Ben Stevenson - Brentford (3 Viewers)

torchomatic

Im not sure why you keep directing people to a copy and paste when they quote from the accounts?

Especially when it is Tim Fisher he is quoting.

Nick

Administrator
Errrrr Quoting Fisher himself not good enough now then?

Surely direct figures from accounts are better? The same as they will be this year, as wasn't the £1m EBIT so it will be a loss this year more than likely too ;)

All you are doing is going off on one and making up numbers.

Skybluefaz

I've just copied and pasted Tim Fishers quote from Talksport radio... Just trying to help ;)
My word, that's proper playground stuff! I understand where the kid part of your name comes from now. So the accounts are phoney are they? I don't get what you are getting at? Your Fisher quote says the club is at break even possibly turning a profit this season. I don't disagree with that however previously we've lost cash and the transfer fees have gone to cover those losses.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Kid

My word, that's proper playground stuff! I understand where the kid part of your name comes from now. So the accounts are phoney are they? I don't get what you are getting at? Your Fisher quote says the club is at break even possibly turning a profit this season. I don't disagree with that however previously we've lost cash and the transfer fees have gone to cover those losses.

BTW.. He doesn't say that at all... He said IS break even and IS turning £1m profit.
I quoted more or less what you said mate.. If the cap fits and all that;)

covmark

I'm making up what???

Speaking on TalkSPORTS’s Jim White radio phone-in show this morning, Fisher was asked who would want the manager’s job in the current backdrop of problems, to which he replied: “I think I’d ask who’d want it after last night.”

Fisher revealed that Sisu have no plans to go anywhere soon and are ready to sit it out until the right offer comes in but admits that if he was a potential investor he’d scrap any interest after seeing the pitch protests.

Read More
“Imagine if you’re a potential investor the football club is not a bad investment proposition,” he said.

“It’s at break even. It has gone from losing £15m a year to making £1m a year. It’s not a financial uncertainty. So all the hard work has been done.

“If I was sat in the stands last night I would put a big red line through Coventry City and say, ‘do you know what, that could be us in two years time – forget it, move on.’
You come windmilling in with a load of random figures and when Captain Dart pulls you up on it, you post a bunch of crap about what Fisher's been saying.
The fact is the club has been losing and continues to lose money. The fees for Wilson and Maddison are not upfront fees and Clarke/Christie were sold an age ago.
People tell you to look at the accounts to help you out and then you throw about sarcastic remarks.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

You come windmilling in with a load of random figures and when Captain Dart pulls you up on it, you post a bunch of crap about what Fisher's been saying.
The fact is the club has been losing and continues to lose money. The fees for Wilson and Maddison are not upfront fees and Clarke/Christie were sold an age ago.
People tell you to look at the accounts to help you out and then you throw about sarcastic remarks.

post #236 Nomark, take a look. :)... Oh wait.. I forgot Fisher and SISU aren't the "Bad Guys" are they... Apologies................NOT!

Captain Dart

I'm making up what???

These numbers below are what you made up ... based essentially on claiming that newspaper speculation about fees which include bonuses that have not been triggered have flowed into SISU coffers and ignoring the outgoing costs to bring players in (even if there is no transfer fee there are usually sign on fees that go to the players paid over the contract period).
Over the last 2-3 years City have sold Wilson £3m(Allegedly) Maddison(£3m allegedly) Clarke (£750k allegedly) that's without the fees for Christie to Derby, Vincelot £75k...... That alone is over £7m.... We've bought Jones and Turnbull(Undisclosed but thought to be approx £300k for both) So where has the other £6.75m gone too???
but the last accounts tell you the audited figures and they are £2.7M and £0.9M and £1.6M profit in the last 3 accounting years respectively, that’s £5.2M in the last 3 years.
upload_2017-1-4_14-3-56.png

I too wonder what the money is being spent on but feel that it is necessary to back up those reservations with the available figures.
They are available to download on the club web site, just google "Coventry City FC accounts".

Last edited:

covmark

post #236 Nomark, take a look. :)... Oh wait.. I forgot Fisher and SISU aren't the "Bad Guys" are they... Apologies................NOT!
Apologies.......... NOT!
Ffs how old are you.
There's no point having conversations with you is there.
Good day to you.

Grendel

Apologies.......... NOT!
Ffs how old are you.
There's no point having conversations with you is there.
Good day to you.

I'll reply back for him

"No mark post #236 followed by a few expletives.

Sky Blue Kid

These numbers below are what you made up ... based essentially on claiming that newspaper speculation about fees which include bonuses that have not been triggered have flowed into SISU coffers and ignoring the outgoing costs to bring players in (even if there is no transfer fee there are usually sign on fees that go to the players paid over the contract period).

but the last accounts tell you the audited figures and they are £2.7M and £0.9M and £1.6M profit in the last 3 accounting years respectively, that’s £5.2M in the last 3 years.
View attachment 6228

I too wonder what the money is being spent on but feel that it is necessary to back up those reservations with the available figures.
They are available to download on the club web site, just google "Coventry City FC accounts".
If you look carefully I have said "Allegedly" on transfer figures Captain. If you want "Made up" figures I'd suggest a chat with Grenduffy would really blow your mind mate. He'll give you his "Estimated Transfer figures" and tell you they are "Fact". And I'm also "Quoting" what Fisher himself has said on Talksport radio.

Grendel

If you look carefully I have said "Allegedly" on transfer figures Captain. If you want "Made up" figures I'd suggest a chat with Grenduffy would really blow your mind mate. He'll give you his "Estimated Transfer figures" and tell you they are "Fact". And I'm also "Quoting" what Fisher himself has said on Talksport radio.

What about quoting from the independently audited accounts?

