Ben Stevenson - Brentford (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Fisher goes door to door slaughtering newborn babies, he makes money by selling the blood to Coca-Cola

It is Primark also using toddlers to carry out the work.

Back to Stevenson, it's good the club are holding out and negotiating to get what they want for him.

Captain Dart

Sky sports reported the first bid was 1.2 mill ,but as we all know it was probably guesswork.
Which probably means something like £750K up front with £500K bonuses conditional on appearances/goals etc.

letsallsingtogether

Back to Stevenson, it's good the club are holding out and negotiating to get what they want for him.
For once I have to agree.
I know we need to sell players the bit I didn't like was letting them go for washers instead of hanging in.
If they want them let them pay if not good we keep them a little longer.

georgehudson

Ben Stevenson, imo, is as good as, if not better than Maddison, & so with inflation in mind, i'd turn down anything under £5.5m, you have to factor in the leeches (brokers, agents, deal managers), part, i.e. 5% each.

Manchester_sky_blue

Ben Stevenson, imo, is as good as, if not better than Maddison, & so with inflation in mind, i'd turn down anything under £5.5m, you have to factor in the leeches (brokers, agents, deal managers), part, i.e. 5% each.
Id take £1.5 mill up front. Rising to £10 mill with add ons plus a 30% sell on clause :p

robbiekeane

So joking aside, we know he isn't using toddlers to carry out the work. But is it possible that he's actually Adolf Hitler?

WestEndAgro

What the fuck is going on? a sensible post from Nick, I knew it would happen sooner or later but didn't expect it this early in the year.

AFCCOVENTRY

I've seen something on twitter saying rumour is a fee has been agreed and Stevenson is keen to join Brentford. Not sure if it's true though.

robbiekeane

How about a charity bet?

I say it is closer to a fiver than the 10m you say :rolleyes:
You didn't say closer, you said more likely.

The probability of that is pretty much zero if you're willing to be realistic. The probability of the total value of the transfer being £10m (after sell on clauses etc) is very low.

Very low > 0

Agree?

clint van damme

Wouldn't you take 1.5 million for him?

No. I want him to get more first team experience and I'm sure he'll improve and his value increase.

I'm taking a slightly different view to the Stevenson situation than I did with Maddison who I wasn't too bothered about selling.
Maddison is the type players who doesn't always seem to kick on as much other players. Think Eoin Jess who we bought from Aberdeen, loads of skill but couldn't utilise it consistently in a game. He may well do, and I hope he does but I think with those type of players it's slightly more risky.

In my opinion, from what I've seen of Stevenson, it's clear he is only going to improve.

Astute

You didn't say closer, you said more likely.

The probability of that is pretty much zero if you're willing to be realistic. The probability of the total value of the transfer being £10m (after sell on clauses etc) is very low.

Very low > 0

Agree?
Ah. Future sales as well?

So if he doesn't make it at his next club there is no chance of him going for a fiver or less?

Astute

That's a different deal though isn't it that won't impact us
So this 10m you are talking about....same deal? Or is it what he would be sold for next time? If so it wouldn't impact us to the tune of 10m would it.

So what rules are this 10m price tag going to have next?

robbiekeane

So this 10m you are talking about....same deal? Or is it what he would be sold for next time? If so it wouldn't impact us to the tune of 10m would it.

So what rules are this 10m price tag going to have next?
What are you even talking about???

They could give us £3m now, and for all we know a 20% sell on clause and someone comes in and spunks £35m on him in 4 years time. Christ, Charlton just got 11m for someone. That would make the value of the transfer £10m

It won't happen so pointless arguing about I was just calling you out on your bullshit comment saying it's "more likely" to be £5. Which is incorrect.

Astute

What are you even talking about???

They could give us £3m now, and for all we know a 20% sell on clause and someone comes in and spunks £35m on him in 4 years time. Christ, Charlton just got 11m for someone. That would make the value of the transfer £10m

It won't happen so pointless arguing about I was just calling you out on your bullshit comment saying it's "more likely" to be £5. Which is incorrect.
So you are saying that it is more likely that he will be sold for 10m?

Users who are viewing this thread