Transfer Rumour Ben Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

giphy.gif

cc84cov

Luton believed to be in for sheaf also probably has offers on the table deciding over the weekend where he goes,have a feeling we will miss out on him hope I’m wrong

RingoCCFC

Seems like he’s taking his time, thus has more than one offer on the table clearly or is waiting for his agent to snag something better! If all else fails he’ll sign the dotted line on the last day and we’ll get a lad that didn’t want us maybe!

Has been circulating for a while now though and figures mentioned, I’d have expected something by now.

junglej13

I imagine we will hear one way or the other today on this with the squad and staff back in. In the lads defence its his first real transfer and would be a move away from London.

larry_david

Saw an article from Feb that suggested he still had hopes to play for arsenal. Not surprising he hasn't jumped at cov or Luton just yet

RingoCCFC

I imagine we will hear one way or the other today on this with the squad and staff back in. In the lads defence its his first real transfer and would be a move away from London.

Saw an article from Feb that suggested he still had hopes to play for arsenal. Not surprising he hasn't jumped at cov or Luton just yet

True but with his loan move and being a professional footballer I can’t see how if I was in his shoes I’d be expecting not to leave London! I really rate Arteta and the work he did for Pep and think he’ll truly if backed change Arsenal and bring through young talent but I don’t think Sheaf is ever going to find himself in an Arsenal top in the PL moving forward so I don’t think he’s got much other choice unless he wants to snag a deal at a closer Championship club to his home which could make Luton a more likely potential as I can’t see Brentford after him.

shmmeee

If he’s asking for big bucks he can do one. He’s basically a League One player at the moment.

The wages thing came from Alan Nixon (just “the hold up is talks on wages” not “he’s asking for loads” but what else could it be?), which is the same source as the original story so probably valid.

covcity4life

Remember when everyone was saying O'Hare wouldn't join as it was dragging on, and if he really wanted to be here he'd have signed already?

The reality is that transfers are life changing decisions and the details take time to sort out.
Excellent point

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

David Luiz c.v is stacked. Wins trophies everywhere he goes

That's because of the teams that keep signing him because he's not too bad with the ball for a defender. But he's a poor defender. Same as John Stones.

I maintain that if you put those two together in defence for an average team they'd turn into relegation fodder. Would be the same with Pickford or De Gea behind them. Defensive liabilities.

junglej13

I think people forget that now we have gone up a league it will be increasingly difficult to do all our business without it being in the press beforehand. I suspect a lot of transfers the past few years have 'dragged out' but we probably just didn't hear about them.

kg82

That's because of the teams that keep signing him because he's not too bad with the ball for a defender. But he's a poor defender. Same as John Stones.

I maintain that if you put those two together in defence for an average team they'd turn into relegation fodder. Would be the same with Pickford or De Gea behind them. Defensive liabilities.
So you think all those players are poor?

Winny the Bish

Remember when everyone was saying O'Hare wouldn't join as it was dragging on, and if he really wanted to be here he'd have signed already?

The reality is that transfers are life changing decisions and the details take time to sort out.
This is what people forget. Real life isn't the same as your Football Manager game where you make the contract offer and they say yes straight away. Things are constantly evolving, other clubs come in and drop out of talks, agents ask for an extra year here, or another bonus there. It takes time.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So you think all those players are poor?

I certainly don't think they're 'top' players. Average at best, capable of the occassional bit of brilliance but far more capable of a monumental balls-up.

covcity4life

But that's what people buy him for

Hes a defender that can pass and attack also. Yes he can make big mistakes st times due to this but he is clearly a player where the pros outweighs the cons so i am not sure why some fans only focus on defensive mistakes

And don't say because a defender should defend first and foremost because thays clearly not true based on the clubs that buy Luiz. The game of football can utilise different attributes all over the pitch now and he plays his part for this clubs

cooperskyblue

This is what people forget. Real life isn't the same as your Football Manager game where you make the contract offer and they say yes straight away. Things are constantly evolving, other clubs come in and drop out of talks, agents ask for an extra year here, or another bonus there. It takes time.
Unfortunately even on Football Manager I can't get players to say yes straight away either.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

But that's what people buy him for

Hes a defender that can pass and attack also. Yes he can make big mistakes st times due to this but he is clearly a player where the pros outweighs the cons so i am not sure why some fans only focus on defensive mistakes

And don't say because a defender should defend first and foremost because thays clearly not true based on the clubs that buy Luiz. The game of football can utilise different attributes all over the pitch now and he plays his part for this clubs

That's kind of the point. These players don't get their frailties exposed because of the teams that pick them up. Their defensive inability isn't shown up because they play for teams that don't need to defend as much. If you'd put Stones and Luiz into a team that doesn't control games and actually made them do defensive work that team would be conceding ridiculous amounts because they'd make so many mistakes.

So you can argue they can play the ball, but if they were that decent at it they'd be midfielders wouldn't they? So what we're saying is not good enough to be a midfielder, not good enough as a defender either. They're utterly reliant on very good teammates around them not letting them having their weaknesses exposed.

