Ben Stevenson - Brentford (7 Viewers)

dongonzalos

Brentford rejected a 10 million bid for one of their players today.
So they are likely to be flush soon.

dongonzalos

He said the operating losses this year were £1.7 million but with player sales their is a £1 million surplus.

It means nothing as the club is operating at a loss and any surplus is absorbed by the loss.

Even if everything stayed as is (turnover has to now be worse) we would still need to raise £700k next year to exist. As it's worse chances are it will need to be £2 million.

Thanks
So effectively as we thought before we are not running at breakeven, we have to sell players to get anywhere near to breakeven.
Joy Sepalla said her aim is the club to run at breakeven and the selling of players happens at a time of the club's preference. Not as a necessity to balance the books.
Looks like more cuts are to come

shmmeee

Not really the point I was trying to make but the "have no choice" excuse is why the council, if they really care about us fans, should be calling sisu's bluff by offering alternative sites.

Where?

Edit: also obligatory "It's not anyone's job but CCFC to run CCFC" post.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Thanks
So effectively as we thought before we are not running at breakeven, we have to sell players to get anywhere near to breakeven.
Joy Sepalla said her aim is the club to run at breakeven and the selling of players happens at a time of the club's preference. Not as a necessity to balance the books.
Looks like more cuts are to come
Yes, when they say we are working towards running a break even model. That model is reliant on us selling at least £1-1.5 million pounds of talent every season.

Liquid Gold

Where?

Edit: also obligatory "It's not anyone's job but CCFC to run CCFC" post.
Anywhere, it doesn't matter. They aren't actually going to build the thing, will just stop them being able to tell the FA they had no option but to move us

shmmeee

Anywhere, it doesn't matter. They aren't actually going to build the thing, will just stop them being able to tell the FA they had no option but to move us

Well it does matter doesn't it? They can't offer Sisu a 2 bed terrace in Foleshill for a new stadium.

The fact is we have all been trawling Google Maps for four years and the best solutions anyone has come up with are: The BPA, Warwick Uni and Bermuda Park. None of which are CCC's to offer.

They may well have no option but to move us, as I've said eleventy billion times before, that's why you sort out your new home before telling your landlord he's a c**t and you want nothing to do with him.

dongonzalos

Not really the point I was trying to make but the "have no choice" excuse is why the council, if they really care about us fans, should be calling sisu's bluff by offering alternative sites.

Or we could submit planning permission for some sites ( you don't have to have purchased land prior to submitting planning permission. If the planning permission gets through we are in business.
Have we made any serious enquiries for any sites?
I think it's our job to sort that out isn't it rather than depending on a person for help that on the other hand we are suing.

Liquid Gold

Or we could submit planning permission for some sites ( you don't have to have purchased land prior to submitting planning permission. If the planning permission gets through we are in business.
Have we made any serious enquiries for any sites?
I think it's our job to sort that out isn't it rather than depending on a person for help that on the other hand we are suing.
In any normal circumstances of course you'd be right. Do you think sisu intend to build a new stadium though? If, as long as you're not a raving lunatic, you think they won't then there's a possibility they might want to take us out of the city again. To do so they would need to make a case to the EFL that they have no other option. If CCC public called sisu on their shit then it might close another avenue to them, possibly hastening their exit from the club. I just can't understand why people don't want pressure on them from all sides.

Liquid Gold

Well it does matter doesn't it? They can't offer Sisu a 2 bed terrace in Foleshill for a new stadium.

The fact is we have all been trawling Google Maps for four years and the best solutions anyone has come up with are: The BPA, Warwick Uni and Bermuda Park. None of which are CCC's to offer.

They may well have no option but to move us, as I've said eleventy billion times before, that's why you sort out your new home before telling your landlord he's a c**t and you want nothing to do with him.
Are you saying that if an internationally renowned manufacturer wanted Coventry to be the site of it's new headquarters we wouldn't be able to find a site? There is always room.

dongonzalos

I like your thinking however.
Last time the FL let us move because we were 'forced' there were reasonable options available that we would not take. The FL said it's not their place to intervene in such matters. Just as long as we pay money to say we will return one day and we keep our fixtures!!!

Last edited:

higgs

Should wait until hogan Is sold can demand hIgher fee then

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

hutch1972

Crazy times !!
Brentford want 15 mill for a player who has had a good 18 months , we want 2 mill for a player with only a handful of games under his belt.
I say again Crazy times !

Manchester_sky_blue

Crazy times !!
Brentford want 15 mill for a player who has had a good 18 months , we want 2 mill for a player with only a handful of games under his belt.
I say again Crazy times !

Tis crazy indeed but Hogan is well worth £15 million to a prem team. I saw him play quite a bit for Rochdale and always looked quality even back then.

Last edited:

steve82

Sounds like a second bid has been rejected now.
aa796d736673ae37164c3dfee2712bf6.jpg

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Sounds like a second bid has been rejected now.
aa796d736673ae37164c3dfee2712bf6.jpg
I have a Question, when they say Coventry City have turned down a second did from Brentford for Stevenson,

Is that SISU or Tim Fisher who are saying it.

Because it wouldn't the team manager Russell Slade would it, or would it.

Otis

I have a Question, when they say Coventry City have turned down a second did from Brentford for Stevenson,

Is that SISU or Tim Fisher who are saying it.

Because it wouldn't the team manager Russell Slade would it, or would it.
It will be the Coventry City board.

Astute

In any normal circumstances of course you'd be right. Do you think sisu intend to build a new stadium though? If, as long as you're not a raving lunatic, you think they won't then there's a possibility they might want to take us out of the city again. To do so they would need to make a case to the EFL that they have no other option. If CCC public called sisu on their shit then it might close another avenue to them, possibly hastening their exit from the club. I just can't understand why people don't want pressure on them from all sides.
It sounds good in principle.

But it isn't the job of CCC to find land inside Coventry that doesn't exist that they don't own. So how far are CCC supposed to go? See if there is room somewhere, see if the owner is willing to sell, check out if planning permission is likely to go through concerning the thoughts of people nearby and even raise funds to help?

I can see it now. JR number 17 because CCC didn't negotiate a decent price for the land or it wasn't in the right location.

AFCCOVENTRY

Telegraph reporting that Brentford are confident of getting Stevenson. Club want £1.5m upfront with a 10% sell on fee

Nick

Administrator
Telegraph reporting that Brentford are confident of getting Stevenson. Club want £1.5m upfront with a 10% sell on fee

The same as they ruled out Harries and Liverpool?

I'd say mostly guesswork or from random accounts on social media.

rupert_bear

Fisher stated he doesn't get paid by sisu for his role here but does he get a kick back from in coming transfer fees ?

Users who are viewing this thread