Best TV shows or movies you can recommend (2 Viewers)

stevefloyd

I tried and tried to get into Peaky Blinders but after watching it to a couple of episodes into series 3 after sitting there totally bored I came to the conclusion it was utter shite and Arthur was as scary as a poodle with no teeth !!!

stay_up_skyblues

Watched Stillwater on Sky Cinema last night. Was expecting a Bourne-like rescue/revenge thriller based on the three line synopsis. What we got was an unnecessarily drawn out drama with little action based loosely on the Amanda Knox story. 2/5.

AOM

Keep Sweet documentary on Netflix about fundamentalist Mormons. Absolutely mental.

I'll add that one to the list. Netflix seem to be really good for documentaries at the moment.

I watched another documentary on there the other day called Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis.
Happened a bit before my time and I'd never heard of it until now, the coverage is crazy.
The German police and press come across terribly as well

chiefdave

I'll add that one to the list. Netflix seem to be really good for documentaries at the moment.
the last episode is really fucking grim, can't say what without spoiling it but pay attention to the warnings at the beginning if you're the type of person to get affected by stuff.

Reactions: AOM

Terry_dactyl

Stay Sweet and Obey on Netflix. It’s about a polygamous sect of the Church of the Latter Day Saints is Predictably grim viewing.

ajsccfc

I watched another documentary on there the other day called Gladbeck: The Hostage Crisis.
Happened a bit before my time and I'd never heard of it until now, the coverage is crazy.
The German police and press come across terribly as well

I'd only heard it in mention previously but having a quick read up about it, this is going on my list to watch now

Reactions: AOM

AOM

I'd only heard it in mention previously but having a quick read up about it, this is going on my list to watch now

It's really interesting, especially if you don't know what's going to happen. Very sad ending though.
The access journalists are allowed through the whole thing is pretty mind blowing

Sky_Blue_Daz

Backstage with Katherine Ryan only watched the first episode but really enjoyed thought Seann Walsh was good

Sky_Blue_Daz

Yes, I had already seen it via Amazon Preview a while back. It was good and something a bit different too.
To be fair I’d seen some of nick Mohammed’s act before but still thought it was good . Liked some of her writers stuff too Geoff norcott he’s at the Rialto soon

B-Ban-Boogie

Watched the 1st episode (of season 3) of 'For All Mankind' yesterday.
I know its fictional tosh, but its about space and I bloody love anything about NASA, Space and all that.
Thought it was a great opening episode and can't wait for the rest of the season! (y)

chiefdave

Watched the 1st episode (of season 3) of 'For All Mankind' yesterday.
I know its fictional tosh, but its about space and I bloody love anything about NASA, Space and all that.
Thought it was a great opening episode and can't wait for the rest of the season! (y)
Missions on BBC4 worth a look if you haven't seen it already.

Otis

Jist watching The Lazarus Project and am really enjoying it. Well, I was until episode 4, where it just suddenly got absolutely ridiculous. James Bond meets Jason Bourne, meets Joe 90.

🤦

Hoping it is back on track in episode 5.

Anyone else watching?

chiefdave

Jist watching The Lazarus Project and am really enjoying it. Well, I was until episode 4, where it just suddenly got absolutely ridiculous. James Bond meets Jason Bourne, meets Joe 90.

🤦

Hoping it is back on track in episode 5.

Anyone else watching?
I've got it on the planner, let me know if its worth it or all goes to shit!

Otis

I've got it on the planner, let me know if its worth it or all goes to shit!
All going a bit to shit to be honest.

Such a shame. Starts off really well, but it's increasingly ridiculous. First 3 episodes I was impressed with, but since then we suddenly have a nobody app guy who's instantly a highly skilled, cunning and devious killing machine

Otis

Just wanted to add, If you can past the absurdity of it all, it's still engrossing.

Maybe it's me. It just spoilt it for me, the incredulity of it.

Otis

Right, so update. Sorry to be all over the place, but I would say it's well worth it. Just suspend your disbelief. Once I got past the nonsense, it found its feet again.

Recommended

Philosorapter

Decent kooky film just about to begin on BBC 2.

Moon.

AOM

the last episode is really fucking grim, can't say what without spoiling it but pay attention to the warnings at the beginning if you're the type of person to get affected by stuff.

Finally watched this. Interesting series but fucking hell, that last episode and recording...
The whole series was hard going, but that was really distressing.
Can't believe the commune is still going as well

Users who are viewing this thread