Wars some people have very high expectations. Just take it for what it is, an inconsequential spin off, and I found it an enjoyable enough watch.

Reactions: AOM

stay_up_skyblues

Just finished episode 2 of Undeclared War on channel 4. Drama/thriller about an apparent Russian cyber attack. 5/10 so far but will stick with it for now.

Otis

Just finished episode 2 of Undeclared War on channel 4. Drama/thriller about an apparent Russian cyber attack. 5/10 so far but will stick with it for now.
Yeah, watched the first one. Perfectly decent TV to while away a few hours, but not stunningly great is it.

JAM See

Bit late on parade, but I've just finished Sherwood.

Quality television.

AOM

Finished some new (I think) series on Netflix:

The Holiday - absolutely shite. Although I watched all 4 episodes to see what happens. Think it was originally on channel 5...

The Secret - thought it was really good. Pretty horrifying it's apparently close to the true story

Sbarcher

The Legend of Barney Thomson - on Prime. Good cast and an enjoyable watch.

Users who are viewing this thread