Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (3 Viewers)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

But that's what people buy him for

Hes a defender that can pass and attack also. Yes he can make big mistakes st times due to this but he is clearly a player where the pros outweighs the cons so i am not sure why some fans only focus on defensive mistakes

And don't say because a defender should defend first and foremost because thays clearly not true based on the clubs that buy Luiz. The game of football can utilise different attributes all over the pitch now and he plays his part for this clubs
Luiz for me is like McFadz is for us (not comparing) they don’t suit the 2 man defence, however that extra defender allows him to confortably play his own game.

arsenal look better when they play a 3 man defence, it allows Luiz’s ball playing ability to shine

Terry_dactyl

Tekkers are those people like on youtube who do lots of fancy tricks and keepie-uppies.

When is he making those assists? Very rarely when they're in dire need of that bit of magic to turn a game. It's him taking advantage of another team that's already being over-run. As for work rate do you mean 'running around'? It's easy to do loads of that while hiding away from actually getting involved in a game. I'm not saying he should be going around flying into people but when the team are playing poorly he 'hides' - he doesn't make himself available.

He's someone that takes a 2-0 win and makes it a 4-0 win but won't salvage a 1-1 draw from a 1-0 defeat and would turn as many draws into defeats by not getting involved as he would turn them into wins with a bit of magic. He's a luxury a team can't afford. A 'fluff' footballer.
I think I’d agree that he’s probably not what Arsenal need/needed.
Not sure about the details of assists, I’m actually not convinced by ‘assists’ as a stat anyway...but that’s another discussion. I’m sure he’s probably had good games against big teams and in battling situations. I seem to remember him and Sanchez linking up really well...and they finished 2nd one year so it’s likely he was contributing no?
i think the stat about Ozil was about ‘running around’ yes. I don’t know if he’s been running around away from the ball or not.
One thing is for sure, Arsenal need to get rid of him if they’re not going to play him.

wingy

I'd hope the Luton link is like when Westbrook was off to Derby or wherever,and just an attempt bargaining power
Geography would likely be onside though.

SlowerThanPlatt

Saw an article from Feb that suggested he still had hopes to play for arsenal. Not surprising he hasn't jumped at cov or Luton just yet

He’s 22 years old and was playing for Doncaster last season. It’s good to dream big but the chances of him playing for Arsenal in the near future are approximately 0%

covcity4life

That's kind of the point. These players don't get their frailties exposed because of the teams that pick them up. Their defensive inability isn't shown up because they play for teams that don't need to defend as much. If you'd put Stones and Luiz into a team that doesn't control games and actually made them do defensive work that team would be conceding ridiculous amounts because they'd make so many mistakes.

So you can argue they can play the ball, but if they were that decent at it they'd be midfielders wouldn't they? So what we're saying is not good enough to be a midfielder, not good enough as a defender either. They're utterly reliant on very good teammates around them not letting them having their weaknesses exposed.

I feel similarly about Ozil. Doesn't get involved at all, a complete shirker unless the team is playing well and dominating a game in which case he brings his A game out. But if the team is doing well already they don't need him in there doing that because they're already comfortably on top and will likely win the game without him. What they need is somebody who can take a game they're not doing well in and bring them back into it. He doesn't. He shys away and you may as well play with 10 men most of the time in those situations. So what exactly does he provide? He's utterly inconsequential and has almost no effect on the outcome of a game.

I get your point but those clubs wouldnt win trophies without him either? If they are just covering his mistakes ehat would be point of buying him in first place?

Users who are viewing this thread