I feel similarly about Ozil. Doesn't get involved at all, a complete shirker unless the team is playing well and dominating a game in which case he brings his A game out. But if the team is doing well already they don't need him in there doing that because they're already comfortably on top and will likely win the game without him. What they need is somebody who can take a game they're not doing well in and bring them back into it. He doesn't. He shys away and you may as well play with 10 men most of the time in those situations. So what exactly does he provide? He's utterly inconsequential and has almost no effect on the outcome of a game.

kg82

I certainly don't think they're 'top' players. Average at best, capable of the occassional bit of brilliance but far more capable of a monumental balls-up.
Got to disagree. Average players don’t get bought and sold for £50m+.
That's kind of the point. These players don't get their frailties exposed because of the teams that pick them up. Their defensive inability isn't shown up because they play for teams that don't need to defend as much. If you'd put Stones and Luiz into a team that doesn't control games and actually made them do defensive work that team would be conceding ridiculous amounts because they'd make so many mistakes.

So you can argue they can play the ball, but if they were that decent at it they'd be midfielders wouldn't they? So what we're saying is not good enough to be a midfielder, not good enough as a defender either. They're utterly reliant on very good teammates around them not letting them having their weaknesses exposed.

I feel similarly about Ozil. Doesn't get involved at all, a complete shirker unless the team is playing well and dominating a game in which case he brings his A game out. But if the team is doing well already they don't need him in there doing that because they're already comfortably on top and will likely win the game without him. What they need is somebody who can take a game they're not doing well in and bring them back into it. He doesn't. He shys away and you may as well play with 10 men most of the time in those situations. So what exactly does he provide? He's utterly inconsequential and has almost no effect on the outcome of a game.
I mean, the problem there might be that you’re looking for him when he hasn’t actually been on the pitch much!
It just depends on what you specifically are looking for in a player. Personally feel you’re being very harsh on some of those who have proven themselves to be top players (although I’ll admit that they have all had poor seasons). Some people like sloggers that aren’t particularly talented but will stick their head where a boot is, some people like finesse, and those players generally have a mistake in them. I just don’t think you get picked up by the clubs they’ve played for, for the prices they’ve paid, if you’re average.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I mean, the problem there might be that you’re looking for him when he hasn’t actually been on the pitch much!

And the reason he's not been on the pitch is because managers know they can't rely on him. They know he's only going to turn up if the team's playing well, which if they're doing he's not that vital and if they're not they're playing with a passenger not willing to take on the responsibility. So just leave him out. I'm not saying ozil doesn't have some very impressive skills, but what's the point if he's got the heart of a mouse? Those people that do tekkers have some very impressive skills - sure as hell doesn't mean you'd give them a contract to play an actual game.

Terry_dactyl

And the reason he's not been on the pitch is because managers know they can't rely on him. They know he's only going to turn up if the team's playing well, which if they're doing he's not that vital and if they're not they're playing with a passenger not willing to take on the responsibility. So just leave him out. I'm not saying ozil doesn't have some very impressive skills, but what's the point if he's got the heart of a mouse? Those people that do tekkers have some very impressive skills - sure as hell doesn't mean you'd give them a contract to play an actual game.
No idea what Tekkers is but Ozil can be beautiful at times. Not that I necessarily give much credence to this, but doesn’t he hold the prem assist record? Suggests he’s contributed something to a pretty poor arsenal side? I also seem to remember that his work rate is immense...just not maybe tackling and flying around into everyone. Which a lot of fans seem to value more.

kg82

Well, I thought he’d had an injury more recently, though I might be wrong. Anyway, agree to disagree about being average players. Don’t think I’m going to persuade you otherwise, and you certainly won’t persuade me!
Back to Sheaf...!

cc84cov

I expect this sorted one way or another over the coming 48 hours he’s clearly thinking over the offer which is what he should be doing I expect he’s got offers on the table

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No idea what Tekkers is but Ozil can be beautiful at times. Not that I necessarily give much credence to this, but doesn’t he hold the prem assist record? Suggests he’s contributed something to a pretty poor arsenal side? I also seem to remember that his work rate is immense...just not maybe tackling and flying around into everyone. Which a lot of fans seem to value more.

Tekkers are those people like on youtube who do lots of fancy tricks and keepie-uppies.

When is he making those assists? Very rarely when they're in dire need of that bit of magic to turn a game. It's him taking advantage of another team that's already being over-run. As for work rate do you mean 'running around'? It's easy to do loads of that while hiding away from actually getting involved in a game. I'm not saying he should be going around flying into people but when the team are playing poorly he 'hides' - he doesn't make himself available.

He's someone that takes a 2-0 win and makes it a 4-0 win but won't salvage a 1-1 draw from a 1-0 defeat and would turn as many draws into defeats by not getting involved as he would turn them into wins with a bit of magic. He's a luxury a team can't afford. A 'fluff' footballer.

cc84cov

People like Nixon announcing it don’t help just alerts more clubs which is prob why Luton have now come in

Users who are viewing this thread