Ben Stevenson - Brentford (7 Viewers)

torchomatic

Whereas in 3 years he could be worth £6m?! Why sell our assets way before they potentially develop into premier league/championship players at peanuts. It means every year we do the same time and time again like P'boro or Crewe have done so well. Whereas, Southampton held on to Bale, Walcott etc and sold every 2-3 years rather than every year. Look where they are, that surely was a factor in their success along with the investment. Don't forget Walcott was subject to prolonged enquiries from Arsenal when Southampton were where we are. Lallana was down here too with Southampton - then goes for £25m?

Yes, he could. But we have no money, we have dwindling crowds, we have no other revenue. There's no choice but to cash in when we can. That's the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in.

skyblueelephant76

Whereas in 3 years he could be worth £6m?! Why sell our assets way before they potentially develop into premier league/championship players at peanuts. It means every year we do the same time and time again like P'boro or Crewe have done so well. Whereas, Southampton held on to Bale, Walcott etc and sold every 2-3 years rather than every year. Look where they are, that surely was a factor in their success along with the investment. Don't forget Walcott was subject to prolonged enquiries from Arsenal when Southampton were where we are. Lallana was down here too with Southampton - then goes for £25m?
Bale and Walcott both moved by the time they were 18, that's not exactly holding on to them....

SkyBlue_Bear83

Think you'll find the fee for Leon Clarke(£750k) more than covered the price of Jones and Turnbull combined..... That leaves the £3m for Maddison??? Where is that???
Lol wut?

Leon Clarke was sold about 3 years ago, that money is long gone. Are you going to start asking where the Dann and Fox money has gone next?

fernandopartridge

Lallana played for them in the premier league and made 235 appearances in total and England call ups

Walcott was sold after 21 appearances in the Championship

Bale made 40 appearances in the Championship

The only player who they sold whilst in league 1 was Oxlade Chamberlain after 36 appearances

Apart from that, great post

Sky Blue Kid

3 years ago wasn't it?
Over the last 2-3 years City have sold Wilson £3m(Allegedly) Maddison(£3m allegedly) Clarke (£750k allegedly) that's without the fees for Christie to Derby, Vincelot £75k...... That alone is over £7m.... We've bought Jones and Turnbull(Undisclosed but thought to be approx £300k for both) So where has the other £6.75m gone too???

Sky Blue Kid

Lol wut?

Leon Clarke was sold about 3 years ago, that money is long gone. Are you going to start asking where the Dann and Fox money has gone next?
Apparently we've been nigh on breaking even over the last 2 seasons, in fact £1m profit last season. So LMFAO WUT!!! back at ya!

skyblue1991

Over the last 2-3 years City have sold Wilson £3m(Allegedly) Maddison(£3m allegedly) Clarke (£750k allegedly) that's without the fees for Christie to Derby, Vincelot £75k...... That alone is over £7m.... We've bought Jones and Turnbull(Undisclosed but thought to be approx £300k for both) So where has the other £6.75m gone too???

First and foremost we didn't receive all of the £6m for WIlson and Maddison up front, I'd be surprised if we have only received half of that.

What we spend money on:
  • Player transfers
  • Players need to get paid
  • Agent fees
  • Signing-on fees
  • Loan fees
  • General running costs of the football club
It hasn't all gone into SISU's back pocket.

fernandopartridge

Are you seriously that thick?

ecky

Why do you think that?

Do you really think that they want us to stay at this level so their club that they want to sell is only worth a quid at the most?
So we get promoted where's the investment going to come from to compete in the championship?

Fisher would have to break his own rules on self sufficiency, sisu would need to invest heavily before they got a penny from ticket sales

Not going to happen

torchomatic

So we get promoted where's the investment going to come from to compete in the championship?

Fisher would have to break his own rules on self sufficiency, sisu would need to invest heavily before they got a penny from ticket sales

Not going to happen

We'd need increased ST sales, walk ups and a general increase in attendances. We'd need people to pack the Ricoh out. Not going to happen.

ecky

We'd need increased ST sales, walk ups and a general increase in attendances. We'd need people to pack the Ricoh out. Not going to happen.
Not at the moment
I'm hoping something is going to change maybe at the end of this season if we stay up

Sky Blue Kid

First and foremost we didn't receive all of the £6m for WIlson and Maddison up front, I'd be surprised if we have only received half of that.