Sky Blue Kid

What about quoting from the independently audited accounts?
What about quoting from your "Estimated Transfer Facts" Grenduffy?
Don't worry I've done it for you.....

Here are the fees;

Westwood 660000
Eastwood 1584000
Gunnarson 220000
McPake 308000
Bell 660000
Baker 528000
Deegan 88000
Wood 105600
Hussey 83600
Clingan 308000
McIndoe 264000
Cranie 880000
Juke 528000
Keogh 88000
McDonald 396000
Dunne 88000
TOTAL 6789200

Get some facts next time.

Wilderness house of pain, makes no sense of it all
Close this mind dull this brain, Messiah before his fall
What you see is not real, those who know will not tell
All is lost sold your souls to this brave new world

A brave new world, in a brave new world
A brave new world, in a brave new world
In a brave new world, a brave new world
In a brave new world, a brave new world
Jul 21, 2012

Captain Dart

I don't take what Fisher says at face value, he uses weasel words. Grenduffy just talks shit and never backs up his statements anyway, I ignore him.

Sky Blue Kid

I don't take what Fisher says at face value, he uses weasel words. Grenduffy just talks shit and never backs up his statements anyway, I ignore him.
He actually makes for a good read Captain ;) .... As for Fisher's "Quote" Did you not think that a few million "Listeners" might have believed every word he said... "Food for thought" Captain.

Nick

Administrator
He actually makes for a good read Captain ;) .... As for Fisher's "Quote" Did you not think that a few million "Listeners" might have believed every word he said... "Food for thought" Captain.

People will believe the accounts, strangely it seems like it's just you believing it.

olderskyblue

People will believe the accounts, strangely it seems like it's just you believing it.

Yep, they were always audited and signed off I guess, although it does make you wonder what that "the accounts are a mess" stuff by Fisher was all about? What on earth was he meaning/implying by that? I imagine it doesn't reflect well on the previous accountants.

Anyway, has Ben gone yet?

fernandopartridge

Yep, they were always audited and signed off I guess, although it does make you wonder what that "the accounts are a mess" stuff by Fisher was all about? What on earth was he meaning/implying by that? I imagine it doesn't reflect well on the previous accountants.

Anyway, has Ben gone yet?
Weren't that about where the rent deal sat?

Great_Expectations

How annoying that someone who supported this club since 1969 in the top flight, saw European football once (would have been twice but for Heysel), saw us win the FA Cup, saw us signing Robbie Keane, Dion Dublin, Gary McAllister, Craig Bellamy and Mustapha Hadji, stood in crowds over 30,000 regularly, finds it annoying that we now get picked over by the mighty Brentford. I'll take note and try not to annoy you again.

Oldham Atheltic were runners up in the old first division in 1914-15 and were part of the first Premier League season. Newcastle have won the top league four times, seen top class players join them and competed in Europe.

By your logic how dare Newcastle sell Sissoko to Tottenham, a team that haven't won the league as often as they have and are in the league above, or Oldham sell to anyone who does not have the same history they do.

The point; times move on.

Brentford are a more attractive prospect to a player in this moment than we are. They are in a higher league, sitting fairly comfortably with a manager who has a reputation for developing youth. We are in the relegation zone of L1 with a new manager who is only contracted to the end of the season with an average budget for L1. The history of a club is not a driving force for career progression.

I get that it's frustrating seeing teams that we as fans do not deem to be bigger than us poaching our players. But that's the reality of football.

shmmeee

Oldham Atheltic were runners up in the old first division in 1914-15 and were part of the first Premier League season. Newcastle have won the top league four times, seen top class players join them and competed in Europe.

By your logic how dare Newcastle sell Sissoko to Tottenham, a team that haven't won the league as often as they have and are in the league above, or Oldham sell to anyone who does not have the same history they do.

The point; times move on.

Brentford are a more attractive prospect to a player in this moment than we are. They are in a higher league, sitting fairly comfortably with a manager who has a reputation for developing youth. We are in the relegation zone of L1 with a new manager who is only contracted to the end of the season with an average budget for L1. The history of a club is not a driving force for career progression.

I get that it's frustrating seeing teams that we as fans do not deem to be bigger than us poaching our players. But that's the reality of football.

Really inappropriate username.

olderskyblue

I think it was Fisher firing shots at the previous regime at a fans forum just before the Northampton move.

Yes, It was at a fans forum

dongonzalos

What did Me Fisher actually say about the accounts?
There must be some truth in what he said.

Must say I surprised at you nick, you say fans believe what anonymous names write in the comments section of the CET.
Yet when it comes to our Chairman making a statement to millions of listeners on talk sport.
People won't believe him and will go and research our accounts instead, really?

Grendel

What did Me Fisher actually say about the accounts?
There must be some truth in what he said.

Must say I surprised at you nick, you say fans believe what anonymous names write in the comments section of the CET.
Yet when it comes to our Chairman making a statement to millions of listeners on talk sport.
People won't believe him and will go and research our accounts instead, really?

He didn't say anything about the accounts

Grendel

What did he say, as I say there must be some truth in it.

He said the operating losses this year were £1.7 million but with player sales their is a £1 million surplus.

It means nothing as the club is operating at a loss and any surplus is absorbed by the loss.

Even if everything stayed as is (turnover has to now be worse) we would still need to raise £700k next year to exist. As it's worse chances are it will need to be £2 million.

Happy_Martian

Its a bit hairy on here again, quite early for it too, normally early-mid evening.

Agreed Rev, the thread was effectively closed around post #187 when the club said Stevenson wasn't moving, whereas this thread has got distinctly more strained since then.

<<Returning to my place behind the sofa, some of these threads are more scary than watching Doctor Who back in the 70s :bag: >>

Users who are viewing this thread