Bayliss off? (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

I’m not overly bothered by Bayliss leaving as I don’t think his game suits L1 football. Jamie Allen will have a bigger impact on games in this league and score more goals from midfield.

Evo1883

A Preston fan reckons they've tabled a bid of 1.9 million, probably bollocks too, but just relaying the info

CanadianCCFC

He only played 16 times for Preston last season. They might loan him to us for the season, which would be a great signing.
He only signed for them in January and made 8 starts and 9 sub appearances, scoring 4 goals in the championship.
In the first half of last season he scored 16 in 25 in L2 with Exeter.

no_loyalty

He only signed for them in January and made 8 starts and 9 sub appearances, scoring 4 goals in the championship.
In the first half of last season he scored 16 in 25 in L2 with Exeter.

Yes you are right, I thought he had joined them last summer on a free.

CanadianCCFC

Louis Moult:
Joined Preston in January 2018, 2 seasons ago. Only 11 starts and 23 sub appearances since then (I don’t know if injured out unfavoured or both), 6 goals.
Previously, in 2 and a half seasons for Motherwell, he scored 38 in 77 starts and 7 sub appearances in the Scottish Premiership, and 11 goals in 9 starts and 5 subs in the 2 Scottish cups (likely some lower opposition).

Skybluefaz

Louis Moult:
Joined Preston in January 2018, 2 seasons ago. Only 11 starts and 23 sub appearances since then (I don’t know if injured out unfavoured or both), 6 goals.
Previously, in 2 and a half seasons for Motherwell, he scored 38 in 77 starts and 7 sub appearances in the Scottish Premiership, and 11 goals in 9 starts and 5 subs in the 2 Scottish cups (likely some lower opposition).
Was this guy once at Funeaton?

no_loyalty

Louis Moult:

Ex Nuneaton striker, his stats don't look too bad.

skyblue1991

Is anyone actually that fussed if Bayliss goes?

Yes the quantity is down but quality-wise I didn't think he pulled up any trees last season

If Preston/Sheff Utd/ a n other offer £2m plus add-ons I'd take that.

ccfcway

Yes the quantity is down but quality-wise I didn't think he pulled up any trees last season

£2m is huge for a player not even a guaranteed starter in a league one team

cc84cov

£2m is huge for a player not even a guaranteed starter in a league one team

Not that fussed tbh IF Robins is allowed to use the money to reinvest,issue is will he be sold then hardly any of the money goes back into the squad

SeaSeeEffCee

It's hard to get particularly excited about the potentially of new signings after last summer when we were all buzzing at the prospect of Brown, Chaplin and Ogogo only for them to either be bombed out within a few months or fail to live up to expectations.

On paper Allen and McFadzean look good signings, but plenty of players have looked good on paper and then been awful when it comes down to it. Jobello and Kastaneer are complete unknowns, they could be class but could also be shite. Personally I'll be surprised if Kastaneer makes more than 10 league appearances for us given his injury record. Marosi sounds alright but doesn't have much experience and doesn't sound like a huge improvement on Burge. Dabo sounds like he'll be equal to or slightly worse than Sterling, but at least we own him so don't have to worry about losing him at the end of the season. As things stand, if we sell Bayliss, I find it hard to make a case that we're any stronger than we were at the end of last season, which is quite disappointing seeing as we're supposedly 'going for it' this year. Think there are at least 6 teams better than us in this division.

ccfcway

Not that fussed tbh IF Robins is allowed to use the money to reinvest,issue is will he be sold then hardly any of the money goes back into the squad

sadly, its where we are. Talk of a "5,000 attendance" at first "home" game of the season with main revenue outside of tv money being ticket sales. we need to fund the players we have.

ccfc1234

A shit Jacob Murphy really, although still a decent player hes hardly irreplaceable, watching jobello in pre season I don't see how fans are not more excited by him, has a good delivery, takes players on, is also fast as fook and should chip in with more goals than Thomas... Time will tell

The squad is definitely not Alot weaker than last seasons, I'm not sure where this nonsense is coming from.

The only actual difference between this squad and last year's is bright... Why people keep harping on about Chaplin I don't know, I watched him miss sitter after sitter so it's not a miss and we are pretty much in the same place because we are only using 1 striker

We haven't had JCH for 8 months now, do we still say the squads much weaker because we sold dion Dublin 20 odd years ago

I would like to see more faces, but to suggest the team is much weaker than the one that finished last season is absolute nonsense, it's a couple players short of being much better imo

Put the squads side by side and tell me you aren't just lying to yourself

Its a like for like squad missing a couple of players to take us to where we all want to be...
Agree with most of that but fail to see how your rant needed my post above it? Jobello looks dangerous and impressive on Sat when I saw him at Swindon. Just think Thomas deserves more respect than to right him off

ccfcway

by 1st Aug last season, we hadn't signed Hiwula, Bakayoko, Thomas, Chaplin and Bright (who came in Jan)

people need to chillax. Plenty of time to further strengthen

higgs

If you think about it, Allen was signed to replace Bayliss and will be first choice if and when fit (lets hope he is for Saturday) Bayliss going has already been looked after, with Westbroke in the background we have 2 players for that position, its Kellys back up im worried about and i would hope we would get something in before the end of our transfer window. i guess we see what happens over the next 24 hrs
Meyler on a free?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

beckford

Word from those ITK at our end is that this is basically done and set to be confirmed. Supposedly just under £2m. Moult has been linked with Salford on loan.

GaryJones

Cov Telegraph reporting that Preston have made a move for Bayliss.
Looking like he is off!

Users who are viewing this thread