What we spend money on:
  • Player transfers
  • Players need to get paid
  • Agent fees
  • Signing-on fees
  • Loan fees
  • General running costs of the football club
It hasn't all gone into SISU's back pocket.
First and foremost.... £300k tops for 2 players... Loan fees/wages are paid by Club that owns the player.....Very rare are there any "Signing on fees".... and finally you obviously haven't read my post #221..... And I suppose the money from Clarke, Christie, and Vincelot(Over £1m) we haven't seen either?

Captain Dart

Profits on transfer trading is an item in the SBS&L accounts, you can find the 3 years to May 2015 from the last 2 sets.
Why don't you check up what it says there rather than making stuff up?

Sky Blue Kid

Does anyone on this forum seriously think Slade will see a penny of the Stevenson sale? It's already been said that the freeing up of loanees should cover new loans coming in.
Profits on transfer trading is an item in the SBS&L accounts, you can find the 3 years to May 2015 from the last 2 sets.
Why don't you check up what it says there rather than making stuff up?
Making up what?

you're an idiot

Lallana played for them in the premier league and made 235 appearances in total and England call ups

Walcott was sold after 21 appearances in the Championship

Bale made 40 appearances in the Championship

The only player who they sold whilst in league 1 was Oxlade Chamberlain after 36 appearances

Apart from that, great post
Thanks, I think my post was great too, an example of not flogging your Crown Jewels on the cheap, investing it back into the academy and prolific players to build a future foundation on

Sky Blue Kid

I'm making up what???

Speaking on TalkSPORTS’s Jim White radio phone-in show this morning, Fisher was asked who would want the manager’s job in the current backdrop of problems, to which he replied: “I think I’d ask who’d want it after last night.”

Fisher revealed that Sisu have no plans to go anywhere soon and are ready to sit it out until the right offer comes in but admits that if he was a potential investor he’d scrap any interest after seeing the pitch protests.

Read More
“Imagine if you’re a potential investor the football club is not a bad investment proposition,” he said.

“It’s at break even. It has gone from losing £15m a year to making £1m a year. It’s not a financial uncertainty. So all the hard work has been done.

“If I was sat in the stands last night I would put a big red line through Coventry City and say, ‘do you know what, that could be us in two years time – forget it, move on.’

robbiekeane

Think you'll find the fee for Leon Clarke(£750k) more than covered the price of Jones and Turnbull combined..... That leaves the £3m for Maddison??? Where is that???
Why is it so hard to understand? It's gone to cover losses which arise mostly because of our wage bill. So it's DIRECTLY funding the team? You bitch and moan when the playing budget is cut, and you bitch and moan when it's not because a player sale is used to cover it.

What exactly do you want?

Oh wait don't tell me...."investment "

Sky Blue Kid

Why is it so hard to understand? It's gone to cover losses which arise mostly because of our wage bill. So it's DIRECTLY funding the team? You bitch and moan when the playing budget is cut, and you bitch and moan when it's not because a player sale is used to cover it.

What exactly do you want?

Oh wait don't tell me...."investment "
Read my post #236 there's a good chap!

Skybluefaz

Apparently we've been nigh on breaking even over the last 2 seasons, in fact £1m profit last season. So LMFAO WUT!!! back at ya!
The accounts show an annual operating loss of £1,951,233, which has decreased by over 50% from the £4.4 million operating loss (as adjusted for the exceptional charge related to the impairment of goodwill) in the last financial year.

Sky Blue Kid

The accounts show an annual operating loss of £1,951,233, which has decreased by over 50% from the £4.4 million operating loss (as adjusted for the exceptional charge related to the impairment of goodwill) in the last financial year.
I'll say the same thing to you too.... Look at my post #236 there's a good chap ;) Actually quoting CEO Tim Fisher... Oh yea it is...Oh no it isn't oh...You get my drift?

Skybluefaz

I'll say the same thing to you too.... Look at my post #236 there's a good chap ;)
I've just copied and pasted that from the last filed accounts. So you can see that you are wrong about breaking even over the last 2 seasons. The million profit I believe is a projection for this season. So you may be able to see where the money has gone. Just trying to help.

Sky Blue Kid

I've just copied and pasted that from the last filed accounts. So you can see that you are wrong about breaking even over the last 2 seasons. The million profit I believe is a projection for this season. So you may be able to see where the money has gone. Just trying to help.
I've just copied and pasted Tim Fishers quote from Talksport radio... Just trying to help ;)

Nick

Administrator
I'll say the same thing to you too.... Look at my post #236 there's a good chap ;) Actually quoting CEO Tim Fisher... Oh yea it is...Oh no it isn't oh...You get my drift?

Im not sure why you keep directing people to a copy and paste when they quote from the accounts?

Users who are viewing this thread